European U21 Championship

Guest SwissMagpie

Well that were a pile of wank. Showed such promise early on.

I missed a chunk of the second half... can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind the farcical decision that was taking Milner and Richardson off?

Well that were a pile of wank. Showed such promise early on.

I missed a chunk of the second half... can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind the farcical decision that was taking Milner and Richardson off?

Milner looked fucked to be fair. Richardson is shit.

Routledge did nowt, like.

Niggly, frustrating game which the opposition and the ref didn't help. They were very well organised and we lacked creativity.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

ffs what is it with england teams, play with no brains whatsoever.

reflection of english society tbh

I don't rate Richardson too highly, but he's one of those high-paced, high-tempo players who has the potential to randomly pop something up out of nothing. And was that even a 4-4-2 we were playing there, if not, what was the point in Lita?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/krul-save.jpg

... you should have a bigger sig and post even more often tbh.

Edit: :lol:, Dave?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/krul-save.jpg

... you should have a bigger sig and post even more often tbh.

Edit: :lol:, Dave?

Oh sod off!! ;)

Cheers Dave! It wasn´t bigger than some I´ve seen tbh.. Maybe yous should treat yourself to a decent sized monitor.. ;)

I didn't see the game...how did Nedum Onuoha play? Verdict on Pearce? :tard:

Onuoha did well, and Pearce seemed to have things well organised.

I quite enjoyed the game. It was close, but we should have got it because we had the better of the chances.

I get confused and annoyed when players seem to get into debates on the pitch about who should take a penalty. That ought to be decided beforehand by the coach. It just sounded like Lita took it this time because he wanted it the most. He had something to prove but he looked nervous and scuffed the shot.

I was impressed by Baines and Hoyte. What a pity Reo-Coker can't shoot, but he's such a powerful runner. If I were Allardyce, I'd be tempted to put it an offer.

Richardson played like a berk throughout. He needs to grow up.

Miss the first 20 minutes and the last 10

Scott Carson - A pair of assured hands - 8

Justin Hoyte - Goes forward well - 7

Nedum Onuoha - Uncomfortable at times - 6

Gary Cahill - No nonsense - 7

Leighton Baines - Goes forward well but defensively shaky - 6

Kieran Richardson - Inconsistent, greedy and selfish, but audacious - 5

Nigel Reo-Coker - Great engine, but wayward shootings - 8

Tom huddlestone - A gentle giant, teddy bear Michael Carrick, not really useful - 6

James Milner - Some good crosses - 7

Ashley Young - Dissapointing considering his last game - 6

David Nugent - Wastes many changes - 7

Wayne Routledge - 6 - Quiet

Stuart Pearce - 8 - Got his tactics right and got his soldiers playing a high tempo English game. Would have prefered him to partner Reo Coker and someone else in the middle but in overall decent performance from the U21

Guest kmdnufc

You must have seen a different match to me! Got the tactics right? High tempo? I nearly fell asleep, that's how boring it was, and the Czechs got the best chances overall..

Too right.

Miss the first 20 minutes and the last 10

Scott Carson - A pair of assured hands - 8

Justin Hoyte - Goes forward well - 7

Nedum Onuoha - Uncomfortable at times - 6

Gary Cahill - No nonsense - 7

Leighton Baines - Goes forward well but defensively shaky - 6

Kieran Richardson - Inconsistent, greedy and selfish, but audacious - 5

Nigel Reo-Coker - Great engine, but wayward shootings - 8

Tom huddlestone - A gentle giant, teddy bear Michael Carrick, not really useful - 6

James Milner - Some good crosses - 7

Ashley Young - Dissapointing considering his last game - 6

David Nugent - Wastes many changes - 7

Wayne Routledge - 6 - Quiet

Stuart Pearce - 8 - Got his tactics right and got his soldiers playing a high tempo English game. Would have prefered him to partner Reo Coker and someone else in the middle but in overall decent performance from the U21

Utter nonsense to be perfectly honest. Baines was one of very few players who impressed me. And, the initial tactics were good, but we lost all shape and any glimmer of a breakthrough in the second half, especially with the departure of Milner and the introduction of some weird, mis-shapen 4-4-2 formation.

Utter nonsense to be perfectly honest. Baines was one of very few players who impressed me. And, the initial tactics were good, but we lost all shape and any glimmer of a breakthrough in the second half, especially with the departure of Milner and the introduction of some weird, mis-shapen 4-4-2 formation.

If you are perfectly honest, then you are really perfectly blind. Leighton Baines had a bad game defensively. How he impressed you I don't know, just like how Ramage impressed you I don't know.

And this is the first time I heard that England playing 442 is a weird and mishapen. Many Kudos to you for your audacity to go against the general opinions that England should always play 442 :clap:

Aye, he got beaten a couple of times, granted.  But i thought he went in strong in a couple of 50-50s and on the whole put in a good performance. His forward play wasn't good, it was very good. And if we're going to be playing 4-5-1/3-5-2, then we're going to need good attacking wing-backs who can whip in a cross. His first half performance was the epitomy of that. Unfortunately, it appeared that none of the attackers had any positional sense within the box whatsoever.

You can't blame him for being 'out of position'. Did anyone have a clue where they were meant to be in the second half? And like i say, the defensive tandom throughout the match was non-existant. Bring back Ferdinand/Taylor.

Anyhow, great player, really like the lad. Some good defensive tutoring and he'll be a cracking player.

If you are perfectly honest, then you are really perfectly blind. Leighton Baines had a bad game defensively. How he impressed you I don't know, just like how Ramage impressed you I don't know.

And this is the first time I heard that England playing 442 is a weird and mishapen. Many Kudos to you for your audacity to go against the general opinions that England should always play 442 :clap:

Can anyone miss the point on so many levels? :lol:

First of all, Ramage impress me? Oh my Lord. I'm not even going to attempt to go into that. I think maybe once i said he'd rather stay here than Bramble. That's probably about it.

I think England should play 4-4-2, aye. But in the first half, we had a good shape and a goal seemed fairly inevitable. They just needed to get Milner and Young on the ball a bit more. In the second half, the formation was weird and mis-shapen. Young disappeared and Routledge did naff all. It was all over the place.

Very good is stretching it, but fair enough. I just didn't think he was that good. Not alone, like.

His first half performance was much better than in the second half, definitely. I won't argue that he was a bit shaky defensively.

But to say he was worse than Cahill for me, is a bit of a farce.