Future Taylor vs Ledley King?

STM
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another classic from King Dawson has made me decide to have a poll. Dawson laughed off claims by myself that Taylor, when he hits his peak, will be a better defender than the current Ledley King.

Am i the only one with this opinion?

Guest Morph

GREAT thread.

Shush.  If you've got nothing to say about the thread then why feel the need to shit on it?

GREAT thread.

Shush.  If you've got nothing to say about the thread then why feel the need to shit on it?

I was saying something about the thread though.

Steven Taylor 2012 vs Ledley King 2007? Well...if both of Taylor's legs are still attached he'll win by default. But future Taylor vs King when he was fit...Ledley King. Not even close. Always thought he was a tremendous player, his injury problems have probably put this to bed but Ive felt for a long time that he should have been ahead of John Terry in the England team (I base that opinion on performances for England rather than Club form).

King is an impressive defender, physically spot on for his position.

But King wasn't as good as Taylor at Taylor's age, and with King's constant injuries, i know which one i'd want right now, and the one i'd want in the future.

Taylor.

Guest kingdawson

So in essence, Taylor wins by default because of King injuries?.

An amazing stat i have mentioned on here before and will continue to do so is that King has only been booked 5 times in nine years of premiership football and has never been red carded.

From 98-2003 he was never ever booked.

Oh and rodaminho, i new thread wasent really needed.

Right now I'd say Taylor and lets hope he matures with age and stops making rash mistakes when not necessary - through gaining experience obviously

He should mature, hopefully, in less than 5 years.  About three years I think, with concentrated (regular, but not every game) first team experience, over that time. Hopefully learning from the various (many!) top-class defenders that Sam and Ashley will bring in (hasn't started yet, but will start doing so soon . . . )

Guest Gemmill

I'm fucking sick of this "our players are better than Spurs players" shit.  Whether he's right or wrong, who gives a fuck what kingdawson says?  Too many people on here is the answer.

Guest Darth Toon

I'm fucking sick of this "our players are better than Spurs players" shit.  Whether he's right or wrong, who gives a fuck what kingdawson says?  Too many people on here is the answer.

:clap:

It isn't just me then!

Guest kingdawson

I'm f****** sick of this "our players are better than Spurs players" s***.  Whether he's right or wrong, who gives a f*** what kingdawson says?  Too many people on here is the answer.

Didnt even say that much this time to warrant a new thread tbh. I asked rodaminho if he "was serious" and he took it upon himself to start this thread rather then just respond to my question and leave it at that.

Guest Gemmill

I'm f****** sick of this "our players are better than Spurs players" s***.  Whether he's right or wrong, who gives a f*** what kingdawson says?  Too many people on here is the answer.

Didnt even say that much this time to warrant a new thread tbh. I asked rodaminho if he "was serious" and he took it upon himself to start this thread rather then just respond to my question and leave it at that.

Aye I'm not having a go at you btw.  I'm not really having a go at Rodhaminho tbh, I just think there's a significant percentage of people on here with an obsession about how our individual players measure up against Spurs'.  OMG WHO IS DA BESTEST arguments are a load of shit anyway.

Guest kingdawson

Aye I'm not having a go at you btw.  I'm not really having a go at Rodhaminho tbh, I just think there's a significant percentage of people on here with an obsession about how our individual players measure up against Spurs'.  OMG WHO IS DA BESTEST arguments are a load of s*** anyway.

Agreed.