Makems have signed

NSG

Championship players & Irishmen, i expected Sunderland to have done a lot more in the transfer market this summer.

A long way to go, but its no wonder the likes of Nugent are turning them down, if any other established EPL club is interested in a player they'll choose them over Sunderland every time.

They had aggressive (Forlan, Duff etc) plans and the whole place was buzzing, i just wonder how much our changes have taken the wind out of their sails? It sounds daft but they were on a high before SA's appointment, then along came Ashley, and no nothing is said or heard from the mackems anymore.

I was really worried under GR about them coming up, but now they have become really insignificant...again.

Championship players & Irishmen, i expected Sunderland to have done a lot more in the transfer market this summer.

A long way to go, but its no wonder the likes of Nugent are turning them down, if any other established EPL club is interested in a player they'll choose them over Sunderland every time.

They had aggressive (Forlan, Duff etc) plans and the whole place was buzzing, i just wonder how much our changes have taken the wind out of their sails? It sounds daft but they were on a high before SA's appointment, then along came Ashley, and no nothing is said or heard from the mackems anymore.

I was really worried under GR about them coming up, but now they have become really insignificant...again.

And I love it!!!! :D

Remember when some people were shitting bricks when they thought we were going to be overtaken by the scum this season?

They are nowhere near premiership level, and they only people they can hope to attract are shite past it Irish players and Man United cast-offs and reserves.

Yep but remember, Keane is a "born winner" so they are definitely going to do well, apparently.

I found this amusing on there board:

Originally Posted by Quinderland 

Theres the start of conor hourihane at the academy which is said to be a cracking bit of work.

The other new academy scholars at Sunderland next season are: David Brown (defender, Stanley), Joe Cornforth (defender, Cramlington), Andrew Galer (striker, Sunderland), Liam Hubbock (striker, Newcastle), Martin Hunter (goalkeeper, Whitley Bay), Dan Madden (defender, Durham), Liam Noble (midfield, Newcastle), Adam Reid (midfield, Hartlepool) and Gavin Scott (striker, Stanley).

safc

Scorer replied:

Are the lads we bring in usually so local or is this an effort to get a bit of local pride going throughout the club?

Local pride?!!? Aye if they were signed up to play for Newcastle United.

the mackems have signed 2 players

£3million each? im not sure i dont take much notice

nearly spent as much as us and we have bought quality players and for less money except Barton

does Keane want them stupid f****** w****** to stay up?

hopefully he keeps signing players like these  :cheesy: they will be straight back down!!!!  :celb:

Spent £6m on players and both are championship level right backs*, quality :lol:

*I know Halford can play in other positions but he is a right back by nature isnt he?

Mackems are c*** at everything! have you saw there rumour list?

every premiership player!!!!

plus some say europe is possible,  :rolleyes:  only way they will get into europeis if they enter the eurovision son contest

Guest Dr. Pongle

You get the feeling that Keane's signings are a throwback of McCarthy's last onslaught on the Premiership.

TBF to Keane he hasn't got much pull with anyone he doesn't know. Non Manc & non Irish are going to be a bit weary of joining a football club that keeps getting into the EPL only to break its own record of least points and go back down in humiliation.

No decent players in Europe are going to touch them, and all the frees are being tied up day by day, the best have gone.

ATM he's doing what he can, getting good championship players in, and they are improving his squad, but not in the great leaps he's going to need to have a decent season and surviving the drop. He's missed a trick not signing Billy Sharp, i hear Sheff Utd got him for £2m, my tip for the Championships top scorer for next season, a cheap mans Owen.

So his options are bring in top Championship players, bring in Irish players who idolize him, or tap into his old Manu contacts, thats all he can do for now. But as the window goes on, he's got more of a chance of bringing in EPL players for the right price. Clubs will have their new signings, will be willing to allow others to leave, and some may need to sell just to bring in somebody else, and this is why he must wait and strike at the right time. If we bring in the palyers we should, the likes of Carr, Babayaro & Butt could probably be had for £1m all in. Not that am saying Sunderland will go for them, its just an example of a team refreshing its squad, Citeh & WHU are both in the same position & the Spuds have a revolving door policy.