Rigters signs for Blackburn

KaKa

Rigters scored again for the U21s last night, would definately be worth a look especially if Owen leaves, Owen out for £9m and Rigters in for £300,000-£1m sounds like good business for me.

Martins will only get better next year playing along side Viduka who will also score goals, with Ameobi, who is criticised heavily but still scored 5 in 13 last season before his injury and was starting to form a decent partnership with Martins.

Aye, let's sell our best striker and replace him with a Breda reject.

Thats exactly what I was thinking :lol:

There is a reason why Rigters would cost a hell of a lot less.

Rigters scored again for the U21s last night, would definately be worth a look especially if Owen leaves, Owen out for £9m and Rigters in for £300,000-£1m sounds like good business for me.

Martins will only get better next year playing along side Viduka who will also score goals, with Ameobi, who is criticised heavily but still scored 5 in 13 last season before his injury and was starting to form a decent partnership with Martins.

Aye, let's sell our best striker and replace him with a Breda reject.

Our best striker was Martins last season, Owen played a few games and looked like he couldnt be arsed

So your saying Martins is better than owen?

Owen was out a good while where as Martins had been playing regularly, don't judge Owen on a couple of games ffs.

Drenthe is a decent player, but everything went wrong for him at the end of last season. He was played at left back and scored own goals in the cup final and the play off for the champions league qualifying spot.

Guest Toon83

I'm not judging Michael Owen on a couple of games for his ability, i'm just saying he looked like he couldnt be arsed when he played the last few games, and that Martins scored all our goals last season so it wouldnt be as bad if he were to leave as we have Martins who will improve and now Viduka, to replace Owen who unless he comes out and says he is staying soon then the fans will turn on him

Bit harsh saying he looked like he couldn't be arsed, he had just come back from practically 2 years out and although wasn't as sharp as he usually is (understandable) was still looking at getting in goalscoring positions.

Babel can play as a striker, but it's not his natural position. Not sure why people on here view him as centreforward only. More of a winger.

i though he was an original centre forward converted to a left sided player in a front 3

Babel can play as a striker, but it's not his natural position. Not sure why people on here view him as centreforward only. More of a winger.

i though he was an original centre forward converted to a left sided player in a front 3

Yes.

Guest Gemmill

Martins was our best striker by default last season btw.  Same as Shola would have been our best striker if he'd been fit and Martins injured.

Guest Roland

the 300K EUR fee looks to be true. He has a release fee in his contract. His wages are quite low, he was bought while he was an amateur at a lower league side 2 years ago.

Think he will be gone after this tournament, don't think he is good enough for the PL.

Guest Deep456

Drenthe yes please. Rigters is class too. I like to watch the dutch league quite alot and Rigters is continuely a good performer as for Drenthe too.

Id be really suprised to see Big Sam go for players this young, and certainly inexperienced.  I think we have a good core of youth.

Krul, hunty, taylor, Edgar, Milner, N'Zog, Carrol, then troisi and lua lua. I guess you could even count Martins and Barton as players still rapidly learning.

We need some solid experience in the side, the only young players he might sign imo are the likes of Leighton Baines who have already played and looked good in the premiership.

I guess you never know, but I dont think we need to buy the best youth right at this moment, need to solidify a bit first. Like the big man says, he needs to buy time by getting results, and you cant win matches with 11 james milners!  ???

Guest Roland

So tomorrows game will be his most important in his career. :)

Ah well.... quite like him as a player so a transfer to a big club is good for him. Quite frustrated that we likely miss out a chance to receive a large fee for a player :(

Drenthe yes please. Rigters is class too. I like to watch the dutch league quite alot and Rigters is continuely a good performer as for Drenthe too.

How does Ritgers look playing out wide as a wide forward at Nac Breda? Is he good in this position?

Guest Deep456

How does Ritgers look playing out wide as a wide forward at Nac Breda? Is he good in this position?

He is like the startlet in the NAC BREDA side.

He is like the startlet in the NAC BREDA side.

he's like the starlet eh ? maybe we should look at the starlet instead then.

Guest Roland

our starlet? :) A decent young player which is playing the tournament of his life. Never played for the yputh national team before March 2007

If we had a starlet last season, it was Mike Zonneveld who is already sold to PSV Eindhoven.

I remember reading an article about Allardyce's transfer policy at Bolton where he bought a huge number of players that never ended up playing a game - sort of like a gamble where if you buy ten players and five work out, then you've got five good players and five to be dispensed with...

Using this, one could say that this is indeed a typical Allardyce signing - for 300k Rigters represents a relatively tiny gamble, and if he doesn't play a game all season then he can be peddled. But if he comes good, then job well done.

I think we should expect to see more targets such as this being chased - after all, we have a tiny squad and plenty of gaps to fill in both the first team and the squad...

Guest Roland

NL media: the agent of Rigters said that Celtic and an unknown club has shown their serious interest to NAC Breda and likely negotiations will start after the tournament.

Guest nufc 4 life

this is now on BBC as well and he has scores 4 goals in 5 games in the euro 2007 looks pretty damn good to me and for 500K it would be absoloutely ridiculous no to at least TRY and get him