Solano and Krul sign new contracts..

Nicky

We should make him an ambassador to act as a buffer between talent in Peru and NUFC. He's a god in Peru and we could do with finding a few more Solano's because he has been great for us and will be missed.

I don't think we need to anyway, i think he would be the first person to encourage a player to come to Newcastle if we were after one from Peru.

We should make him an ambassador to act as a buffer between talent in Peru and NUFC. He's a god in Peru and we could do with finding a few more Solano's because he has been great for us and will be missed.

sounds like a good idea while he was playing regularly for the national team he was captain wasnt't he? Has to be well respected over there and over the years (minus the old heave hoe by sir bob) I would say he could only say good things about the club.

It's not set in stone that you must be at a club 10 years to get a testimonial is it? I always assumed that 10 years was just the point at which the club was obligated to give you one.

If it's at all possible, Nobby certainly deserves a testimonial. I would be able to fly in to be there too, since it'd be over the summer.

Guest Knightrider

I don't think we need to anyway, i think he would be the first person to encourage a player to come to Newcastle if we were after one from Peru.

It is more about creating links in Peru and setting up some kind of scouting network and relations. I'm sure he would encourage players to sign for us, but we want to a spot the talent first and b make it a regular thing and that requires a hands on approach.

Well anyway i agree we could do with Nobby's help with players from Peru in the future. He's one of the few current toon players i would definitely trust when it comes to spotting a good player. He's got a real football brain.

Guest teepee

great bit of news with both of them signing.

as for solano - i reckon we could and should get him to act as a club representative in south america as some of you suggest!

Guest Knightrider

We should do it with Shay for Ireland, Nobby for Peru, Shearer is already one. We could go a step further and appoint former greats such as Hagi to work for us in Romania, or Stoichkov for Bulgaria. It doesn't have to be someone who has links with us.

I don't think Shearer has a very big role at all anymore though. I remember either Roeder or Shepherd saying last summer that when they go to sign a new player they will just chuck Shearer in the room with them and if he can't convince them to sign for Newcastle then nobody can. Allardyce doesn't need anyone to speak for him when it comes to big players though. Obviously Solano would be useful because he would convince unknown players from Peru and tell the club about promising players.

Guest Knightrider

I don't think Shearer has a very big role at all anymore though. I remember either Roeder or Shepherd saying last summer that when they go to sign a new player they will just chuck Shearer in the room with them and if he can't convince them to sign for Newcastle then nobody can. Allardyce doesn't need anyone to speak for him when it comes to big players though. Obviously Solano would be useful because he would convince unknown players from Peru and tell the club about promising players.

With Shearer it would be wrong to get him into a room to try and sell the club to whoever, that's the manager's job and something a manager has to be able to do himself, although if it helps in certain circumstances like with Owen, I'm all for it. No, Shearer comes in handy further down the food chain at grassroots level and at brand level. He's a big name and highly respected at every level. When he is globe trotting on behalf of Umbro, he's also promoting Newcastle United because kids aren't asking him about his boots but his experiences as a footballer, and he isn't talking about boots with them but about his experiences as a footballer, most of which has came with Newcastle. You can't buy that type of marketing if you like. Word of mouth is the biggest form of advertisement and in Shearer even without trying to, he's spreading the good word Newcastle far and wide, and indeed our whole game.

Great news on both.

The Dutch keeper Krul showed against Pelermo in the Uefa Cup he has great promise for his age and Solano I thought was one of our most consistent players last season.

Big credit to Roeder for rejuvenating Solano in a new Righ-Back role, it will be interesting to see where Big Sam views Solano next season Right-Back or Right Wing.

I personally would like to see him back in his Right Wing role next season giving James Milner healthy competition and for us to buy a first choice Right Back, Nobby is far too creative to be playing so far deep and for the last 6 years he has been our main provider of assists playing Right Side.

Great news and fantastic news.

Love Nobby to pieces. Been supporting the club since 1996ish so Solano is possibly my all-time favourite player after Shearer. Quality guy, surely the cleverest midfield player we've had while being in the Premiership? Another year, and he'll still be a major player in the squad.

Spot on CHTT. But we should of tapped into his knowledge along time ago, the likes Farfan, Pizarro & Guerrero are some of the Peruvian players to come to Europe after Nobby.

Guest Guinness

Good news. Very sensible getting Krul tied down on a long term deal before he gets the chance to really impress on loan next season, he showed bags of potential in the Palermo match last season. Also good that we're keeping Nobby for another season, he's still got plenty to offer and is a very handy player to have in the squad.

Nobby for another season, he's still got plenty to offer and is a very handy player to have in the squad.

I would really like to see him in the middle of the park when we play the so called lesser teams. I am of the opinion now that the best way to beat these teams is to pass the ball round the park & to do this you need your best passers in the middle. Battlers in the middle like Butt & Parker meant we got sucked into battles, rather than trying to dictate the play.

Nobby for another season, he's still got plenty to offer and is a very handy player to have in the squad.

I would really like to see him in the middle of the park when we play the so called lesser teams. I am of the opinion now that the best way to beat these teams is to pass the ball round the park & to do this you need your best passers in the middle. Battlers in the middle like Butt & Parker meant we got sucked into battles, rather than trying to dictate the play.

Nobby's long ball play is absolutely sublime... you aree guaranteed a peach of a pass atleast once a game. However, he lost his short, quick play last season - which was why he wasn't really much good as a winger last season. Don't think he'd work in a central role. Plus, when Souness moved him into a narrow position, he was naff.

As stated earlier he'll be back for Given's testimonial and don't forget Dyers'  :laugh2:  :-[

Made me wonder, how many people would show up for Dyers? He'd be lucky to get 10k...

It would be a scandal if 100 people turned up.