Woodgate - I'm living the dream

Guest smoggeordie

Yeah what bwould you rather do play in the champs league or play for nufc i know for me it would be nufc

Mega difference. Shearer was one of the top 3 players in the world at the time alongside Sammer & Ronaldo. If we'd just finished 12th in 1996, do you think he'd have turned down Man Utd to sign for us? No chance.

Yeah what bwould you rather do play in the champs league or play for nufc i know for me it would be nufc

Mega difference. Shearer was one of the top 3 players in the world at the time alongside Sammer & Ronaldo. If we'd just finished 12th in 1996, do you think he'd have turned down Man Utd to sign for us? No chance.

Shearer signed for us to win things and to play in the Champions League.  Luckily / coincidentally for him, we were also his home-town club.

Guest Morph

Your shite.  You wouldn't get a game for the short bus team.

Your s****.  You wouldn't get a game for the short bus team.

Coming from Owens replacement here.  You think i was waiting for sam to read this and sign me up....jesus clue required

Guest Morph

Your s****.  You wouldn't get a game for the short bus team.

Coming from Owens replacement here.  You think i was waiting for sam to read this and sign me up....jesus clue required

Whoooooooooooosh!

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

I cant see woody staying with boro for too long... he needs a season or 2 to get his career back on track then he'll be off... I think boro really are gonna struggle next season and I'd love to see him back playing for us!! But as someone else said he's better off playing for Boro than Man U as far as we are concerned!

Who is he trying to convince with this statement, looks more like himself than anything else.

If the smogs sell Yakubu to pompey they will be in trouble next season, no doubt. That said if they manage to snare Tuncay and Castelen they wont have done to bad.

Actually think the scum might stay up this time, although there are plenty of other sides that will struggle next season, Wigan, Reading, Fulham, Derby, birmingham, Man City.

Will be an interesting year.

Guest graemeh72

Look man, he's nobbing Downings sister

thats the only reason he's at Boro

..........love smitten fool

Guest graemeh72

Well its debatable whether Woody would notice whether its a wig or not ...

.... spoending so much time in The Dickens Inn... with a load of gak up his hooter ..... maybes .... possibly

I wonder whether he'd pass one of Big Sams fitness tests?

A dream can soon turn into a nightmare if the side start struggling does he really want to be in a relegation fight when he is pushing back for an england place?

Really think he could live to regret resigning, least it shows loyalty to the side which should be applauded

Well its debatable whether Woody would notice whether its a wig or not ...

.... spoending so much time in The Dickens Inn... with a load of gak up his hooter ..... maybes .... possibly

I wonder whether he'd pass one of Big Sams fitness tests?

Gossip

Guest eyeball_tickler

the only positive thing i can say about southgate as a manager is that he replaced himself very well. other than that, he's just living off the last managers work and they will only go backwards in time.

Truth is, no big club was likely to stump up £5m for a talented player with a poor injury record. "Living the dream" probably refers to being guaranteed a a big wage on a long contract - no questions asked.

Truth is, no big club was likely to stump up £5m for a talented player with a poor injury record. "Living the dream" probably refers to being guaranteed a a big wage on a long contract - no questions asked.

He's at a good age though. If he has another season like he had last season, then he will have proven he is over his injury's.

"If" doesn't usually translate to a long term contract, except at desperate clubs prepared to sign a player at any cost.

He's at a good age though. If he has another season like he had last season, then he will have proven he is over his injury's.

Guest LucaAltieri

The cultured 27-year-old central defender is a dyed-in-the-wool Boro fan and stood on the terraces as a boy, cheering on his idols.

I'm more interested in what makes a player "cultured" exactly. Because he's travelled? I know plenty of people who've been to Magaluf but it doesn't make them cultured. Anything but.

Did those 9 games in Spain really influence his style of play enough to be defined as a "cultured" player?

...or am I just missing something?

:cheesy:

People dissing Woody, you sound like the Man Utd fans who dissed Shearer for joining us.

Rubbish. When Shearer turned down Man Utd, we were one of a very few clubs in Europe who were at theirs, and Shearer's level. Are you telling me Boro & Newcastle are Woodgate's level?

Lost about a yard of pace like, luckily he can still read the game so well.

Guest Knightrider

If he truly wants to play for his hometown club which he obviously does then fair play to him, we shouldn't be so dismissive because it's a rare thing in the modern game, players putting the enjoyment of the sport before money and honours, if more players did that the game would be far more competitive ironically and more and more players would taste success, like they did before the Premiership were the level of competition wasn't too great a distance between more than just a handful of teams at the very top. Good luck to the lad.

You reckon? I wouldn't say so from what i've seen of him over the past year. Still looks quick on his feet to me. As you said though he's got the brain. Even when he's 34 (if he's over all of his injury problems obviously) and slow he will still be an excellent defender because of how well he can read the game

Guest Knightrider

You reckon? I wouldn't say so from what i've seen of him over the past year. Still looks quick on his feet to me. As you said though he's got the brain. Even when he's 34 (if he's over all of his injury problems obviously) and slow he will still be an excellent defender because of how well he can read the game

Nah, he's lost it like, he's also less confrontational as a defender which I actually prefer, he's obviously picked that up from his time in Spain, although whether that is the best way to play in the Premiership where forwards are confrontational regardless, remains to be seen. He's a class act but whenever I saw him last season he was not the same player he was for us.