Memorable Commentary

Shak

Random enough thread I suppose.

One that I'll always remember as an Irishman is from Italia 90 when Ireland knocked out Romania to reach to Last 8 of the World Cup in our first ever appearance. David O'Leary, of all people, scored the decisive penalty.

George Hamilton's commentary as O'Leary stepped up.

"The nation holds its breath...... YES WE'RE THERE!!"

Still sends a tingle down my spine typing it like. Sadly enough I can actaully reel off about three or four sentences of what he said before and after that bit, but that's the part that stands out.

Another one is Albert's lob against Man U in the 5-0, always remembered that.

Conversely, the words

"Collymore closing in..."

Still make me flinch a bit, it was part of an add on Sky there a while back, still causes me discomfort.

Plenty of funny ones too.

Clive Tidlsley (sp) on ITV during the World Cup last year when Crouch scored against Trinidad & Tobago, as Crouch, in the height of his robot dance craze, ran off to celebrate

"GET READY TO DANCE!!"  :lol: :lol:

He wasn't even taking the piss.

Brian Moores commentary when Michael Thomas scored to win Arsenal the title at Anfield.We had great commentators then-my fsves of alltime are David Coleman,Brian Moore and Barry Davies.

I hated Brian Moore as a commentator, but his bit when Owen scored against Argentina was ace. Quite literally couldn't believe his eyes and you could tell.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

"your boys took one hell of a beating" my favourite.

surely the Norweigen geezer and not the mackem twat on metro when they did us 2-1...?

take a guess

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Jonathan Pearce on 5live for the 5-1 vs. Germany

"Oh, Steven Gerrard has only gone and nutmegged Dietmar Hamann.  We're knocking it around, we're toying, we're showboating with Germany!"

Pearce wants shooting tbh, the fat cunt

Brian Moores commentary when Michael Thomas scored to win Arsenal the title at Anfield.We had great commentators then-my fsves of alltime are David Coleman,Brian Moore and Barry Davies.

I hated Brian Moore as a commentator, but his bit when Owen scored against Argentina was ace. Quite literally couldn't believe his eyes and you could tell.

Similarly, I can't stand Motson, but I love his "oooh, this is getting better and better and better!" when Owen completed his hat-trick in Munich.

Jon Champion on "The Premiership", at home to Southampton when we won 3-1 in the 2001-2 season.

"Solano's over it, Robert's interested...but it's gonna have to take something special from here....it's Robeeeerrrrrrt, ohhhh, and just HOW special!"