Newcastle (don't) chase Giuly

Greg

Wow ... it looks like we are going to have a legitimate squad of players for once!

So here is the inevitable question, does this mean that we will have the likes of Charlie, Milner and maybe Taylor on the bench and bring them along slower?

I have always thought that these three were being thrown into things too quickly as they are only 20 years old. I think they are our future and not our present. They should play a good amount if games, but should not be guaranteed first teamers. I don't think they are quite ready and therefore they will always lack consistency.

It will be better if we brought in some more experienced players of the age of 27/28 who the likes of Milner. N'zogbia and Taylor could learn from and eventually take over from.

This would be a lot healthier and would really allow us to challenge the big boys.

Thoughts?

Guest teepee

good player - but would command outrageous wages. so a too big fee cannot be accepted as he is getting a bit on for a pacy winger...

Well i think it would harm Taylor more than anything by dropping him now. He's been coming on so much over the last few months imo. He's full of confidence now. I'm also a big fan of Milner and the Zog but Taylor is the main one who i have big hopes for.

Guest Bramble OG

translation please

unless the cat is sitting on the table i'm f*****

le chat se repose sur la table ?

i was thinking le chat sur la table

oh just checked google and mine means "the cat rests on the table"

Guest khyberpass

translation please

thought it was LA chat; not le!!!

translation please

thought it was LA chat; not le!!!

probably,like i say my french is not magnafique

Guest khyberpass

Milner was class this season...needs to improve his crossing; but not sure about dropping him...

Guest LUKASJJ

I think it would be very hard to drop any of them now! they are used to first team football and arent going to want to sit on the bench. I think we should be building the defence around Taylor- he could be our John Terry. Re Guily- i think we should go for him but not at that price- say 4 million.

I love this summer!! So exciting! :celb:

Guest alex

Milner was class this season...needs to improve his crossing; but not sure about dropping him...

He was alright. He'll never be class. Shone in a poor side for the second year running imo.

Be a great signing, but i'll be suprised if 'bigger' clubs arent also after him

indeed, Barca usually give away their players that don't need/want n all for lower fees too to get them off the wage bill (riquelme,rochemback,saviola etc.), very good player who has a good cross/eye for goal/pace a plenty and can play both wings in a 442 and a 433. Would be a decent bit of a business. Prefer us to sort the defence first however.

He was alright. He'll never be class. Shone in a poor side for the second year running imo.

I see what you did there.

Don't be surprised if the likes of Arsenal & Liverpool bid yet mind.

But Arsenal can only offer him a one year contract which he'd throw in their faces. (i guess your talking about Giuly not Parker)

Not sure about Giuly, was mint 1st season at Barca, done next to nowt since.

Don't be surprised if the likes of Arsenal & Liverpool bid yet mind.

But Arsenal can only offer him a one year contract which he'd throw in their faces. (i guess your talking about Giuly not Parker)

Not sure about Giuly, was mint 1st season at Barca, done next to nowt since.

Had no chance once Messi emerged. Messi is brilliant and is a cult hero to boot.

No way Giuly gets in the team with Messi and Ronaldinho in his position. Before messi came to the fore I thought he was brilliant for Barcelona.

Might be small but has a low centre of gravity and a strong base. Not easy to push of the ball and he is very direct and aggressive in the way he runs at players.