Stockmarket Announcement - Done Deal! Shepherd sells shares to Ashley

Rob W

This new thread is s***, long live the old thread!

:lol:

Was the old thread a record at all??

No, but after the discussion about match day threads i thought it would have been easy to keep the debate going.

Mind you, it was James who locked the thread, probably because most of the discussion was going over his enormously deformed head.

This new thread is s***, long live the old thread!

:lol:

Was the old thread a record at all??

No, but after the discussion about match day threads i thought it would have been easy to keep the debate going.

Mind you, it was James who locked the thread, probably because most of the discussion was going over his enormously deformed head.

May not have been a 'record' but it was a great thread to take part in (2741 Posts / 36,908 Views / 110 Pages!)

A lot of the pleasure of taking part in the thread, was probably the subject-matter  Hey, isn't it a GREAT close season!!!!!!!!!!  Best for years . . . .

I am nervous... but an excited nervous at what the future holds

I was more excited in the other thread.

This one is dull.

Mebbe  -  it was all "new" in the old one wasn't it.

We are getting used to it all, a bit, now.

Well actually . . .  I'm not!!!! (opens another can!)

This one is dull.

Utter shit isnt it. James has killed of the discussion. Well done pratt.

This one is dull.

Utter shit isnt it. James has killed of the discussion. Well done pratt.

One of the most pointless bits of modding i've seen in quite some time tbh.

It should be allowed to run its course, why force a big thread like that to close before its time?

'I'm mod, i close thread, coz i can'

This one is dull.

Utter s*** isnt it. James has killed of the discussion. Well done pratt.

Can it not be re-opened - and 'merge' these posts onto it??

This one is dull.

Utter s*** isnt it. James has killed of the discussion. Well done pratt.

Can it not be re-opened - and 'merge' these posts onto it??

Should lock this one on account of its shitness anyway.

Guest Darth Toon

Biggest down side of this whole thing is that I'm finding it virtually impossible to get any work done - club sold to billionaire, new signings, promising links left, right and centre with a massive transfer budget to play with - it's getting ridiculous!

I had started to think I just didn't like football as much anymore, but it turns out it was just because we were such a depressing mess - buzzing again now!  :D

Really guys, I was just reacting to:

a) requests to lock that thread

b) comments that the 110 pager was inaccessible and unfollowable

c) The fact that 31 people had posted in the new thread as oppossed to 5 in the other since the new thread began.

It really wouldn't be difficult to reply to anything in the other thread, just open a new window on your web browser, and paste it onto here.

As I see it, this thread is slow because there are some big transferstories going on, and now Shepherd has sold, there isn't much to speculate about.

c) The fact that 31 people had posted in the new thread as oppossed to 5 in the other since the new thread began.

It really wouldn't be difficult to reply to anything in the other thread, just open a new window on your web browser, and paste it onto here.

As I see it, this thread is slow because there are some big transferstories going on, and now Shepherd has sold, there isn't much to speculate about.

Fair enough James, A & B are valid, although a new thread would always out do an old one since everyone is looking in it so C for me isn't.

I still felt a fair few points were still open for discussion, but like you say could be transfered, i just dont think anyone will be bothered to do so now.

Guest TheOrder

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/%5BFFi%5DRemusLupin/image012.jpg

I'm slightly bewildered by the fact that there is nothing on nufc.co.uk about this at all.

I know this wont mean a hitch or anything mind.

I suspect that Craig Hope isn't allowed to mention board room stories that haven't been written in person by those high up.

Either there is no-one around to tell Hope what to do, or we can expect a more detailed announcement later.

Things looked so grim only a few weeks ago. It looked like Freddie was there for life and we were just going to have to sit and watch while yet more clubs overtook us.

Well done to the Halls for taking unilateral action on the situation.

Very simplistic view. The Halls are in financial trouble and needed out quick. Shepherd and the Halls have raped the club for over a decade and it is mainly OUR money they've used to make their lives more comfortable. I doubt whether either party has put up £10m between them to attain the positions they achieved. In fact £10m could be way over the top in an estimation.

Good riddance to the cunts.

On the positive though Ashley should finance at least one major signing before the end of the transfer window - he'll need to convince the rank and file he means business. Sams shopping list will suddenly have became totally different to the one him and Shepherd were working on.

You're living up to your username here. Rejoice!

Okay, I wasn't meaning to say that the Halls deserve a medal for selling up. Sir John Hall did it in his own business interests, just as he got involved in the first place as a businessman. He's never hidden that.

Where we seem to differ is I don't have a problem with club owners getting a return on their investment. I think clubs ought to be run as viable businesses rather than as the plaything of sugardaddies. There's enough money coming into the game as it is, and all the likes of Abramovic have done is artificially inflate transfer fees and wages, as well as threaten the fairness of the competition. In time, he'll lose interest, if that hasn't already happened.

The value of someone like Ashley is that he'll be able to wipe out the debt, invest on a large scale and keep pace with the competition. We won't be back in the situation where we're having to recall players when they're half way down the motorway to join another club. I don't think we should be expecting him to dip into his pocket for £30 million players though.

All in all, I'm glad Sir John Hall got involved, and I'm glad he eventually broke ranks with Shepherd. Whatever the motivation, at least he's spoken and acted as a gentleman throughout, which is more than can be said for Freddie.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1033894,00.html

Freddy Shepherd Statement

Following the announcement that Newcastle United and St James Holdings Limited have agreed the terms of a recommended cash offer by SJHL, Chairman Freddy Shepherd has said the following:

"As Chairman of Newcastle United I have always tried to act in the very best interests of this great football club, and stressed that should the right person emerge to lead the club forward into the future, then I would support them fully.

"I believe Mike Ashley and SJHL, along with new manager Sam Allardyce can deliver a vibrant new era at Newcastle United and I sincerely hope that together we can all enjoy successful times.

"It was always very important to me that this whole matter was handled amicably and swiftly for the sake of everyone connected with the football club."

Probably posted already, don't care.

Glad it's been sorted this quickly tbh.

I thinks this will be the best ever pre season ever! Is anyone expecting an Abramovic style spending spree os a controlled one?

Controlled one.

A controlled one, players coming in for reasonable fees, dead wood being shipped out with only a few million excess being spent - ignoring the £30mill signing of Carlitos Tevez of course.