Souness: Magpies have Problems

Guest johnson293

Guest johnson293

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=471120&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Souness:+Magpies+have+problems&channel=football_home&

Graeme Souness admits he never enjoyed his time at St James' Park, claiming Newcastle United are a club with 'big problems'.

The former Scotland international spent 18 months in charge on Tyneside before being dismissed in February 2006.

Sam Allardyce has now taken on the job in the North East and Souness has warned the ex-Bolton boss of the perils which lie ahead.

"Sam has never managed a big club before and this is his opportunity to be successful," Souness told Sportsweek on Radio Five Live.

"You wake up in the morning when you manage a big club and you look to get through the day with the fewest problems.

"I didn't enjoy my time up there. It's not the pressure of expectation. I have worked at bigger clubs than Newcastle and expectation you can live with.

"It is everything else you have to put up with. It is a very difficult job."

Souness also revealed that prospective Newcastle owner Mike Ashley must be ready to dig deep to finance any push for UEFA Champions League qualification.

He added: "(Ashley) is obviously a very wealthy individual, but success will depend on how much money he is prepared to spend.

"During my time at Newcastle and Glenn Roeder's time we had money to spend, but it was to tart the team up, not to build a team.

"It will need big money to bridge that gap into the top four because it is an enormous gap. The top four are so far away from everyone else at the moment.

"It's a very, very difficult job. This is a big football club with big problems."

He never mentioned 'Lady Luck' once!!!  :D

He's trying it on with that crap, we were 5th the season before he took over and I can still remember his saying how good the squad was that he took over and spent almost £50 million on.

Guest Geordiesned

"During my time at Newcastle and Glenn Roeder's time we had money to spend, but it was to tart the team up, not to build a team."

Lost for words.

Aye. So Boumsong and Luque were "tarting the team up" were they? What a complete muppet!

Guest johnson293

our only problem was, that we had a shitty manager called Souness...

Agree - much like Roeder, too quick to blame everyone and everything but themselves for the poor results/form, etc.

"It will need big money to bridge that gap into the top four because it is an enormous gap. The top four are so far away from everyone else at the moment.

"It's a very, very difficult job. This is a big football club with big problems."

Hysterical, 1 place to make up before he got his hands on the team, how come nobody ever questions this sort of shite when they do an interview?

The big problems we have today are much bigger than the ones he inherited, the bloke is a joke.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=471120&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Souness:+Magpies+have+problems&channel=football_home&

Graeme Souness admits he never enjoyed his time at St James' Park, claiming Newcastle United are a club with 'big problems'.

The former Scotland international spent 18 months in charge on Tyneside before being dismissed in February 2006.

Sam Allardyce has now taken on the job in the North East and Souness has warned the ex-Bolton boss of the perils which lie ahead.

"Sam has never managed a big club before and this is his opportunity to be successful," Souness told Sportsweek on Radio Five Live.

"You wake up in the morning when you manage a big club and you look to get through the day with the fewest problems.

"I didn't enjoy my time up there. It's not the pressure of expectation. I have worked at bigger clubs than Newcastle and expectation you can live with.

"It is everything else you have to put up with. It is a very difficult job."

Souness also revealed that prospective Newcastle owner Mike Ashley must be ready to dig deep to finance any push for UEFA Champions League qualification.

He added: "(Ashley) is obviously a very wealthy individual, but success will depend on how much money he is prepared to spend.

"During my time at Newcastle and Glenn Roeder's time we had money to spend, but it was to tart the team up, not to build a team.

He never mentioned 'Lady Luck' once!!!  :D

it was 4 points when he came and he was given 50m quid to get them.

Silly twat

Hysterical, 1 place to make up before he got his hands on the team, how come nobody ever questions this sort of shite when they do an interview?

The big problems we have today are much bigger than the ones he inherited, the bloke is a joke.

On some occasions, I do agree with you, and this is obviously one of them. I also wish some of these people would give him a grilling when he spouts such shite, particularly when he's on sky tv.

He didn't enjoy his stay here ? The feeling is mutual and multiplied by 100

its just bitterness on his part man.

the fact that we look like we are going places and he thinks that he is a better manager than Allardyce who has been given the job and got the support of the fans, something he did not.

And I also suspect he's saying this because the shite that he signed for us and the dismal football he had us playing has fucked his chances of ever getting another job within football.

So he's come out saying this to draw attention to himself in the hope that someone will take him on as manager, which will never happen in a million years because he's a cunt so he should go back into the drain in which he crawled out of.

its just bitterness on his part man.

the fact that we look like we are going places and he thinks that he is a better manager than Allardyce who has been given the job and got the support of the fans, something he did not.

And I also suspect he's saying this because the shite that he signed for us and the dismal football he had us playing has fucked his chances of ever getting another job within football.

So he's come out saying this to draw attention to himself in the hope that someone will take him on as manager, which will never happen in a million years because he's a cunt so he should go back into the drain in which he crawled out of.

spot on

The man is an utter cartoon.

Me thinks he is seeing the total positiveness coming out of the area at the minute and is embarassed that he couldnt come anywhere near being able to achieve it.

I now think we should re-sign Bellamy and Robert in a blaze of publicity just to piss him off

The bloke's a fucking arsehole and he's shit at his job. Tarting the team up does not equal shelling out £17m on Boumsong and Luque. That's £17,000,000.

How many decent prospects could he have picked up from here and there for £17m? That would have been building a team....

[move]He's a PRICK![/move]