European U21 Championship

Guest SwissMagpie

I read on a leading toon site that we had agreed to sign Baines.

Leading you up the wrong garden path maybe?

For a team that is gifted in shooting from range you think we would be a bit more bothered with closing them down for long shots!

At least they didnt lose!

Anyway, Milner was shit today, Taylor was fantastic but might take just a little bit of blame for Italy's seconed

Have to say, any team/nation that consider Richardson as a squad player don't deserve to win anything tbh.

Anyway, Milner was shit today, Taylor was fantastic but might take just a little bit of blame for Italy's seconed

Have to say, any team/nation that consider Richardson as a squad player don't deserve to win anything tbh.

Wow.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Great entertainment!

Horrible defending overall mostly because the midfield didnt help the back four apart from the first half an hour, which resulted in a lot of dangerous shots.

England should play wider because Milner and Baines are very good with their crosses and Young is superb 1 vs 1. I really think that Baines would be a good player at Newcastle, and if he is valued at about 5 mil I would def buy him!

Wow.

What match are we talking about here?

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Anyway, Milner was s*** today, Taylor was fantastic but might take just a little bit of blame for Italy's seconed

Taylor had a poor first half if you ask me but got better in the second and I think Milner did ok but wasnt involved enough in the second half. Both about average overall IMO.

Wow.

Milner was excellent first half. Barely touched the ball second half, but cant really blame him for that...

Taylor didn't have too much to do in the first half, but did what was needed second half.

Non where shit, non were brilliant.

England have had their chance and might well have blown it, they should have had a simple six points from these two games. Leroy Lite, honestly I despair. Absolute shite. His celebration should have had him hauled off, fucking arsehole.

Great game. Really good to see two international teams going for it.

Carson looked like he should be playing for the senior team. He looked very assured.

We had chances to finish them off, but our strikers weren't quite good enough.

Wasted opportunity for a win.

Pearce has as much vision to change his system (up and at 'em lads!!) as Roeder did!

Lita.....knob

Lucky to get anything by the end.

Still think they'll beat Serbia and go through to meet Holland though!!

Guest Triglett

You should definitely sign Baines if possible. Good fullbacks are few and far between, and Baines represents a sound long term investment. £6-7m for a good, young player with plenty of potential and his best years ahead of him...can't see a down side if you've got the money.

I agree, he looked suprisingly solid defensively today, i thought that was the weakest area of his game, but he showed alot alround today. It was just an U21 game but still he looked a class above.

The height factor shouldnt be an issue, I really hope we press ahead if we have any interest in him.