Solano and Krul sign new contracts..

Nicky

Solano only got a 1-year deal and Krul gets a 4-year deal

Link

NEWCASTLE United can confirm that both Nolberto Solano and Tim Krul have signed new contracts at St.James' Park.

Solano has been handed a new one-year deal, while Dutch stopper Krul has penned a four-year extension.

Krul is currently on international duty with Holland Under-21's at this summer's European Championships, and the 19-year-old had this to say after signing his new deal at Gallowgate.

"I signed a a four-year deal so I think that's a very good thing for me and for the club.

"Newcastle is a massive club for me and I really want to stay there so I hope my future's there.

"Shay is a fantastic goalkeeper, one of the best and Steve Harper as well. It's a hard challenge for me but in a couple of years I hope I can challenge them."

And Krul says he will be looking to gain some valuable experience by going out on loan next season, adding: "We're looking for a loan. I'm allowed to go on loan for next season so we're looking for a club now.

"We're waiting for clubs, maybe Championship, we'll have to see."

Guest Magic

Excellent news. Nobby's still a very useful player but at his age 1 year deals are very sensible. If we want him to sign another deal next offseason he's not likely to say no. As for Krul, new 4 year deal - Great! Seems to see his future at Newcastle - Excellent! Going on loan next year to get experience at a decent level - Perfect!

Guest kmdnufc

I think this one-year contract may indicate next season could be his last or penultimate.

Allardyce is definetly after another right-midfielder.

I think this one-year contract may indicate next season could be his last or penultimate.

Solano already said he will return to South America after this season.

Guest kmdnufc

Oh, when did he say that?

Next season will be his last then?

If Boca will take him; hope they do, he's a legend.

I'd like him to be released on a free in a year (or 2?) as a gesture of goodwill to make sure this actually happens.  blueyes.gif

To take up management he says. I will wish him the best of luck. Whichever team he ends up managing I will try to watch. Hopefully it will be a good enough team to regularly participate in the Copa Libertadores (South American CL) because they get loads of television coverage overhere.

I'd imagine if he does retire after this season there'll be some kind of acknowledgement like a late subbing in the last home game or something.

He'll be a fixture regardless. His ambition is to manage Peru (the national team) and a team in England... he could return one day.

As stated earlier he'll be back for Given's testimonial and don't forget Dyers'  :laugh2:  :-[

Niall Quinn got one at the scum and he didn't play anywhere near 10 years did he? It would be decent of the club to have a match for him and charge something small like a tenner a ticket and give it all to charity but i don't think it'll happen. That way everyone gets to have a good night and a load of money goes to charity. It wouldn't exactly be a non event like Rob Lee's if it was cheap enough and the likes of Shearer, Speed, Lee and Barton got a run out.

Guest Knightrider

We should make him an ambassador to act as a buffer between talent in Peru and NUFC. He's a god in Peru and we could do with finding a few more Solano's because he has been great for us and will be missed.