Henry signs for Barcelona

SUPERTOON

Not surprised but I thought Arsenal would have really pushed for some sort of deal with Eto'o going their way

I think Henry had peaked and this is good business personally. Well, as long as they spend the £16m on a proper striker instead of a 15 year old from the Ivory Coast for £500k

Guest optimistic nit

would not surprise me 1 bit if Arsenal came in for Both Owen and Martins.

well imo, owen isn't an arsenal player, but that said he'd be cheap, and he scores, exactly what arsenal need, so its a possability. martins hasn't displayed too much technical abilitiy, a main attribute for an arsenal player, but that said, he's fast and powerful, so its a possability.

Good. Won't break wor Al's records now

First Van Nistalrooy now Henry given up on Alan Shearer Premiership record goal scorer.

Alan has only Michael Owen to worry about now.

On Henry replacement I think its very likely they will move for Trézéguet from Juve.

First Van Nistalrooy now Henry given up on Alan Shearer Premiership record goal scorer.

On Henry replacement I think its very likely they will move for Trézéguet from Juve.

I wouldn't be losing sleep over it if I were Big Al. 

Guest Toon83

Get ready for alot of pressure from arsenal for Owen and Martins, tbh i can see Owen moving on but with Martins commiting his future this week i dont see him leaving.

It will be interesting to see if Wenger stays now though

Guest Toon83

Imagine the forward line and midfield of Messi, Eto'o, Henry, Deco, Iniesta and Zambrotta, and i've probably missed a few out

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I wouldn't be losing sleep over it if I were Big Al. 

:lol: init

Guest optimistic nit

Imagine the forward line and midfield of Messi, Eto'o, Henry, Deco, Iniesta and Zambrotta, and i've probably missed a few out

xavi for a start ;)

Guest Toon83

i knew there was a few i missed out, Xavi is an awesome player i feel embarressed to have missed him out  :idiot2:

Guest JamesD

xavi for a start ;)

umm...shoudln't ronaldinho be in that list...?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I have a feeling Ronaldinho will be shit hot again next season, he's said he's not been at peak fitness and he's missing out on Copa America to get back to top fitness. He's still got incredible world class technique so he's gonna be shitting all over people next season.  Him, Henry and Messi in a front trio is truly an awesome prospect

Guest Toon83

Barcelona would ask ridiculus amounts of money for Ronaldinho

they would ask £50mil knowing them!

and Milan would pay it knowing them!

Anyone think we should swoop for Gudjohnsen now? he must be very pissed and may want out.

he would be an excellent signing but only if Owen or Martins leave this summer

if we sign another it will be too many

If this rubbish about Sam being interested in Alan Smith actually is true, he should definately be turning his attention to the Iceman.

Gudjohnsen would be fantastic for us in midfield or upfront. Dont take and cheap imitations Sam, buy the real thing!

Anyone think we should swoop for Gudjohnsen now? he must be very pissed and may want out.

he would be an excellent signing but only if Owen or Martins leave this summer

if we sign another it will be too many

If this rubbish about Sam being interested in Alan Smith actually is true, he should definately be turning his attention to the Iceman.

Gudjohnsen would be fantastic for us in midfield or upfront. Dont take and cheap imitations Sam, buy the real thing!

Yea this is what i was thinking, Gudjohnsen can be used in a few formations.

Barcelona have got so many top class players

i feel their defence is gettting the worse as they concentrate on getting big name midfielders who attack and strikers!

Is that why they are after Chivu then?

He's already deteriorating fitness-wise and has got two years left in him (as the top class international forward that he currently is). £16m is unturndownable.

Still... they've got some serious work to do now like.

We should be aiming for fourth now.

© O'Nut 2007

Gudjohnsen and Saviola will surely be on their way out now.

Gudjohnsen at the right price could be just what we're lacking. We're lacking in creativity and intelligent play in the final third, someone who can link midfield and attack with killer passes, a poor man's Bergkamp if you will.

Gudjohnsen and Saviola will surely be on their way out now.

Gudjohnsen at the right price could be just what we're lacking. We're lacking in creativity and intelligent play in the final third, someone who can link midfield and attack with killer passes, a poor man's Bergkamp if you will.

Again though we should be cautious buying these older players leaving world class clubs. Kluivert, Owen, Duff etc.

Eid take him.

Taxi!