Kieron Dyer....

Guest TheOrder

Guest TheOrder

Jealousy?

I'm not jealous of other footballers. Why would I be jealous of Kieron Dyer?

Think it's over the top, and a little to do with jealousy TBH. Does anyone know that he's getting 'itchy feet', or is it tabloid speculation striking again?

I don't think it's at all to do with jealousy. Take Craig Bellamy for example, an even bigger arsehole than Dyer but who gave his all for the club on the pitch, that's all that we can ask for.  blueyes.gif

we need depth and just cause we will get a cash injection dont mean we need to get rid of everyone, when you make a list of players we need to get shot of I dont see dyer as high up there, there are plenty of games to play per season, I agree rocker he needs to really put his head down stop being seen as a spoilt kid with too much spare cash and try showing the club some desire and loyalty and TBH I think he has been decent sinse he came back from injury, of course we could do better than him but where does it stop do you want a 10 million+ world class player x 2 for each position.

Guest TheOrder

we need depth and just cause we will get a cash injection dont mean we need to get rid of everyone, when you make a list of players we need to get shot of I dont see dyer as high up there, there are plenty of games to play per season, I agree rocker he needs to really put his head down stop being seen as a spoilt kid with too much spare cash and try showing the club some desire and loyalty and TBH I think he has been decent sinse he came back from injury, of course we could do better than him but where does it stop do you want a 10 million+ world class player x 2 for each position.

Nobodys mentioned top class players. If you were to replace Dyer, for the better, he'd just have to be a decent player.

Nobodys mentioned top class players. If you were to replace Dyer, for the better, he'd just have to be a decent player.

but thats a point I am making I do feel he is a decent player depending on what we bring in he is good enough to be a squad player regardless of an improved fitness regieme SA wants to bring in there is nothing stopping the owen type freak accidents/injuries I just have belief that if Dyer was to stay then SA would get the best out of him. We really dont need to strip it back to the bare bones more so than we already have. As someone said before I agree I would be the type to say yes to a 5+ million bid as due to his injury record it is a good price but realistically unless the spuds and chelsea rumours are true we would not be talking that kind of money.

Guest elbee909

I don't see it as Allardyce 'pleading' Dyer to stay.  It seems more like 'this is where we're going; if you want to be a part of it, fine.  If not, then you know where the door is.'

I think certain things will be expected of them both and if they're not up for it then they can request a transfer.  If he'd said nonsense about wanting to build a team around them then I'd worry.

Guest fraser

A little off the point here but Dyer was in several excellent positions last evening and failed to either finish or pass incisively; I like him as a player but expect more from someone paid as much as him.

As for transfer destinations, Spurs wouldn't pay him anywhere near what he gets off us; only the Hammers would pay enough. Who else wants him?

It could also be that Allardyce saying he wants him to be part of his plans means Dyer has to ask for a transfer. Could this be the better financial choice for the club as we keep all the money (does that rule still apply)?

Honestly, I can't believe some people!!! Fair enough he had a fair few shit games at the back end of last season but why he's singled out I'll never know. He wasn't the only one who didn't seem to be doing their all. And don't forget he was struggling in a team that was struggling even more. On his day he's a top class player and that's been proved by the fact he's been called up for England and actually done well when being introduced.

As for helping him through his injuries, it was pretty obvious that it was pretty major and without knowing the facts you can not blame him for that!!!!

This is a new start for the club and I don't see why he shouldn't get a new start!!

i just read a suggestion of dyer being played at right back.  is anyone else intrigued by this? 

link & excerpt:

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=-buy-into-my-vision---boss-urges-star-pair%26method=full%26objectid=19259347%26siteid=50081-name_page.html 

Allardyce has still talked about his plans for both players at Newcastle next season and admitted there is a chance Dyer could be converted into a right-back.

He said: "I've only talked to Kieron about the fact he is such a versatile player. It's a major asset but constantly being moved around doesn't always help maintain his best form.

"We talked about how he started as a right-back at Ipswich and Steve (McClaren) has been looking at using him as a right-back for England recently. But until we get to know each other a little better we don't know.

Guest bluegeordie

Just get Dyer to room with Wor Joey, and we'll soon see a transformation in the former's attitude :knuppel2: ... either that, or he'll take to donning a patch over one eye, and trembling every time if he walks past a tobacconists ;).

At this stage of Dyer's, err, "development" I could live with either outcome, tbh. 

Newcastle would be a better without without Dyer on the books.

he does have pace, he's even started to score goals and i firmly believe his bad boy days are behind him, but the money he is on, his past injury problems and the amount of return we get doesn't add up, and were not getting a good enough deal to keep him on the books.

Still, it would be interesting to see if SA can get Dyer going. Give him a new injection, maybe try him in tha right back position as mentioned yesterday. But if we can get good money for him, we should sell.

Dyer & Barton getting on will be one to watch due to the fact that some of the England book brigade Barton dissed are not only friends of KD but have been shagging partners of his in a video.

With Viduka up front it may be time to move Nobby back to right midfield & Dyer to RB. Dyer could overlap & would have the whole pitch in front of him to use his pace. It would be unlucky on Jimmy Milner as nobody gives it more but his crossing is poor at times, maybe a bigger target to aim for in Viduka may help James out.

I noticed Sam is not classing Dyer as one of his strikers

Dyer & Barton getting on will be one to watch due to the fact that some of the England book brigade Barton dissed are not only friends of KD but have been shagging partners of his in a video.

With Viduka up front it may be time to move Nobby back to right midfield & Dyer to RB. Dyer could overlap & would have the whole pitch in front of him to use his pace. It would be unlucky on Jimmy Milner as nobody gives it more but his crossing is poor at times, maybe a bigger target to aim for in Viduka may help James out.

I'd rather have Nobby at right-back and Milner on the right-wing, Milner was one of our best players last season.

I noticed Sam is not classing Dyer as one of his strikers

may sound harsh but I would rather see us sign a new rb and phase poor nobby out he is moving on after next season and really dont think we can expect him to play week in week out anymore. As for Milner we saw under a poor manager and a very poor side in general he was a shineing star really hopeing that with a little more encouragement (he really did get over the villa thing well) and maybe some better trainers than terry mac and clarkie we may see him come on leaps and bounds.

I'd rather have Nobby at right-back and Milner on the right-wing, Milner was one of our best players last season.

For effort? Yes. But not for quality.  We were s*** as a team last year, our last home goal was in Feb & was a pen, so all these people ranting on about these great attacking players we have are not in the real world. Big Sams first two signings have been attacking players rather than defenders, he knows the problems.

For effort? Yes. But not for quality.  We were s*** as a team last year, our last home goal was in Feb & was a pen, so all these people ranting on about these great attacking players we have are not in the real world. Big Sams first two signings have been attacking players rather than defenders, he knows the problems.

Did I say he was a great player? He was far more productive than Dyer was last season which was my original point.

Never ceases to amaze me people having a go at Milner's crossing. Dyer's been here 8 years and never attempted to put a cross in.

He really does have one of the weakest right-foots man, I've never seen him put his foot right through a ball man.