Is our defence cursed?

BONTEMPI

With us missing out on Ben Haim (Who most people would have thought he'd join big sam) and possibly Rozenhal, what quality are we left with?

This has always been a position that has plagued us season after season, but we have still yet to achieve any stability there.

I am starting to think it will continue in that vain this season as to what quality centre backs are available? Hyphia?? There's not that many more I can think off that have the qualities we need.

I have faith in Sam to do the job, but there's always the achillies heal syndrome only we seem to suffer atthe back! I just hope

Ashley can supply us with the backing we need to get quality defenders in!

Injuries, negative media attention (main problem), lack of effort, lack of concentration, lack of proper coaching, lack of talent, fan pressure & Stephen Carr.

Its a lot to deal with.

Bringing them in has always been a problem, and i expect it to be a tough summer so when we land a Baines or equivalent, i will be delighted.

Injuries, negative media attention (main problem), lack of effort, lack of concentration, lack of proper coaching, lack of talent, fan pressure & Stephen Carr.

Its a lot to deal with.

Bringing them in has always been a problem, and i expect it to be a tough summer so when we land a Baines or equivalent, i will be delighted.

Yeah but the problem is CB

I'm trying to stay positive but also being a realist, so all the knockers that think i'm being a pessimist can go dry bum there mother!

Guest elbee909

Cursed with stupid superstitious fans, more like.

Well how can it be superstitious if it's come true year after year?

It's superstitious because you used the word 'curse'.

Show us how it's come true year after year, with particular note paid to the goals against columns compared to the Premiership winners each season...

Its a lot to deal with.

I'm trying to stay positive but also being a realist, so all the knockers that think i'm being a pessimist can go dry bum there mother!

I'd say our problems stem from the fullback positions mainly.

We were left terribly open in the centre until Butt came onto form last season and sorted that out, but most of our pressure on our CB's came to due poor defending down the flanks.

If this Sagna is as good as his fee of £6m and we also get Baines, i think the central pairing will have a much easer job next season to contend with.

Cursed with stupid superstitious fans, more like.

Well how can it be superstitious if it's come true year after year?

It's superstitious because you used the word 'curse'.

Show us how it's come true year after year, with particular note paid to the goals against columns compared to the Premiership winners each season...

Are you serious?

Sorry Our you serious? Cunt!

Its a lot to deal with.

We were left terribly open in the centre until Butt came onto form last season and sorted that out, but most of our pressure on our CB's came to due poor defending down the flanks.

If this Sagna is as good as his fee of £6m and we also get Baines, i think the central pairing will have a much easer job next season to contend with.

Yes true!

What I mean't was a leader in the CB position that could marshall the whole back line! That's what we've been missing!

Its a lot to deal with.

Yes true!

What I mean't was a leader in the CB position that could marshall the whole back line! That's what we've been missing!

Stick Sol Campbell in there and were laughing tbh.

Sagna---Campbell--Taylor---Baines

£15m (Sagna £6m, Campbell £1m, Baines £5 & Rozenhal £3m) needs to be spent at the back, if we do that we should have a good season with what we've got elswhere barring crucial injuries.