15.Boro

16.Reading

17.Fulham

18.Birmingham

19.Drby

20.Wigan

Pisstake?

No.

Man U are signing players they don't need, albeit excellent ones. They still don't have a reliable centre forward, neither Tevez or Rooney are this. They'll play 433 in an attempt to fit everyone in, it won't work. They won't be as good as last season.

Wenger will do what Wenger does.

Sell one of his star players again and struggle to finish 4th?

1. Man United

Defense long sorted, and now the attacks are sorted too. It is unlikely that all Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson and Tevez all flop. If any of them flops, they still have the current players to rely on.

2. Liverpool

They have a good team, good defense they just didn't have a prolific striker. I am in the Torres camp and don't think he is overrated or overpriced. If he flops Liverpool will suffer dearly, but if he doesn't, a partnership of Kuyt and Torres should be very interesting.

3. Arsenal

The only direction tehy could go is upward direction. They didn't have Van Persie, Henry and Gallas for much of the season yet games after games they dominated the oppositions and created many chances. Van Persie will be back, Gallas will be back, Adebayor will keep improving. Eduardo might take time to adapt, so I tip Arsenal to be third rather than second.

4. Chelsea

There will always be a flop among the top clubs. And Chelsea could well be the one this coming season. They have a lot of quality players, but too many perhaps. Can Mourinho keep them happy and motivated? Dorgba and Lampard, their two star players, have been playing non stop past few seasons can they still produce the same goods this time?

5. Newcastle

Sam Allardyce, enough said!!

6. Tottenham

Don't think the signing of Darren Bent will improve the club much. They scored enough goals last season, it was the defense that left them down. Bent is better than Keane but how much better? Not much to make a significance. Key player who could make a difference would be Younes Kaboul. How good is him? He will need time to adapt to the Premiership physical nature, so Spurs have to make do with Dawson still yet. 6th for them.

7. Aston Villa

Martin O'Neill, Reo Coker, Carew, Young, Agbonlahor etc.

8. Everton

Heart wants them to be higher and head thinks that they shuold be lower withuot siginificant transfer activity to improve the squad. So a compromise of 8th seems sensible. Jagielka is an excellent signing for them, but they need a couple more quality players.

9. Blackburn

Can't progress significantly without significant money spent in transfer market.

10. Man City

Crap team. But with Sven they will do better.

11. Sunderland

Boyish enthusiams and shrewd signings (Anderson and Halford so far) will make them a surprise team

12. Portsmouth

Still not a big fan of Harry Redknapp, whatever he has done so far. They have a more than decent team however- Muntari, Kanu, Campbell, Distin, Lauren etc.

13. Reading

No money no talk. But consistency, good tactics and good application of effort and hardwork should easily ensure another year in Premiership.

14. West Ham

Not a big fan of Curbishley. Poor transfer buys, and without Tevez they would have gone down easily.

15. Boro

Viduka is a big loss, but their solid defense will save them from relegation.

16. Fulham

The Northern Irish contigent will help Sanchez tremendously.

17. Bolton

Little Sam is no big Sam. Would struggle badly but saved by veteran professionals like Speed and Campo.

18. Birmingham

19. Wigan

20. Derby

Some interesting points there, Delima.

I think Sunderland will struggle a bit, though they'll probably stay up. On paper, I think they had the weakest squad of the three promoted teams and made it on good management and preparation. That'll only take them so far.

West Ham seem to be the hardest team to predict, but I think they'll make a few more big signings, and I do rate Curbishley. They also suffered last season from the loss of Gabbidon, who I think is their best defender. I'd say definitely top 8.

Chelsea

Man U

Newcastle

Liverpool

Spurs

Arsenal

Everton

Blackburn

Villa

Bolton

Pompey

West Ham

Man City

Reading

Mackems

Birmingham

Fulham

Boro

Wigan

Derby

I have a good feeling about this season! And not just because of all the activity, just in general.

And Man U won't have the dominence that everybody thinks they ewill have on paper! There will be alot of jealosy with the new boys coming in!

Chelsea will do there usual 1 nil wins, and take the title, as we will run them and Man u close! You heard it here first!

Some interesting points there, Delima.

I think Sunderland will struggle a bit, though they'll probably stay up. On paper, I think they had the weakest squad of the three promoted teams and made it on good management and preparation. That'll only take them so far.

West Ham seem to be the hardest team to predict, but I think they'll make a few more big signings, and I do rate Curbishley. They also suffered last season from the loss of Gabbidon, who I think is their best defender. I'd say definitely top 8.

I don't think they have the weakest squad compared to Birmingham and Derby. The quality of their players were there to see last season in the Championship. Granted it is only a championship, but good championship players have often made decent premiership players. Once they have a new left back and goal keeper their defense is sorted. Their midfield is well stocked with decent players, so what they need is a quality striker who could score goals in Premiership. They wanted Nugent and didn't get him. But at least this shows that Keane is not doing nothing and he is actively addressing the weakness of his squad.

Birmingham has bought many players, but they have done this in the past and didn't do very well. They might as well stay up at the expense of Bolton or Fulham.

Derby, they definitely have the ambition to stay in Premiership - 3M for Robert Earnshaw, 3M for Claude Davies. But their squad have grits rather than true quality. They wouldn't concede too many goals with Davies, Leacock and Moore marshalling the defense, but could they score enough goals?

I don't think Curbishley has the ability to do big things. The only tactics he seems to have with West Ham is to spend big and get players. By virtue of average law, the quality of the acquisitions will make the team hard to beat. But without Tevez their savour, where would they find goals?

Guest microbar

With all the upheval this season we need time to gell,

the players manager and back room staff,

Top ten is all we can hope for

and more signings to come in january

[1] manure

[2] chelski

[3] liverpool

:coolsmiley:

• 5 weeks later...

All sunday papers have done it and i know transfers could change standings but predict prem final standings.

1. Man Utd

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

5. Spurs

6. Pompey

7. Everton

8. Newcastle

9. West Ham

10. Man City

11.Villa

12.Blackburn

13.Bolton

14.Reading

15.Boro

16.Fulham

17.Sunderland

18.Wigan

19.Birmingham

20.Derby

1. Man Utd

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Spurs

6.Newcastle

7. Aston Villa

8. West Ham

9. Portsmouth

10. Man City

11.Everton

12.Blackburn

13.Bolton

14.Reading

15.Boro

16.Fulham

17.Sunderland

18.Birmingham

19.Wigan

20.Derby

1. Man Utd

2. Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Spurs

5. Arsenal

6. Newcastle

7. Villa

8. Pompey

9. Man City

10. West Ham

11.Everton

12.Bolton

13.Blackburn

14.Reading

15.Derby

16.Fulham

17.Birmingham

18.Sunderland

19.Wigan

20.Boro

1)Man Utd

2)Liverpool

3)Chelsea

4)Arsenal

5)Newcastle

6)Spurs

7)West Ham

8)Blackburn

9)Villa

10)Bolton

11) Pompey

12) Man City

13) Everton

14) Fulham

15)Birmingham

16) Reading

17) Boro

18)Wigan

19)Mackems

20)Derby

Fully expecting City to make a serious move up the table this year. They've bought well imo. Everton will drop a bit and Reading will find it much harder this year. Wigan, Fulham, Sunderland and Boro will fight it out to stay up and Derby fans may as well stick a bit of money on themselves to finish 20th - at least they'd be making a bit out of money that way...

Guest arkanoider

1)Man Utd

2)Chelsea

3)Liverpool

4)Newcastle

5)Arsenal

6)Spurs

7)West Ham

8)Man City

9) Everton

10)Bolton

11) Pompey

12) Blackburn

13) Villa

14) Sunderland

15) Boro

16) Reading

17) Birmingham

18)Fulham

19)Wigan

20)Derby

Still not convinced about City, they have bought well but if you are going to down the intelligent, tactical manager route, you need the passion of Wenger to rally the troops when the going gets tough.

Still not convinced about Sven to be more accurate.

Guest optimistic nit

newly updated version:

1.ManU

2.Liverpool

3.Chelsea

4.Arsenal

5.Spurs

6.Citeh

7.Pompey

8.Toon

9.Villa

10.B'Burn

11.Everton

12.West Ham

13.Bolton

14.Reading

15.Boro

16.Brum

17.Fulham

18.Derby

19.Sunlan

20.Wigan

Why are people so excited about Pompey? Really don't think they are much better than West Ham and when the ACN starts I am sure they will have one striker (Nugent) for about 6 weeks, if he picks up an injury!  :kasper:

Guest optimistic nit

Fully expecting City to make a serious move up the table this year. They've bought well imo. Everton will drop a bit and Reading will find it much harder this year. Wigan, Fulham, Sunderland and Boro will fight it out to stay up and Derby fans may as well stick a bit of money on themselves to finish 20th - at least they'd be making a bit out of money that way...

i would compare the teams that have just come up to us, citeh and west ham. IMO sunlan have taken a west ham approach, throwing stupid money at players that won't make much of a difference in a vain attempt to stay up, Brum have done what citeh have, spent a lot, but imo spent it well and not overspent on players and derby have done what we have done, not spent that much but have bought quite well. The league is so weak atm regarding the bottom 6 that I expect Wigan and Fulham to be fighting in the relegation battle, and Boro, Reading and Bolton may get dragged in. If a newly promoted team can grind out results it could be enough this season imo. I certainly don't think that Derby are that much weaker than Sunlan, Fulham or Wigan. Its a toss up between them and Fulham imo.

1.Man U - will win the title

2.Chelsea

3.Spurs - spurs will make the top 3 this season

4.Liverpool

5.Arsenal

6.Newcastle - bit biased but hopefully the toon in the uefa

7.Blackburn

8.Everton

9.Pompey

10.Villa

11.City

12.Bolton

13.West Ham - large improvement this season even tho without tev

14.Reading

15.Boro

16.Sunderland

17.Derby

18.Birmingham

19.Fulham - will make the drop this yeat

20.Wigan

Guest trotter58

Birmingham has bought many players, but they have done this in the past and didn't do very well. They might as well stay up at the expense of Bolton or Fulham.

Birmingham to stay up at the expense of Bolton?! Are you seriously saying that we are one of the three weakest teams in the Prem?!

Birmingham to stay up at the expense of Bolton?! Are you seriously saying that we are one of the three weakest teams in the Prem?!

Injury to Anelka and i think Bolton will struggle. I cant see SL doing much and if he gets a few bad results at the start of the season then i think you could be in serious trouble.