Newcastle win race to sign Alan Smith - Mirror gossip

Guest sicko2ndbest

goal.com also says this story O.O

and that Bent is set to sign for Spurs for 16million :uglystupid2:

Not to bad a deal imo.

Well if you call paying more than twice the value of a player a good deal then I suppose it is.

oh i see, so Darren Bent who is only 1 of 4 players to hit 30 + goals in two seasons in the league playing for a s**** team is worth 8 million yet players like Nugent and Ashton (when he was at Norwich) with little to no premiership experience were bought for 7 million. Makes sense

:lol:

He may be bigging him up now he looks like going to Spurs but a few months ago Kingdawson didn't have a good word for him...

How desperate are those nasty spammers. 18 million for Darrent Bent is a total rip-off. Apparantly Bent didnt even want to go there anyway ;D.

according to soccerbase defoe has 14 in 36, and bent has 11 in 24. bent has a better record. sorry.

so how many games did defoe play compared to bent last season. Ill use that as the excuse then. The fact is, like i said last season, defoe will score more golas this season then darrent bent.

Fair point gazza, but my defoe, bent argument is a bit different.

that be the same darren bent that the majority of people on here were having wankathon sessions on last season going on about how he's better then defoe because of he's impressive goalscoring record in the league. well this season, defoe has took a grade A dump on Darren bent both on goals and assists.

So £18 million was a total rip off but £16 million is not a bad deal?! :lol:

You really couldn't make it up.

Six first team strikers? Martins - Awol, Owen - Who knows where he will end up, Viduka - God, Shola - Shite. Thats 4, and only one of them is garenteed to play regularly next season, even then he misses the first few weeks. Don't see peoples problem with it. Although I'm not a big fan of Smith.

Thing is our squad was nowhere near good or big enough last season, we finished 5 points above relegation and threw kids who weren't ready into the first team against the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd. Since then we've lost loads of players and brought two in.

If Butt gets injured we have noone to shore up midfield. There's a good chance we will lose either of Owen or Martins. Our squad could do with a player of his versatility and at that price, it allows us to go on improving the squad. We need at least another half a dozen players, we practically need a whole back four as it is, we've got Duff injured on the left til November at least and only three central midfielders worth the name. We need reinforcements all over and this would be a bloody good value signing. You know what you're getting with Smith and at that price I think our squad would look significantly healthier.

If Owen goes, Smith is not a remotely good enough replacement for him.

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying the only premiership class striker we will deffo have next season is Viduka.

Wed do much better to give someone like Nugent a try. Even if he turned out to be poor at Premiership level, then whats the loss? Smith has proven for consecutive seasons now that hes just that.

No pace, strength, skill/flair, creativity, movement, height - nothing. He works hard, chases the ball around like a dog after a frisbie, and has just about average technical/finishing ability. Made his name from scoring a goal against Lazio as a youngster, and has done nowt since then.

Its great that he works hard and puts in nice slide tackles, but hes a striker - thats not his job, and if he does have the ability to do that, it should be on top of having the various abilities that make a good forward (ie a bonus attribute, like it is for Tevez or Bellamy), not instead of them.

Guest Geordiesned

Nice quoting Baggio. :lol:

For the record kingdork, I think Ashton and Nugent are overpriced as well, as are all half decent strikers in the domestic market. (unless of course you've got a half wit who's drafted the contract allowing for a reduced transfer fee)

Wed do much better to give someone like Nugent a try. Even if he turned out to be poor at Premiership level, then whats the loss? Smith has proven for consecutive seasons now that hes just that.

No pace, strength, skill/flair, creativity, movement, height - nothing. He works hard, chases the ball around like a dog after a frisbie, and has just about average technical/finishing ability. Made his name from scoring a goal against Lazio as a youngster, and has done nowt since then.

Its great that he works hard and puts in nice slide tackles, but hes a striker - thats not his job, and if he does have the ability to do that, it should be on top of having the various abilities that make a good forward (ie a bonus attribute, like it is for Tevez or Bellamy), not instead of them.

The loss on Nugent would be 6 million.

offload ameobi and loan carrol

keep martins owen viduka smith

and rotate them.

fantastic.

This would be a dream come true. I still can't see Owen leaving, he'd be crucified if he did surely! and Martins said yesterday he is very happy here and wants to stay.

*prays!*

The loss on Nugent would be 6 million.

A loss of 6mill (assuming Nugent were to die in a car crash whilst uninsured) isnt that bad when compared to a loss of 4mill for Smith.

An extra 2 (or 2.5) mill loss is pretty acceptable surely, considering that Nugent is alot younger, more mobile, and if he can adapt to the Premiership, generally has more ability on the ball than Smith.

Not that I particularly want us to sign Nugent.

Guest Toonie

if owen leaves he better never show his face in the toon again. 17 million for about 10 games. that is obscene.

Guest kingdawson

goal.com also says this story O.O

and that Bent is set to sign for Spurs for 16million :uglystupid2:

Not to bad a deal imo.

Well if you call paying more than twice the value of a player a good deal then I suppose it is.

oh i see, so Darren Bent who is only 1 of 4 players to hit 30 + goals in two seasons in the league playing for a s**** team is worth 8 million yet players like Nugent and Ashton (when he was at Norwich) with little to no premiership experience were bought for 7 million. Makes sense

:lol:

He may be bigging him up now he looks like going to Spurs but a few months ago Kingdawson didn't have a good word for him...

How desperate are those nasty spammers. 18 million for Darrent Bent is a total rip-off. Apparantly Bent didnt even want to go there anyway ;D.

according to soccerbase defoe has 14 in 36, and bent has 11 in 24. bent has a better record. sorry.

so how many games did defoe play compared to bent last season. Ill use that as the excuse then. The fact is, like i said last season, defoe will score more golas this season then darrent bent.

Fair point gazza, but my defoe, bent argument is a bit different.

that be the same darren bent that the majority of people on here were having wankathon sessions on last season going on about how he's better then defoe because of he's impressive goalscoring record in the league. well this season, defoe has took a grade A dump on Darren bent both on goals and assists.

So £18 million was a total rip off but £16 million is not a bad deal?! :lol:

You really couldn't make it up.

WOW just WOW. This post really does prove how extremely sad you are. Funny that you didnt bother quoting the post where i was gutted spammers had signed him when it looked like they clinched the deal.

Honestly though Baggio, you the first to ask why im here and have a go at me for being a WUM yet you r always the first to post stuff directed at me. Make up your mind ffs.

Guest kingdawson

WOW just WOW.

Oprah, is that you?

:lol: Didnt know Oprah said that. Tbh didnt even know where that came from, was just genuinly shocked that Baggio would go through all that trouble.

Alan Smith is one of the most overrated players ever.

No pace, no skills, rubbish goal scoring record and a poor disciplinary record.

Apart from "giving 110%" he has no redeeming features whatsoever. It's absolute madness that he got to play for a team like United.

WOW just WOW.

Oprah, is that you?

:lol: Didnt know Oprah said that. Tbh didnt even know where that came from, was just genuinly shocked that Baggio would go through all that trouble.

Our search engine is pretty good these days tbf. 2min job to find your posts on Bent.

Apart from "giving 110%" he has no redeeming features whatsoever. It's absolute madness that he got to play for a team like United.

I'm confused.

WOW just WOW.

Oprah, is that you?

Our search engine is pretty good these days tbf. 2min job to find your posts on Bent.

blueyes.gif

A worthwhile 2 minutes to show you up for being two faced tbh O0

I'm pedantic.

;)