Tuncay apparently signs for Boro

KaKa

With Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins and Shola Ameobi at his disposal, Sam Allardyce, the Newcastle manager, has a formidable striking quartet, but the club are also monitoring Tuncay Sanli, a 25-year-old forward, who is comfortable on the left wing and is out of contract at Fenerbahçe. Sanli is also attracting the interest of Birmingham City.

Tal Ben Haim, the centre half, is also available for no fee and Allardyce will step up his pursuit of the Bolton Wanderers player once the administrative details of Joey Barton’s £5.5 million transfer from Manchester City have been attended to.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/middlesbrough/article1907109.ece

Woohoo! Emre's been doing some good work it seems!  :thup:

Another free signing if we pull this off! What a squad we would have and it seems it will almost cost us nothing!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this be true.

He can play right across the park, would be a terrific squad signing, has the passion and mentality to play for us aswell, plus being mates with Emre is a bonus.

Dont believe a word of it, but its nice to think about.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this be true.

He can play right across the park, would be a terrific squad signing, has the passion and mentality to play for us aswell, plus being mates with Emre is a bonus.

Dont believe a word of it, but its nice to think about.

Very believable in my opinion. He is good, he is versatile and he is free and he would definitely feel comfortable coming to us with his fellow countryman here already.

Us and Birmingham :lol:

5 Strikers would be ok. With the ACN coming up, Owen and Viduka won't last every game and although I like Shola I still wouldn't turn my nose up at someone better. Plus as said he can play on the left wing which we might well need!

Anyone else slightly concerned that, according to The Times, we're battling Birmingham City for this world-class superstar who just so happens to be available for nothing? If he's that good/highly rated, what haven't the cream of Europe tied him up?

Perhaps he's just a good player, rather than the footballing god he's made out to be? Just a hunch.  :rolleyes:

I thought this bloke was playing in Spain, the Turk everyone raved about, but he never has. Who am I thinking of?

Nihat?

Sanli is the one who scored the hat-trick against Man U in the champions league a few years back. He has always been at Fenerbache.

edit: Damn I was slow on that one  :blush:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I thought this bloke was playing in Spain, the Turk everyone raved about, but he never has. Who am I thinking of?

]

Nihat

Guest TheOrder

Nihat?

Aye, Nihat Kahveci. Really good striker.

Nihat?

He was a good striker, his knee's are completely fucked now though.

Nihat?

He signed for Villarreal last summer from Sociedad didn't he?

Guest TheOrder

Nihat?

He was a good striker, his knee's are completely fucked now though.

I was going to mention his knees like, but wasnt sure how he's coped recently.