Shearer express opinion shocker - on Bellamy

bodson

I was at the lunch last Friday at St. James where he did the Q&A session and it was supposed to be a light hearted Q&A with Clare Tomlinson.  To be fair, niaevely he did say at the start he would appreciate if there were any news people in the room to take his comments as light hearted and in the appropriate context but clearly that was never going to happen.

Bizarre that this Q&A session got so much publicity, clearly its quite on the football news front at the moment as I have been at previous dinners where he says far more about the likes of Bellamy and not in a complimentary way!

Guest teepee

Odd that he's said nothing about Joey Barton, someone who is clearly a much greater liability. Almost makes you think this is purely personal.

why would he - he comments on a person he and the club knows very well, not anyone else  :rolleyes:

Guest BillyRay Valentine

Can't see how its anything to do with Shearer now.

Is Allardyce supposed to get Shearer to approve his transfer targets?

Shearer should have kept his mouth shut (on this occasion)

i concur

none of his business, not to mention a worryingly fat fred-esque bit of oar sticking. allardyce is the man now alan, so keep your opinions out of the tabs and stop rocking the bloody boat.

Sounds to me like he'd had a few beers, during that tedious interview on radio Newcastle just after he retired he managed to say complimentary things about Bellamy's playing. Naive to expect reporters to put his words in any sort of context.

Guest afternoonfix

Shearer, you didn't want the manager's job so shut the f*** up!

i knew i would find the usual shite comments above on this chatroom after reading the Shearer story ,

go on the toon .............

i knew i would find the usual shite comments above on this chatroom after reading the Shearer story ,

Like yours you mean? :razz:

Can't see how its anything to do with Shearer now.

Is Allardyce supposed to get Shearer to approve his transfer targets?

Shearer should have kept his mouth shut (on this occasion)

i concur

none of his business, not to mention a worryingly fat fred-esque bit of oar sticking. allardyce is the man now alan, so keep your opinions out of the tabs and stop rocking the bloody boat.

He's a fucking critic, he's supposed to voice his opinion.

Guest Brewcastle

I'm sure Shearer wants all the best for NUFC. And as a captain with Bellamy in the squad, I guess Shearer have seen more of Bellamy than what is told. -Sam: Forget Bellamy and give us a couple of defenders!

I don't have any problem with what Shearer has said - he knows Bellamy better than any of us on here, even those who believe (still) that Bellamy can do no wrong. Granted the lad is a good player who had a huge impact on the team and helped us progress. This is tempered by his off the field problems and also remember he lied/feigned injury when Souness was in charge. Hardly professional and putting the club first ?

Bellamy's demise at Newcastle was always going to be inevitable, as it is at Liverpool. When you have an ego the size of his, there's no room for anything else inside of his head.

I don't have any problem with what Shearer has said - he knows Bellamy better than any of us on here, even those who believe (still) that Bellamy can do no wrong. Granted the lad is a good player who had a huge impact on the team and helped us progress. This is tempered by his off the field problems and also remember he lied/feigned injury when Souness was in charge. Hardly professional and putting the club first ?

Bellamy's demise at Newcastle was always going to be inevitable, as it is at Liverpool. When you have an ego the size of his, there's no room for anything else inside of his head.

is that last sentence about bellamy or shearer?

Very droll.  :clap:

I don' doubt that Shearer has a big ego. If it was as big as Bellamy's though, he wouldn't have stayed at the club for as long as he did. And I don't remember Shearer having any off the field disciplinary problems ?

Very droll.  :clap:

I don' doubt that Shearer has a big ego. If it was as big as Bellamy's though, he wouldn't have stayed at the club for as long as he did. And I don't remember Shearer having any off the field disciplinary problems ?

i don't necessarily disagree with what shearer says, but just think that he shouldn't necessarily have said it.  While he is a critic, he's also supposed to be a fan.  I just don't see what he hopes to achieve with the statement.  It doesn't help anyone.

Guest afternoonfix

i knew i would find the usual s**** comments above on this chatroom after reading the Shearer story ,

Like yours you mean? :razz:

you're funny :celb:

Guest Invicta_Toon

so what's the perceived wisdom these days about bellamy then?

that he was fully justified in all the things he did in his time at the club such as throwing chairs at members of the coaching staff, assaulting a woman amongst other drink related indiscretions, allegedly trying to strike bobby robson before being floored by shearer, going on tv calling his manager (granted a total twat) a liar

unless i'm wrong souness was backed up by shepherd 100% in his claims that bellamy claimed to be injured before the game but bellamy denied having said it...?  so we are we believing bellamy now, if so why?

as i say there seems to have been revising of perceptions and viewpoints about bellamy and i seem to have beeen left behind so it's genuine question to all of the above

and signing Barton makes this post ridiculous tbh