Who would you sign now?

toptoon

Guest Moe-Ali

Abidal.

i would sign the french international left back, because personally i think he is one of the best and most under-rated defenders in the world.

had a really good world cup aswell

Shame he's just signed for Barcelona for £16m really then.

Oh ic

Abidal.

i would sign the french international left back, because personally i think he is one of the best and most under-rated defenders in the world.

Oh ic

"I see", mate. Must take you a total of about 1 and a half seconds to write out properly.

Obviously we don't know what formation Sam's going to play as yet, we know he's favoured 4-5-1/4-3-3 in the recent past, (personally I hate that formation and hope we go 4-4-2 because it'll get the best out of our best players imo, those being our strikers) but if he is going to go with a central midfield 3, we definitely need one more midfelder at the very least, probably two. Beyond Emre (made of glass), Butt (getting on) and Barton (will suffer suspensions at best, jail time at worst), we've got fuck all in the middle other than out of position wingers (young Charles and Milner) and Kieron fucking Dyer.

If we get Duscher in - I don't know much about him, but he'll probably do for the competition with Butt - we still need one creative attacking midfielder, preferably one with a few goals in him. Barton's a good player and I like Emre more than most (influenced by Pro Evo fo'sho, but when he's playing well, he's superb) but we cannot rely heavily on either of them.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Freddy Adu seems to be on his way to celtic (or linked with) so he could be a very interesting signing if we could nick him. i'd imagine he's going cheap as celtic cant have much money.

Freddy Adu actually did something of note the other day in that U20 tournament. I was amazed, thought the new Pele (or whatever the fucker supposedly is) had disappeared.

Freddy Adu actually did something of note the other day in that U20 tournament. I was amazed, thought the new Pele (or whatever the fucker supposedly is) had disappeared.

He looked a good player when he was 19 & was playing against 15/16 year olds @ the U16 world cup, got his passport from a friend of Oba's.

Guest Breezer

LB - Shorey or Bridge (Shorey is still waiting for contract offer from Reading, maybe the best time to attract him?)

Freddy Adu seems to be on his way to celtic (or linked with) so he could be a very interesting signing if we could nick him. i'd imagine he's going cheap as celtic cant have much money.

That's a name I've not heard for a year or 2. I'd forgotten he even existed.

Abidal.

Oh ic

"I see", mate. Must take you a total of about 1 and a half seconds to write out properly.

who cares? why make a big deal about it? dont say its because its part of the rules as your not an admin/mod so you have no right to have a go at him

Abidal.

Oh ic

who cares? why make a big deal about it? dont say its because its part of the rules as your not an admin/mod so you have no right to have a go at him

To be honest I did think it was very slightly sad that he wasted 10 seconds or so just being a pedant. Who cares, seriously?

Abidal.

Oh ic

Fine then I will...it's part of the rules!

Abidal.

Oh ic

no problem with you saying it as you have a right to, but that other prick doesnt.

Abidal.

Oh ic

no problem with you saying it as you have a right to, but that other prick doesnt.

:lol:

Oh dear.

Abidal.

Oh ic

You need to calm down mate. Take the hint.  :thup:

Abidal.

Oh ic

You need to calm down mate. Take the hint.  :thup:

will do.  :thup:  ;)

Random prediction for who I think we'll be linked with in tomorrow's papers (or in the coming weeks)...Michael Carrick. You'll probably get one of the papers putting 2 and 2 together (Hargreaves arriving at Man Utd, Newcastle new owner, Carrick being a Geordie...). Not particularly who I'd sign (although I wouldn't sniff my nose up at him), but I bet he's linked at some stage.