Who would you sign now?

toptoon

Providing Ben Haim and Barton are signed and sealed, i'd realistically like to see us go for a wing-back combo of Geremi/Baines. Could potentially cost in excess of £10m, but i reckon it'd be worth it.

Joe Cole and Tevez although I doubt either would consider coming here with no European football.

good shout

Joe Cole will might have some stiff competition this year. Robben, Lampard, Ballack and maybe Malouda can all play in his position

Joe Cole and Tevez although I doubt either would consider coming here with no European football.

Why's that? Just wondering. Would be interesting to find out where you'd play him... presumably you'd have the idea of selling someone first?

Guest kmdnufc

Micah Ricards is well out of our league at the moment as well.

Would have been two months ago, but if Manchester City don't complete their takeover, Richards is well within our grasp if we wanted him.

But, Chelsea offered around £16 million for Richards and City turned him down. I think we should try and hijack Villa's attempt to sign Luke Young or go for Wes Brown. Carr's time is up, we've got to get rid of him. I'd also like to see us seal a deal for Baines for around £6 million, who we've been linked to a lot.

Why's that? Just wondering. Would be interesting to find out where you'd play him... presumably you'd have the idea of selling someone first?

He'd be my attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3 formation with 2 of Butt, Barton and Emre just behind him, if he stayed fit he'd easily get into double figures in a season and has the potential to create just as many IMO.

Viduka, Tevez and Martins up front.

Providing Ben Haim and Barton are signed and sealed, i'd realistically like to see us go for a wing-back combo of Geremi/Baines. Could potentially cost in excess of £10m, but i reckon it'd be worth it.

My thoughts too. I'd like one of Baines/Shorey/Boko (Think he's the Ivory Coast LB?) here along with Geremi as a cert at right back.

Geremi is such a good player and has wasted his talent a bit at Chelsea IMO. Great strength, skill and versatility.

Waste if he goes back to the Boro.

Regardless of who we do actually pursue I reckon Sam will realise he's desperately short at full back and I hope he sorts this next.

He'd be my attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3 formation with 2 of Butt, Barton and Emre just behind him, if he stayed fit he'd easily get into double figures in a season and has the potential to create just as many IMO.

Interesting!

But what about Shola?  :cheesy:

None of the top 4 are in for Richards, but if anyone outside the top 4 bids for him then Chelsea will be straight in for him.

Wait for Chelsea to sign Daniel Alves or another expensive RB. Once they do, go straight in for Richards. Cant see Roman sanctioning his purchase then. We'll have to be worried about Manu doing a Rooney though.

I think Geremi is a good reasonably priced shout, doesn't look like Sam has made any enquiries though (based on press alone).

Think you are right Ian. Shame as he has all the attributes of a Sam type signing.

I can't think of anyone (that we can realistically get) that I'd rather have at right back TBH.

None of the top 4 are in for Richards, but if anyone outside the top 4 bids for him then Chelsea will be straight in for him.

Wait for Chelsea to sign Daniel Alves or another expensive RB. Once they do, go straight in for Richards. Cant see Roman sanctioning his purchase then. We'll have to be worried about Manu doing a Rooney though.

Would Man City sell to Man Utd though?

Also I doubt they have much left to spend after what they've shelled out already, enough for a striker if one comes available and that's it.

Guest kmdnufc

Would Man City sell to Man Utd though?

Also I doubt they have much left to spend after what they've shelled out already, enough for a striker if one comes available and that's it.

They wouldn't be too happy to. Arsenal are also interested in Richards and apparently Richards likes the idea of going to Arsenal

Guest kmdnufc

What happens to their club captain Neville if they sign Richards? They're hardly gonna put him at CB in place of Ferdinand or Vidic.

Neville is 32. Man Utd would probably loan him out or put him on the bench until Neville is not good enough.

1. Ben Haim (free)

2. Baines (£8m)

3. Ujfalusi (£5m)

4. Tuncay (free)

5. Duscher (free)

6. Trabelsi (free)

7. Kim Kallstrom/ sneijder (£10m)

8. Hoyte (£4m?)

Lining them up like this:

...................Given........................

ujfalusi..Taylor..Ben Haim..Baines

...................Duscher....................

............Barton.....Emre................

......Owen...................Martins......

...................Viduka......................

Or 4-4-2 like this:

...................Duscher....................

Milner...........Barton............Tuncay

............Owen.......Viduka...............

or

Milner...........Barton...........Tuncay

...................Kallstrom...................

..............Martins...Viduka..............

Guest optimistic nit

Looking at the alleged £40m budget,, add another £7m from selling Parker, and £15m for Richards is easily affordable. Wouldn't be that much either if City are desperate to sell.

we don't know whether that 40million included the sale of parker though. also we'll spend 5.5 of that on barton, if it doesn't go into the 40mill.

Guest kmdnufc

I don't think Baines will cost more than £6 million.

We shall see...

That was a guessed figure btw.

I've mainly heard £6 million for Baines

I still think Rozenhal will be a good signing for £3.3 million.

Well... given that so far we have only signed Viduka and Barton, I would try to add from these...

Ben Haim - Free

Daniel Roznental - £3.5mil

Leighton Baines - £5mil

Nicky Shorey - £5mil

David Bently - £5mil

Ingimarsson - £3mil

Sol Campbell - £4mil

Wayne Bridge - £5mil

Glen Johnsen - £4mil

Sammi Hypia - £0.5mil

Wes Brown - £4mil

Gareth Barry - £5mil

Claude Makele - Free

James Harper - £3mil

Geremi - £3mil

Kevin Doyle - £3mil

Kevin Davies - £3mil

Paul Scholes - £4mil

Ryan Giggs - £4mil

From that list I would like us to get...

Paul Scholes - £4mil (probs only has 2 seasons left at best, but was the key player in Man Utds title win last season - would improve us massively)

Ryan Giggs - £4mil (another player with limited time left, but great on the ball and would again offer us something magic for 2 years)

Geremi - £3mil (versatile with midfield or defence, and we need a right back.  Good player at a good price).

Ben Haim - Free (Free and good player, worked with Sam before and delivered.)

Gareth Barry - £5mil (Surprised he's not involved with England more, great player.  Good attacking full back although he has played a lot on left midfield, I'd stick him back at left back for us)

Sol Campbell - £4mil (Strong and expericened.  Would love to see Sol with us, stupid that we didn't get him on a free end of last season).

Sami Hypia - £0.5 mil (Strong and experienced and good price, worth having)

Claude Makele - Free (Strong and experienced, free so defo worth having)

Leighton Baines - £5mil (Young and full of potential.  Strong and we need a proper first team left back)

Kevin Davies - £4mil (Ameobi isn't a target man.  When Viduka is injured we need someone who can come in and get the job done well flicking on for Martins/Owen, Davies is that man!)

That would sort us right out and it would cost us around...£29.5 mil.  Worth it imo.