Wenger reportedly wants Oba for 13 million according to Sun.

madras

It's funny to see some people picking out individual 'easy' goals he scored. We could do this with any striker in the world. Seems Martins is getting criticised for scoring screamers and then getting criticised for scoring tap-ins!

He could and should have scored more last season, and we witnessed first hand the weaknesses in his game. But he also possesses attributes unrivalled by any other player in this league (who else has that pace, strength and shooting ability?). Wenger has obviously identified this and feels that with the right coaching and the right service there's plenty more to come from Obafemi Martins.

Exactly we aint exactly strapped for cash and needing to get him away in case he flops, he is young, can only get better working in a better team with the right coaching you can see alot of his weaker elements going and the things that make him special becomming more apparant. Give the lad a chance one season wonder he isn't and worse comes to the worse he flops and we sell him off, being written off because he didnt blast in 30 goals or score hatricks like no tommorow does not mean he is a bad player.

I want him to stay, but if he was to leave i would much rather like to see him go to Italy and Juventus. Would do my head in if he went to Arsenal and fulfilled his potential and developed into one of the best strikers under the guidance of Wenger.

But i also believe that Wenger will end up at Real..

YOU ARE ALL MAD!!! I would be devastated if Martins left!!! I think buying him was the only good thing Roeder did for us. Think about it, we would have been relegated without his goals, and he is only 22 and can improve so much!!! Roeder was a crap manager, and Martins had noone decent to actually play up front with, and he had no service from our midfield- yet he still scored 17 goals in his first season in the premiership!!!!

yes he finished badly, but think about the game against spurs at white hart lane, where he won it for us (ok fine with given).

He scores amazing goals, is really fast, is entertaining to watch when he is doing well, and can jump to about twice his height!! AND HE DOES BACKFLIPS!!!

you are all to quick to criticise him for the end of the season, but it wasnt just him doing badly, everyone was!!! Think about when we were doing well!! surely we will see more of the best next season?

AND MAINLY, HE WILL IMPROVE!!! DECENT MANAGER, DECENT PARTNERSHIP, DECENT MIDFIELD, EXPERIENCE, MORE CONFIDENCE!!!! considering he scored 17 goals without scoring hardly any at the start or end, we have a bloody good striker!!

Martins is still improving, Owen has past his best!

I would rather sell Owen for £9million than Martins for £20 million!!!

I think he'll want to go. He threw a strop at the end of last season when he got dropped, and I don't think he's going to want to compete for his place next season, which he'd almost certainly have to do.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think he'll want to go. He threw a strop at the end of last season when he got dropped, and I don't think he's going to want to compete for his place next season, which he'd almost certainly have to do.

That would be a great basis for a decision considering he would be third/forth choice at Arsenal behind Van Persie, Adebayour and walcott(?).

If Oba goes to Arsenal he may as well have stayed at Inter.

Mind you he will be 3rd choice here as well

He wouldnt be behind Adebayor or Walcott.

If he goes I hope we can get a good replacement in. With Nugent going for £7m+, Bent at what £15m or so? We would probably have to go abroad and take a big gamble.

That would be a great basis for a decision considering he would be third/forth choice at Arsenal behind Van Persie, Adebayour and walcott(?).

and still get plenty of action I dont see owen or viduka staying fit all season, also I see us changing the set up to start martins in certain types of games and the team on a whole I can see operating more on a rotation basis.

he'd be ahead of aebayor and walcott,also without henry,wenger may have to change tactics a bit and maybe play more of an authadox front 2.......martins and van persie.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Invicta_Toon

Already a thread on this

Here-

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=42199.0

and here-

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=41933.0

AND MORE

do mods get annoyed by this?  :rant:

do you use that arse site that collects all posts in one thread? what a pile of crap, the talk about gallas's press comments is on page 33 of a thread simply titled 'Gallas', started in January!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Oba wants wages close to Owens???

Get rid pronto. The cheeky git. I love you Oba but be on your way son!

he's done more tfor this club than little mickey FFS. more than entitled tbh

Oba wants wages close to Owens???

Get rid pronto. The cheeky git. I love you Oba but be on your way son!

Not saying any footballer should be given £105,000 a week or whatever it is, but what the hell has Michael Owen done for us to justify being on £30/40,000 a week more than Oba?