Newcastle (don't) chase Giuly

Greg

I'm finding us being linked with Cacapa and Jean-Sebastien Jaures really interesting. We've been strongly linked with Ben Haim, Rozenhal and Baines. I wonder if this is all true and Big Sam actually wants the lot of them with Cacapa being a 4th centre back, allowing Ramage to move on, and Jaures being backup left back with Babayaro fucking off, leaving us with 4 centre backs next season and 2 left backs.

Nah i'm dreaming i think

I'm finding us being linked with Cacapa and Jean-Sebastien Jaures really interesting. We've been strongly linked with Ben Haim, Rozenhal and Baines. I wonder if this is all true and Big Sam actually wants the lot of them with Cacapa being a 4th centre back, allowing Ramage to move on, and Jaures being backup left back with Babayaro f****** off, leaving us with 4 centre backs next season and 2 left backs.

Nah i'm dreaming i think

Oh but its a pleasant dream you wouldnt want to wake up from! Ideally we need that many at least.

RB: Solano, Ebondo (carr) (dyer?)

CB: Ben Haim, Taylor, Rozenhal, Cacapa (ramage)

LB: Baines, Jaures (Baba)

would make deeper reading although the four players from abroad are unknown quantities to me. Id expect us to keep Ramage as a backup utility, as for baba and carr who knows.

Translated this from the L'Equipe website...

"Giuly on the move : The father of Ludovic Giuly who also acts as agent to the Barcelona player explained on Thursday that there's a strong possibility he will leave this season. "Ludovic had an interview with Frank Rijkaard. There's an 80% chance that he will leave Barca", declared Dominique Giuly. Ludovic Giuly should leave the Catalan club one year before his contract expires."

The priority has always been the defence though. Still think if a quality attacking midfielder comes along though he'd take an interest.

direct quote "stregthening defence will be my key area I think now"

ah right, thought the €13m was in reference to him, but it's Parker, except that figure is way off the reported figure.

Its around about the figure initially reported before the transfer went through (£8.5 million).

Guest Triglett

Tottenham are weighing up a move for Barcelona midfielder Ludovic Giuly.

With Atletico Madrid winger Martin Petrov complaining of a knee injury and Blackburn insisting Morten Gamst Pedersen is not for sale, Spurs chief Damien Comolli is having to widen his net to bring in a new attacking midfielder this summer.

Ajax star Wesley Sneijder tops Tottenham's shortlist, but Giuly is also on Comolli's radar. The Frenchman has just over a year left on his present Barca deal and admits he could be on the move this summer.

Along with Spurs, Marseille see Giuly as a replacement for new Bayern Munich signing Franck Ribery.

From Tribalfootball though. Not really bothered either way TBH.

Toon boss likes game of Ludo!

Jun 10 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Newcastle are on the trail of French flier Ludovic Giuly. The Barcelona forward is resigned to leaving the Nou Camp, and is on Sam Allardyce's radar as he continues his rebuilding work at United.

Giuly, 30, is a target for Marseille, Monaco, Fiorentina and Juventus, but his commercial representative, Sebastien Riera, told the Sunday Sun: "Ludo is aware of Newcastle's interest."

Bolton's El-Hadji Diouf is a possible alternative target to Giuly for the role of right-sided attacker in Allardyce's favoured 4-3-3 formation.

But with sources suggesting Diouf may be out of contract next summer, Allardyce may prefer to wait until January to make a cut-price - and hugely controversial - raid on his old club.

Allardyce last night admitted he would be helpless to prevent Michael Owen from leaving United if another club triggers the release clause in the England striker's contract.

"There's nothing I can do about it," said Big Sam. "We are benefiting from a release clause to get Joey Barton, but could suffer because of Michael's."

But with the Premiership's top clubs likely to want further proof of his fitness, Owen may stay put at Newcastle until at least January, when his release fee - which drops by 25 per cent a year - would stand below £9 million.

Marseille right-back Habib Beye has also entered Allardyce's thinking as he looks to bolster a defence set to be strengthened by the signings of centre-backs Ben Tal Haim and David Rohzenhal this week.

Meanwhile, Joey Barton's pay-off wrangle with Manchester City "won't stand in the way of him joining Newcastle", according to his agent, Willie McKay.

But with the Premiership's top clubs likely to want further proof of his fitness, Owen may stay put at Newcastle until at least January, when his release fee - which drops by 25 per cent a year - would stand below £9 million.

Ermm...WHAT :knuppel2:

That's just shocking

Guest Phil K

Allardyce last night admitted he would be helpless to prevent Michael Owen from leaving United if another club triggers the release clause in the England striker's contract.

"There's nothing I can do about it," said Big Sam. "We are benefiting from a release clause to get Joey Barton, but could suffer because of Michael's."

This is the "release cause" that both Owen & Shepherd said didn't exist, eh ?

Shows what a pair of lying ars*holes they both are, perhaps ?