Future Taylor vs Ledley King?

STM
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Gemmill

And "WHO IS DA BESTEST in five years' time?" is just beyond stupid.

:lol:  We need Future Taylor to come back in time a la Terminator and tell us the craic.  "Sarah Connor.  Ledley King."

considering taylor is 21 and that is kinda an excuse to make mistakes anyway, but who has he had teaching him his trade over the last few years? why, glenn roeder and graeme souness!! and who has he had to influence him? why titus bramble, craig moore, babayaro and carr!!! I think maybe, just maybe that under a decent manager (allardyce) and another experienced, decent centreback (like sol cambell on a free which we turned down last year!!!!) then taylor will be in the full england squad in no time at all. He can be far better than ledley king under the right influence, I think he could be england captain if he really goes for it, although that is a long time away.

considering taylor is 21 and that is kinda an excuse to make mistakes anyway, but who has he had teaching him his trade over the last few years? why, glenn roeder and graeme souness!! and who has he had to influence him? why titus bramble, craig moore, babayaro and carr!!! I think maybe, just maybe that under a decent manager (allardyce) and another experienced, decent centreback (like sol cambell on a free which we turned down last year!!!!) then taylor will be in the full england squad in no time at all. He can be far better than ledley king under the right influence, I think he could be england captain if he really goes for it, although that is a long time away.

Let the kid find his way. That expectation is unrealistic at the moment. He is a good player with a lot of flaws in his game at present. He CAN improve but he needs to.

Willie MacFaul was in charge when Paul Gascoigne was about. It didnt really hold him back. Neither did playing with Ian Stewart or Pat Heard and the players you mention could run rings around those two. Or having George Reilly and Tony Cunningham up front to link play with, again two players who make Shola look like Eusebio.

The "look who has has been learning from" argument is weak.

Good players flourish despite the influence of those around them of they need to. Good coaching helps but in this case it is nonsense tbh

The lad has a lot to do to convince people and he would be helped if people calmed down and looked at the player on the park rather than the hype when he was 15.

Taylor is stronger, King is more comfortable on the ball. Difficult choice.

I actually think King is the best English defensive midfield player, and that's where I'd play him. I often feel he's too classy to be wasted in defence.

Taylor is stronger, King is more comfortable on the ball. Difficult choice.

I actually think King is the best English defensive midfield player, and that's where I'd play him. I often feel he's too classy to be wasted in defence.

I don't really agree with that argument. Nothing wrong with defenders who can play a bit. I think he's done well in midfield from a defensive point of view when he's played in midfield from England but his distribution lets him down a bit. He's more comfortable at the back where you get more time on the ball.

King is far better than Taylor ever will be.

I really don't see anything in Taylor that makes me think he'll ever be more than a poor mans Terry or Carragher. Decent player and lots of heart but nothing special.

Guest kingdawson

I really don't see anything in Taylor that makes me think he'll ever be more than a poor mans Terry or Carragher. Decent player and lots of heart but nothing special.

I honestly feel the same way and i feel that if the roles were reversed and this thread was over at GG with King playing for Newcastle and Taylor for spurs, it would be ridiculed by everyone on here.

Guest makemeacupoftea

I honestly feel the same way and i feel that if the roles were reversed and this thread was over at GG with King playing for Newcastle and Taylor for spurs, it would be ridiculed by everyone on here.

Im agreeing with you! Jesus!!

it has been ridiculed on here

Guest kingdawson

Taylor's got 5x the amount of votes. Maybe it's a joke. Please tell me it's a joke?

Sadly this is deadly serious.

Guest kingdawson

it has been ridiculed on here

Hence Taylor currently winning the votes 62-13.

Taylor's got 5x the amount of votes. Maybe it's a joke. Please tell me it's a joke?

Huddlestone better than Fabregas ring a bell? Newsflash, this is a NUFC forum. People are more likely to overrate our players in comparison to those of others. Not rocket science is it?

Don't think it's a ridiculous as being put about, don't forget we've only really seen Taylor under Souness and Roeder...

Anyway, Rozehnal will work out to be better than King  ;)

What abot King vs Future Ramage?

Guest kingdawson

Huddlestone better than Fabregas ring a bell? Newsflash, this is a NUFC forum. People are more likely to overrate our players in comparison to those of others. Not rocket science is it?

can use the exact same excuse when people do over at GG tbh.

Guest kingdawson

No s***.

My point is that its delusional to an extreme level and i prefer not to make lame excuses when its done by spurs fans.

Guest Triglett

Don't think it's a ridiculous as being put about, don't forget we've only really seen Taylor under Souness and Roeder...

Someone else said something similar earlier, neglecting the fact that Roeder brought on some of the most talented players of this generation at West Ham. And you can hardly say that King had the benefit of working with Gross, Graham, Hoddle, Pleat etc.

Why do you feel the need to make excuses for him? Robbie Fowler and Macmanaman played very well under Souness and Joe Cole, Carrick and Defoe did more than alright under Roeder. Let the kid make his own way without the lame excuses.

King is far better than Taylor at present. Neither of them are top drawer. Ferdinand, Terry and Woodgate are light years ahead of both of them. Carragher is maybe marginally better than King. If Taylor gets to their level then I will be pleased. I very much doubt he will get to the level of the other three.

I always appreciate other fans comming on here but I'm guessing this forum the majority of the people on here are newcastle fans either "always had a soft spot for them" or "life long fan or as long as I can remember"

Making threads about who is better than who usually ends up with most going for the toon player. Sometimes I feel I could go anywhere to get a negative newcastle view fuck we are a negative bunch of supporters at times as has been highlighted by massively knee jerk reactions based on one or two performances.

Lighten up is all I'm saying and if you really cant stand a newcastle love fest then why not fuck off to a forum where they only want you to rip things to shreads.