Estonia vs England

Dave

I've never seen a player run down as many blind alleys and not have any idea of what he actually wants to do with the ball as Kieran Dyer. I mean, ffs. Look up sometimes.

Not see Joe Cole this evening then?

Not really, no. The only part I watched fully was the last 30mins.

Cole did look crap from what I saw though.

Ah OK, well yeah. Apart from his goal, he was a clumsy headless chicken for the entirety of the match.

Beckham's still the only player we have who's capable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck.

I think Gerrard could when utilised properly/not put alongside that joke of an international.

I've never seen a player run down as many blind alleys and not have any idea of what he actually wants to do with the ball as Kieran Dyer. I mean, ffs. Look up sometimes.

Not see Joe Cole this evening then?

Not really, no. The only part I watched fully was the last 30mins.

Cole did look crap from what I saw though.

The whole game was pretty poor really barring the 3 goals which were well executed.

Inbetween there wasnt much inspiration.

Crouch won the award for most pointless booking for that crap tackle on that lad near then end.

Same old England then...Cross it people run blindly into the middle?

The first goal wasn't much of a cross, Bridge was shocking all night (as was Brown down the right), it was Crouch's flick that made the goal. But the two long balls from Beckham were superbly executed and it was overall good attacking play. The movement from both Crouch and Owen was excellent and with Crouch's in-particular, it was a superbly guided header.

The ball from Beckham just bounced, there was no pace on the ball by the time it reached Crouch, and he was still a good 12-yards out. Managed to get a lot of power and direction on it though, ace header.

They were all good goals in fairness.

Well for the 2 goals tonight he just crossed both times to Crouch and Owen who were totally unmarked in the box.

I would pick the Crouch pass out for the 2 as the better.

The first goal wasn't much of a cross, Bridge was shocking all night (as was Brown down the right), it was Crouch's flick that made the goal. But the two long balls from Beckham were superbly executed and it was overall good attacking play. The movement from both Crouch and Owen was excellent and with Crouch's in-particular, it was a superbly guided header.

The ball from Beckham just bounced, there was no pace on the ball by the time it reached Crouch, and he was still a good 12-yards out. Managed to get a lot of power and direction on it though, ace header.

Cheers YG. :thup:

I haven't really been paying attention to the England setup lately, but where's Rooney?  Is he injured or suspended?

Suspended.

Will replace Crouch in the next game as he is banned for getting booked tonight

I haven't really been paying attention to the England setup lately, but where's Rooney?  Is he injured or suspended?

Presumably injured, because he didn't play against Brazil either. EDIT: Evidently not!

Who's England's next game against, btw? Israel at home?

Beckham's still the only player we have who's capable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck.

I think we've got enough match winners, we just have a shit manager. Hate to be as blunt as that, but anyone that can struggle against some of the teams we have, just because David Beckham is out, is clearly an awful manager.

I also struggle to come to terms with people that can believe that. Like if Lennon is playing, suddenly we really should be struggling. Plenty of international teams would kill for the players we have, even the second string ones and make proper use of them.

Just seen the Beckham ball for Crouch again and while I think he is over-rated, that is one hell of a fucking pass

Yep, brilliant curling, cutting pass. Superb vision and it's hardly as if the ball was static.

S'all Beckham is good for, though - and if we're going to rely on that then it's time to start worrying, this is Estonia after all. He was hardly darting up and down the wing, beating players. He'd be made mincemeat of by a good left-wing/left-back combo. Just like in the World Cup. And when you consider he's a million miles away, and on £500,000 a week, and he's the wrong side of 30 - i'm not optimistic.

Impact player at most, for me. But you can't bench David Beckham, can you.

Because the rest of the team are so inept, you cant bench him.

Crunch time when we play Russia and Croatia though. I hope these 2 games havent put Beckham back in the comfort zone again.

I am not confident

Sorry, I think a half-way decent defence would have prevented the last two goals.

Christ, what dull, unimaginative, predictable football we played. It really made me realise how much quality the foreign players have brought to the Premiership. We looked like an England team from the eighties.

Crouch's suspension has saved McClaren from a tricky decision, because he contributed far more than Owen, and when Rooney returns, he ought to have retained his place.

Sorry, I think a half-way decent defence would have prevented the last two goals.

Possibly. But Estonia's defensive line wasn't particularly bad, or no worse than the majority, and Beckham's passes split it inch-perfectly, twice. And there's no mistaking that Crouch's header was class.

Possibly. But Estonia's defensive line wasn't particularly bad, or no worse than the majority, and Beckham's passes split it inch-perfectly, twice. And there's no mistaking that Crouch's header was class.

Well let's put it another way. Neither would have been goals against the top international sides.

That performance was okay for beating the likes of Estonia. We had the power and the fitness to overcome them. But we ought to be aiming to win a major international tournament, and that style of play just will not be good enough.

I've seen that kind of England performance so many times over the years. When we're up against someone decent, the lack of pace and quality in the passing counts against us.

Well let's put it another way. Neither would have been goals against the top international sides.

That performance was okay for beating the likes of Estonia. We had the power and the fitness to overcome them. But we ought to be aiming to win a major international tournament, and that style of play just will not be good enough.

I've seen that kind of England performance so many times over the years. When we're up against someone decent, the lack of pace and quality in the passing counts against us.

Probably wouldn't disagree with any of that!

Decent performance and good result but you've absolutely got to give credit to Beckham for those crosses, superb. That's what he does best.

Over the moon to see Owen score, just hope he does it next year in black and white.

Guest Ridzuan

Good win for England and important one as well.Its great to see little Mickey getting on the scoresheet again.As for Beckham,he had a good game but I think thats because he got so much space on the right that he had time to deliver two great crosses.Im not taking anything away from his performance,but the Estonian defenders should have done more on closing in Beckham.

Good win for England and important one as well.Its great to see little Mickey getting on the scoresheet again.As for Beckham,he had a good game but I think thats because he got so much space on the right that he had time to deliver two great crosses.Im not taking anything away from his performance,but the Estonian defenders should have done more on closing in Beckham.

I don't think they can do much. Beckham has been delivering telling crosses all his life, against top class opponents for Manchester United, Real Madrid and England. Beckham is a class player who doesn't rely on speed. As long as he is sharp he will always be a huge menace.