Newcastle (don't) chase Giuly

Greg

Anyone with any ambition will pick us over the smogmonsters and Celtic.

With any ambition to what? Play in the Champions League & win trophies? Only one club there can offer that...

Of course! Once again, a player is only not interested in Spurs because of wages.

:lol:

If an excuse aint broken, don't fix it!

:lol:

I beg to differ. It is broken as it's been used so damn much.

Please fix it!

With any ambition to what? Play in the Champions League & win trophies? Only one club there can offer that...

Personally i would rather play in the Premiership for a club with renewed hope, than go to a micky mouse league where theres only a couple of teams in it. Celtic aren't ever gonna win the Champions League. If you go to any SPL team you have no ambition imo. SPL medals count for shit.

Personally i would rather play in the Premiership for a club with renewed hope, than go to a micky mouse league where theres only a couple of teams in it. Celtic aren't ever gonna win the Champions League. If you go to any SPL team you have no ambition imo. SPL medals count for shit.

He'd be paid some serious wumba to play, at half-pace, in a team that'll rip everything to shreads while gaining medal after medal, aswell as regular Champo League footy. Aye, his ambition is questionable. But the easy choice is Celtic.

Obviously, i'd like him to come here.

I remember the Monaco-Porto Champions League final a few years ago.  Monaco were looking good (my money was on them), then Giuly went off injured and Monaco were pretty much finished after that.

He was a very very good player.  My main concern is that his game is all about pace.  Once he loses that, I reckon he'll be a passenger in most games.  Coupled with questionable commitment and motivation, it represents a big gamble.  Perhaps, for the money touted, we should avoid this one.  Having said that, there must be people at the club with more knowledge of the lad than me and, if they think he's worth buying, I'm all for it.

Of course! Once again, a player is only not interested in Spurs because of wages.

I never said that, or anything like that.  Read it again and it may sink in the second time around.

Well that definitely looked to me like you were suggesting that the only reason you aren't going for him is because of money. Even if you did offer the same as us who's to say he'd choose you?

I never said that, or anything like that.  Read it again and it may sink in the second time around.

Well that definitely looked to me like you were suggesting that the only reason you aren't going for him is because of money. Even if you did offer the same as us who's to say he'd choose you?

I said Spurs weren't pursuing because of the player's required wages, not the player was pulling out because Spurs wouldn't offer enough.  If all the interested clubs offered identical money, it would be down to the player where he went.  Not suggesting that Giuly has a preference for Spurs because I have no idea where his preferred destination would be.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Pure agent talk , thank god. Could have been a huge flop..

Not for 1.5 mil, thats an affordable flop if anything lol

• 3 weeks later...