European U21 Championship

Guest SwissMagpie

What a f****** idiot Taylor is man.

To think some on here want him to be our next captain :D

f****** hell, i knew a comment like that was coming.

The truth?

Let's ignore the fact he's been one of Englands best players this tournament eh. One mistake = he's shite

Unlucky with that offside, pretty cautious stuff from both sides so far.

Be very happy if we're after Babel, still only 20 years old and already looks to be a very strong, tall player. In a couple of years he'll fill out and be a real physical presence. Couple that with the fact that he's quite pacey and seems to have a good touch and he's a tremendous prospect. Still not there yet, has some flaws of course but at his age he's well worth the punt.

Depends how much. Can't see Ajax giving him away.

True, anyone have any idea what sort of price is being mooted for him?

If Sam has some decent money to spend though I'd expect we'll see us looking at a center forward. It's possible he'll be expected to wheel and deal this summer while Ashley reviews things, in which case Shola will suffice while we aqcuire defenders and maybe another midfielder. But Shola, while decent IMO, is never going to be top class and capable of regularly starting in a team aiming to be in the Top 4, while Viduka is only gonna be around a couple of years.

So we're going to be on the lookout for a top center forward, and if there's money to be spent I'd like to see some spent there, and Babel would be a nice candidate.

Nice goal that, fair play to ye.

Reckon Krul is better than this chancer in goals for The Dutch.

Nugent's done nowt yet again.

Very overated imo, from what i saw of him in the tournment

then again, Milner has been by far Englands worst player.

Milner's overrated too though :cheesy:

It's shocking how many want Milner to be an automatic first choice next season. I think some of the heat has to be taken off him and he needs to be brought along a bit slower.

He has the talent bu tit needs to be nurtured. He isn't good enough to play every game yet. He'll eventually get there though, if handled correctly.

What a f****** idiot Taylor is man.

To think some on here want him to be our next captain :D

f****** hell, i knew a comment like that was coming.

The truth?

Kneejerk or what, makes a mistake in a game and this means he has no right to be mentioned about captaincy.

No kneejerk at all.  Taylor's average man, get over it.

Got to give some credit to Lita tbh, to be scoring after the pen miss and that one in the Italy game. Not his problem whether the keeper should have saved it or not.

Got to give some credit to Lita tbh, to be scoring after the pen miss and that one in the Italy game. Not his problem whether the keeper should have saved it or not.

I like him. He's got guts. Just keeps playing hard irregardless of how things are going for him.

When England got that penalty everyone else looked away and he was the only one who stepped up with any confidence. He just overdid it a bit going for the corner. I'm pulling for him to get the top scorer he deserves it.

A goal is a goal and he seems to be on fire right now, should have lots more to his name with some shocking misses but at least he is getting in there to have the opportunities in the first place though..

Lita is shite.

He's got some easy goals in this competition.

Why hasn't Nugent?

Because he's about the same level but lacks the effort and physical presence of Lita.