Wes Brown

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd rather have a proper right back like, but for a few million he would be decent for now imo. Saying that, if Big Sam keeps on going at the rate he is at the minute, we'll have plenty of time to concentrate on finding a right back if he hasn't already.

It totally defeats the purpose of buying him if we're gonna play him at rightback, especially when we can have better natural right-backs from elsewhere. If we buy him it has to be for the centreback position, while covering for rightback during emergencies.

And I believe he is more than capable of doing a good job for us at CB.

It totally defeats the purpose of buying him if we're gonna play him at rightback, especially when we can have better natural right-backs from elsewhere. If we buy him it has to be for the centreback position, while covering for rightback during emergencies.

Yup.

And besides, did no one see him against Estonia? Christ. Clumsy's not the word.

Still think, if we've got money to burn, we could get someone better.

Guest kmdnufc

:clap:

I wouldn't want him as I don't think he's that great. The other reason is that I could see Ferguson rubbing his hands at us paying 6 million-ish for a guy who probably will not play too many games next season because I've a feeling that Ferguson will want to give Jonny Evens some games after coming back from the Mackems. In fact I'd rather go for a young player like Evens (if he is any good) and recruit an older player like Thuram or Campbell who can organise the defence and show the youngsters how to defend. For me Wes Brown is just an average player and certainly not someone who will organise the defence.

Reading this thread and also the one about fullbacks for me shows that people still have the same mind set before Ashley took over. If we’ve now got his financial backing then we should be looking at much better players than have been mentioned, for example in the other thread someone mentioned Geremi as a full back. We should be aiming much higher than that in my opinion.

Guest optimistic nit

he's the bramble of manu imo, and can only seem him get worse without being surrounded by vidic, ferdniand nevell and heinz. allerdyce is no sir alex either. definately a no go.

The free is apparently £5m.

A joke considering his talent, his injury record and the fact his contract runs out in 12 months time.

I'd take him for £2-3m max.

BTW, i cant see him wanting to play at RB in our team.

Guest kmdnufc

A joke considering his talent, his injury record and the fact his contract runs out in 12 months time.

The Times stated today the fee would be LESS than £5m.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

ok ok, il come out and say it, the player i know and usually give my news from man utd is darren fletcher. I also know eagles, evans, and richardson a little. When i gave the news that brown was being looked at, that came from the first name mentioned, however, since sams come in, that has apparently disappeared! if i hear anything else on this, i'll let you know

The Times stated today the fee would be LESS than £5m.

LESS?

How much less?

If it were considerably less then they'd say less than £3m or £2m etc, i expect Manu are looking North of £4m, which is LESS than £5m, but still double what he is worth due to his contract, injuries & ability.

Guest optimistic nit

not even worth 2 million. 1.5 pushing it and then that would only be to a wigan or a west ham.

Guest optimistic nit

not even worth 2 million. 1.5 pushing it and then that would only be to a wigan or a west ham.

Balls.

not so.

Guest optimistic nit

Balls.

not so.

Is.

i'm going to take the moral highground now.  :razz:

he so isn't btw

Balls.

not so.

Is.

i'm going to take the moral highground now.  :razz:

he so isn't btw

:lol:

Don't get me wrong, anyway. He's not the greatest player of all time, but he'd be a quality utility player who'd fill any holes the back line. If we could pick him up at a good price he'd be worth it, imo.

Brown is a good defender. £1.5m-£2m is laughable. How many English international defenders that play for the countries league champions and are 27 years old go for £1.5-2m? :lol:

We sold Andy O'Brien for £2m!!  bluelaugh.gif