Big Sam "I cant stop Owen Leaving"

Decky

Maybe he has? Perhaps he's already told Allardyce that he's happy to stay, but if one of the big four do offer the £9m, he will go.

Its time to turn the tables on Owen and let him know what its like to not feel wanted.

I would love Sam to come out and say "Owen is for Sale - all offers welcome" because Owen is sitting there on our millions taking the piss out of us

I have to admit I am starting to turn on Owen now... I have had enough of the lack of affection he appears to have for the club.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Just been on SSN that if a club bids £9million that Sam cant stop Owen going. It sounds like Owen said if a club bids that money for him he will consider leaving.

If the club has leaked that it sounds like a "please buy him" plea

Just been on SSN that if a club bids £9million that Sam cant stop Owen going. It sounds like Owen said if a club bids that money for him he will consider leaving.

If the club has leaked that it sounds like a "please buy him" plea

And if no one comes in for him leave him on the bench.

Money down the drain maybe, unrealistic totally,  but he needs to know the meaning of commitment to this club...

Jeez. I must admit my attitude to him has changed in just a few days.

I am desperate for him to be part of our set up next season but the longer this drags on, the more it is going to hinder our preparations for the new season. Come the first day of training, everyone there needs to be part of the squad come August the 14th or whevener it is.

Given the fact he's a free agent in just 18 months time, I think getting £9m for an injury-prone player who doesn't want to play for you represents canny business actually. Tin hat on.

Anyone familiar with straight line depreciation??

Said it before, offer him a 2 year extension now - if he has to even think about the decision, sell him to whoever bids £9m.

Guest SwissMagpie

I had enough with owen!

Go to the media and tell what is your plan?! you want to stay or go?.

Sell him and buy Darren Bent

Owens agent represents the player & when at the time one of the top marksmen in the games joins a mid table team of course he is going to get clauses in. From reading bits & pieces the clause seems to have been activated by us not qualifying for Europe, which we may have done if Owen was not broke all season due to an injury he got playing for England.  The value  in the clause drops by 25% each season once activated.  It would be nice to think if Owen gave us that season he owes us & we qualify for Europe & the clause deactivated but I doubt we got that in.

I'd like him to stay if he's committed to the NUFC cause but if he isn't we'd be better off selling him now for £9 million rather than getting a lot less in six months to a years time. If the 'big' clubs don't come in for him in the Summer at least he'll be trying hard for NUFC for the first half of the season. He'll be hoping to impress a 'big' club enough to bid for him in the Winter transfer window.

If he does go, it would be nice if a similar situation to what happened to him at Liverpool occurred i.e. Left Liverpool for Real Madrid, Liverpool win the Champions League.

one point worth considering is this:

pre-ashley the very thought of the existence of an owen clause and that it might be exercised would have been a borderline catastrophe for the club, financially and in terms of morale generally around the club (think back to the end of the season and how depressed everyone was about the future, and that was with owen STAYING!!)

now, regardless of anything else we know one thing; that ashley can afford to take a 6m hit on the owen money and also splash out on an equivalent replacement should owen go

with that in mind i say fuck owen, let him run back to his liverpool slums and sit on benitez's bench 'cause lets face it i'd think the only reason anyone would gamble on his fitness/form right now would be liverpool 'cause of the romance factor

Guest sittingontheball

Full marks to SA for telling us the truth. Owen's agent will have made sure that all of the clubs he's interested in know about it already. All this announcement has done is put the fans in the picture and put pressure on Owen to commit or leave.

The sooner SA knows what Owen will do, the sooner he can plan his team. That's what really matters.

Would he really be a massive loss? It is like he needs everything laid on a plate for him, you want your strikers to be able to come up with a moment of individual magic the odd time. But then again it would be very interesting to see him & Viduka together.

I am surprised anyone on this board wants to keep Owen. Martins nearly scored 20 goals for us last season and wants to be at the club, if Owen wants better then get rid asap I say. He obviously thinks he is better than the club and we need to get rid of players who are here just to pick up his wages. for £9m I would snatch anybodies hand off with or without a release clause. makes me think that Big Sam wants rid also or he would not have gone public about the clause.

The sooner the better as far as I am concerned and good riddance. If he manages to take Dyer with him then it will have been the perfect clearout over this summer.

I am surprised anyone on this board wants to keep Owen. Martins nearly scored 20 goals for us last season and wants to be at the club, if Owen wants better then get rid asap I say. He obviously thinks he is better than the club and we need to get rid of players who are here just to pick up his wages. for £9m I would snatch anybodies hand off with or without a release clause. makes me think that Big Sam wants rid also or he would not have gone public about the clause.

The sooner the better as far as I am concerned and good riddance. If he manages to take Dyer with him then it will have been the perfect clearout over this summer.

i concur, especially about dyer...i wonder if during ashleys review of the club they make it to dyer? 

if they do i'm betting the word "twat" comes up pretty quick, closely followed by "how much!!??" and "why?"

Guest Magpiecn

I wont be happy or sad if owen leaves.What annoys me most is he still doesnt tell the fans what he wants .He should tell his thougts to Sam before August,even July.We should have enough time to think about what players we need and not just wait for owen's thoughts.As many said, the sooner he say,the better.

Guest Knightrider

I don't think SA rates Owen that highly, didn't he drop him for his own England XI which he picked for the WC? That could have been because of his fitness problems mind. Anyway, get shot of the prick.

Guest Sniffer

I wouldn't be certain about martin's loyalty dman.  Is anybody absolutely 100% sure that martins wouldn't agitate for a move if a "  big " club comes in for him? I'm not.

9 million is still a lot of money, and the big 4 can honestly do a lot better.  If you were Wenger would you risk 9 million on a player who hasn't played for a season and may be well past his best, or would you look at any of the up and coming talent across Europe? 

The only clubs I can see activating the clause are West Ham or Villa, and if Owen wants to go there then good luck to him.  Spurs won't pay his wages, so that rules them out. 

Maybe an Italian or Spanish club?

Guest BooBoo

The straight swap for Bellamy idea will probably be suitable for all parties. I'm sure Craig and Joey will get on just fine.  :frantic:

I'm fed up with all the talk of Owen leaving, he should just sling his hook and stop messing NUFC around.

Guest eyeball_tickler

im sure ill be slaughtered for this but im going to wait till he says he wants to leave or is going to leave before i start calling him worse than shit. he's done nothing wrong in my eyes and the way he's talked about on here is pathetic. so what if he hasnt stated publicly that he's going to stay, lampard, terry and henry all declared their loyalty to their clubs recently but are all leaving this summer "apparently" because its more newsworthy. its also not possible to call him greedy as it would be idiotic to reject the money WE offered him so thats our fault, not his.

Owens agent represents the player & when at the time one of the top marksmen in the games joins a mid table team of course he is going to get clauses in. From reading bits & pieces the clause seems to have been activated by us not qualifying for Europe, which we may have done if Owen was not broke all season due to an injury he got playing for England.  The value  in the clause drops by 25% each season once activated.  It would be nice to think if Owen gave us that season he owes us & we qualify for Europe & the clause deactivated but I doubt we got that in.

Aye I have believed this to be the case for awhile now which shows FS decision to be more understandeable.

He's not as easy to shift as he'd like. Chelsea and Liverpool play quite directly and prefer to play a 433, a formation not suited to Michael Owen. Arsenal may become a viable option if Henry leaves. Manure have already spent a fortune, do they have room for the £14 million or so that Owen would cost in a year?

He's obviously been trying to move to one of these clubs. Our best bet is him going abroad again.

Atleast know the fans know the situation and I for one hope he leaves. As an asset he's unreliable and wants a move and value is depreciating by the second.

SELL. SELL. SELL.