Roda JC after Krul; signed new 4-year NUFC contract last week

stozo

Link

According to reports in the Dutch press, Roda JC are hoping to sign Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul on loan for next season.

The former ADO Den Haag keeper has only played once for The Magpies, impressing in a Uefa Cup win over Palermo in November.

Krul has already admitted he will be looking to leave St James' Park on loan next season in order to further his first team experience.

Now Limburgs Dagblad has reported that Roda JC hope to be first in line should Sam Allardyce give the green light for the 19-year-old to leave.

Krul is currently in his homeland preparing for the upcoming European Under 21 Championship after being included in Holland's squad.

Link

According to reports in the Dutch press, Roda JC are hoping to sign Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul on loan for next season.

The former ADO Den Haag keeper has only played once for The Magpies, impressing in a Uefa Cup win over Palermo in November.

Krul has already admitted he will be looking to leave St James' Park on loan next season in order to further his first team experience.

Now Limburgs Dagblad has reported that Roda JC hope to be first in line should Sam Allardyce give the green light for the 19-year-old to leave.

Krul is currently in his homeland preparing for the upcoming European Under 21 Championship after being included in Holland's squad.

happy with that providing there is scope to bring him back if needed

Would be a great move! Would be keen to see him stay in England and stay in the area, but he's a young lad and he's been here for two years so going home to play wouldn't cause him any harm at all.

Guest kmdnufc

I hope he goes, or goes to a Northern lower division club, anywhere, where he'll get first team football.

I hope he goes, or goes to a Northern lower division club, anywhere, where he'll get first team football.

hartlepool would have been canny,not too low a standard,local,we'd get a chance to watch his progress and they've just lost their keeper i think

Huntington, Krul and Carroll have all been linked to Hartlepool and Carlisle on loan.

Another good chance to see Sam decision making skills.

We all agree it would be good for the lad. Lets hope SA does too

This has been mentioned in another topic today as well, but alas, if I was him I would definitely prefer to play at the highest level in Holland and challenging for European football rather than play for Hartlepool in the lower regions of league 1. He will train at a much higher level too. Roda have had some really good goalkeepers in the past, including Hesp (who later played at Barcelona) and Zeljko Kalac (nowadays at AC Milan), so I presume they do ok in the goalkeeping coaching department.. Everything for me depends on whether he/we will be given assurances to get a game in..

Guest elpapi

This has been mentioned in another topic today as well, but alas, if I was him I would definitely prefer to play at the highest level in Holland and challenging for European football rather than play for Hartlepool in the lower regions of league 1. He will train at a much higher level too. Roda have had some really good goalkeepers in the past, including Hesp (who later played at Barcelona) and Zeljko Kalac (nowadays at AC Milan), so I presume they do ok in the goalkeeping coaching department.. Everything for me depends on whether he/we will be given assurances to get a game in..

Hesp is their goalkeeper coach nowadays, don't know if he's any good; but this would be a good move for Krul

Guest niina

If Krul will go on loan to Roda JC, is there some sort of agreement with them that say (with Krul is the 3rd keeper after Given and Harper) if one of the first 2 keepers (either Given or Harper) is injured, Krul can go back to NUFC to provide cover until the injured one is recover? After that, he can continue his loan in Roda JC (or other clubs).

If this kind of agreement is exist, then it's good for us and for Krul personally, because I don't want to see like this: well, Krul is gone to Roda JC for 1 year long loan, it's good for him bla bla bla, and suddenly Given is injured for several months, leaving us only with Harper and untried academy goalkeeper, while we HAVE Krul (BUT unavailable).

Guest Roland

Not sure if he will be first keeper at Roda JC. It is their 2nd goalkeeper who had left the club on a free transfer.

Guest Roland

Roda JC keeper is ok, nothing special. hard to comnpare him with Krul which I have never see play (only highlights)

If he's half as good as his debut suggested, i'd worry he'd see his future being better served there (or anywhere not NUFC) as long as Given is fit. Shay is still relatively young for a keeper.

Not that i've anything against him going out on loan, just that it'd maybe be better if it wasn't for a top-division club in his homeland.

If he's got any ambition though he will want to play in England. The dutch league isn't very high standard. I think we should definitely loan him out for a few years. Don't know if a Championship team will gamble on him at the minute. Given has plenty of years left in him yet though, so if we loan Krul out for 3 years even then i don't see a problem with it. Ideally a year in League One, a year in the Championship, then if he really impresses a year at a Premiership club. He could then come back to us with a load of matches under his belt.

I'd rather send him to the Championship, keep him in the country and experience more of the English game.

Also means we as fans can keep a better eye on him and also we'll get some random posters signing up buzzing when they realise what a talent the lad is.

Guest niina

If Krul will go on loan to Roda JC, is there some sort of agreement with them that say (with Krul is the 3rd keeper after Given and Harper) if one of the first 2 keepers (either Given or Harper) is injured, Krul can go back to NUFC to provide cover until the injured one is recover? After that, he can continue his loan in Roda JC (or other clubs).

If this kind of agreement is exist, then it's good for us and for Krul personally, because I don't want to see like this: well, Krul is gone to Roda JC for 1 year long loan, it's good for him bla bla bla, and suddenly Given is injured for several months, leaving us only with Harper and untried academy goalkeeper, while we HAVE Krul (BUT unavailable).

No one answer my question yet. Is there such an agreement, and shall we do like that?

Best regards

No one answer my question yet. Is there such an agreement, and shall we do like that?

Best regards

I dont think they'd be able to continue the loan unless there was a window open at the time.

Reregistration details would be knacked otherwise.

I'd rather send him to the Championship, keep him in the country and experience more of the English game.

Also means we as fans can keep a better eye on him and also we'll get some random posters signing up buzzing when they realise what a talent the lad is.

Problem is nobody in the Championship wants him. The highest he'll go in England is League 1. Eredivisie will be much better for him playing against teams like AZ, PSV and Ajax.

Also your last piont is rather silly that he should be kept in England so the fans can watch and prople can post on this board about him.