Henry signs for Barcelona

SUPERTOON

With our new owner and manager I'd be surprised Martins (and maybe even Owen) would want to jump ship just for one season of guaranteed Champions League football. Arsenal with Wenger in the last year of his contract and no Henry in the team means Arsenal aren't the draw they once were.

truly a sad day for the premiership. one of the few players i'd pay money to watch.

plus, it just goes to show that publicly committing your future to your current employers means fuck all in this day and age. 

Did he publicly commit?

IIRC he skirted around the issue and was just pissed off they were saying he'd agreed a deal to leave.

Guest Toonie

martins wants to stay here so even if a club matches the get out fee, he wont leave unless he wants to. same goes for Owen. I think we are gonna keep martins but loose owen, this alan smith thing might be to replace Owen

With our new owner and manager I'd be surprised Martins (and maybe even Owen) would want to jump ship just for one season of guaranteed Champions League football. Arsenal with Wenger in the last year of his contract and no Henry in the team means Arsenal aren't the draw they once were.

That's it, Owen could be jumping from one mess into another. I'd welcome him leaving, the £9m fee stings though.

I highly doubt Martins will go there, the times ive seen him play against them he really looked like he didn't like Arsenal.

Guest graemeh72

Wow!

Well I am happy this is all happening now. If we are going to lose someone then at least it is happening early on and we will have a lot of time to get new recruits in.

The Alan Smith rumour seems a lot more feasible at the moment.

But  Alan Oliver said its wide of the mark

Guest Martin

truly a sad day for the premiership. one of the few players i'd pay money to watch.

plus, it just goes to show that publicly committing your future to your current employers means f*** all in this day and age. 

Agreed mate, sad day for the Premiership. One of the best players i'm ever gonna see in my lifetime.

He'll do well at Barca. Good luck to the bloke. He owes Arsenal absolutely nothing imo.

He's been awesome for them and they'll make a tidy profit despite his age. 

Barcelona spokesman says 24 million Euros fee agreed but reports of a 4-year deal being signed is wrong

Which part?

The fee has been agreed, the contract has not

Barcelona spokesman says 24 million Euros fee agreed but reports of a 4-year deal being signed is wrong

Which part?

The fee has been agreed, the contract has not

Ah.

Still think Henry will take the option to leave, especially since the club has accepted the fee.

One last chance to do something in his career. (not that he hasn't just i cant see much else going on at Arsenal until the stadium pays itself off)

Guys chill out!

It's not a sad day. We have enjoyed watching the guy in his prime and I actually think Arsenal are doing the right thing to let him go now. Mentally he just wasn't there last season. He had already left last summer.

There will be new stars emerging as has always been the case through the years. That's what it's all about. I think people writing Arsenal off need to be careful too! Wenger is no mug! When Anelka left no one could have seen Henry emrge out of nowhere like he did.

Wenger will do it again especially now they are losing such a great figure head who is also their captain. Expect some new faces to come in who will surprise a few people.

Guest mishka17

oba said that he will stay, owen did nothing, so i think mike will say goodbye and join assenal, unless manchester city gonna be faster  bluelaugh.gif. seriously, this martins contract is the most stupid think i've ever heard of. we're buying young (?) talent and we agree for this kind of shite? stupidity

Guest nufc 4 life

very good deal for Arsenal IMHO. They could get anone out of Bent (16m), owen (9m), Martins (13m) and still have money to spare (if the get owen or martins anyway

Guest eyeball_tickler

plus, it just goes to show that publicly committing your future to your current employers means f*** all in this day and age. 

Did he publicly commit?

IIRC he skirted around the issue and was just pissed off they were saying he'd agreed a deal to leave.

he's "slammed barcelona links" once or maybe twice in the last month and his agent is also suing some newspaper about this deal.

and i remember him saying something about wanting to retire at arsenal after the CL final they were in.