Cash in on Martins?

womblemaster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think he looked pressured towards the end of the season when he stopped scoring. You could see loads of frustration in his face, his expressions gave off the look of a man trying too hard.

He will improve next season, i'm confident of that.

I think he looked pressured towards the end of the season when he stopped scoring. You could see loads of frustration in his face, his expressions gave off the look of a man trying too hard.

He is drama queen when he doesn't score

Guest BooBoo

Every time I see a post like this I wonder if some folk would like him better if he was called Billy Martin and he was from Wallsend?

I think the answer is kind of obvious. :coolsmiley:

Dont be daft.

Martins lacks consistency, but he's only 21 ffs.

If we give up on him at that age we want shooting.

Last season was decent for him, this season under a manager who knows what he is doing, and with hopefully a great setup behind the scenes they can bring him on in a re-shuffled squad which is winning games and playing decent football.

People are so quick to jump on our youth, its frightening.

Unfortunately, before people slate him, they forget these factors:

/ He is 22 years old.

/ He has played in Italy virtually all of his career, never in England.

/ He is from Milan, a very different place climate-wise and lifestyle-wise compared to Newcastle.

/ He is from Serie A, a very different style of football compared to the Premier League.

/ He had only one proper friend when he first came here.

/ He has never been a first choice player, never mind forced to play up to and over 40 matches in a season.

/ He had never scored more than 13 goals in a single season.

/ He had the burden of the number 9 shirt to live up to.

/ He had the burden of a £10m fee to live up to.

/ He never had 100% of the fans on his side, which he deserved.

/ He was playing in a monumentally shite team.

/ He was playing under a monumentally shite manager.

/ He never had a particularly good or consistent strike partner.

EDIT:  / His mother was severely ill at one stage back home in Nigeria.

Under the circumstances, i think the lad deserves credit. And i seriously, seriously hope he is given atleast another year to show (confirm) that he can be a very important player for us.

Unfortunately, before people slate him, they forget these factors:

/ He is 22 years old.

/ He has played in Italy virtually all of his career, never in England.

/ He is from Milan, a very different place climate-wise and lifestyle-wise compared to Newcastle.

/ He is from Serie A, a very different style of football compared to the Premier League.

/ He has never been a first choice player, never mind forced to play up to and over 40 matches in a season.

/ He had never scored more than 13 goals in a single season.

/ He had the burden of the number 9 shirt to live up to.

/ He had the burden of a £10m fee to live up to.

/ He never had 100% of the fans on his side, which he deserved.

/ He was playing in a monumentally shite team.

/ He was playing under a monumentally shite manager.

/ He never had a particularly good or consistent strike partner.

Under the circumstances, i think the lad deserves credit. And i seriously, seriously hope he is given atleast another year to show (confirm) that he can be a very important player for us.

Not like he hasn't had much to deal with in his 1st season is there?

I really don't see the logic in selling him unless we got silly money for him. He can improve a lot. He's scored 17 goals and he hasn't even played very well in a lot of the games. If he finds consistency, and improves a bit more then he definitely has the ability to break the 20 goal mark.

Guest kmdnufc

What a loser.  :lol:

Fool.

I'm not the one getting whooshed now am I?

Just imagine how hard it was for him. Moving from your home in Nigeria at the age of 16 and everyone you know behind you. Settling down at Reggina to go to Inter Milan and playing 3rd/4th choice. Then, again leaving the people you know to another new country! He made friends with a fellow muslim Emre who I now believe he is roommate with. You have to consider what is going on off the pitch and in my opinion he has had the toughest season off the pitch and one of the best on it. 

He had only one proper friend when he first came here.

How do you know this?

At Newcastle we had Baba who he may know from the Nigerian team & he knows Emre from Inter. Yak lives down the road. Newcastle has large & increasing Nigerian population most working in the "FRESHEN UP TRADE" in a city centre bar bog. I saw Oba walking through Eldon Sq not long after signed & was with group of at least 8 people.

Guest kmdnufc

How do you know this?

At Newcastle we had Baba who he may know from the Nigerian team & he knows Emre from Inter. Yak lives down the road. Newcastle has large & increasing Nigerian population most working in the "FRESHEN UP TRADE" in a city centre bar bog. I saw Oba walking through Eldon Sq not long after signed & was with group of at least 8 people.

At the club he became very good friends with Emre probably because they had known each other for 3 years, same religion etc.

The Baba link was probably there, dunno  about Yak.

What a loser.  :lol:

Fool.

I'm not the one getting whooshed now am I?

Just imagine how hard it was for him. Moving from your home in Nigeria at the age of 16 and everyone you know behind you. Settling down at Reggina to go to Inter Milan and playing 3rd/4th choice. Then, again leaving the people you know to another new country! He made friends with a fellow muslim Emre who I now believe he is roommate with. You have to consider what is going on off the pitch and in my opinion he has had the toughest season off the pitch and one of the best on it. 

He was taking the piss mate.

How do you know this?

At the club he became very good friends with Emre probably because they had known each other for 3 years, same religion etc.

Isn't Emre a Muslim and Martins a Christian?

Anyway, point still being Shak was joking, and you still aint picked up on that yet.

Guest kmdnufc

Well I know that now.

I've read he's a muslim, but I suppose you'd have to ask him to know 100%.

For one, West Ham won't let Ashton go, they don't have to, they've got oodles of cash and are happy spending it. Anyway, the longer he's been out the more his value seems to go up - should be the other way around to me.

For two, with the will he/won't he Owen saga showing no immediate sign of being sorted, I don't think we can afford to let Martins go at least until little Michael deems us worthy of letting us know what his plans are.

For three, 'IF' wor Mickey stays then we've got a fair few canny options for the forward line, time to concentrate on getting the defense strengthened. (which we're all alot more confident of happening this time around)

Guest Breezer

Unless we buy a new striker e.g. Ashton, Bent, Anelka etc we have no need to sell any of our strikers, esepicially when Owen still might leave us.

Guest kmdnufc

How do you know this?

Isn't Emre a Muslim and Martins a Christian?

Anyway, point still being Shak was joking, and you still aint picked up on that yet.

Yeah yeah I get it now, I just thought it was an unfair comment, but I understand it's a joke.

I could understand selling Martins IF Owens was definitely staying, or IF we had another striker lined up to come in and get 17 goals next season. One that could play alongside Viduka which rules out Ashton IMO. As it is, I think Martins or Owen will link very well with Viduka so it's madness to look to sell at this time.

Who, apart from Alan oliver would even contemplate it?

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

He's still very young and will almost certainly improve... There is no way we shld get rid!! There was too much pressure on him last season, next season i think he is gonna be on fire, the lad has pure class!