Wenger reportedly wants Oba for 13 million according to Sun.

madras

Guest Alex20

Sell, bring in eidur and baammmm

Owen's here to stay, so owen and oba won't work, owen and eidur however....

Guest redmayne

sell the twat

go out and get someone more complimentry to owen and more exciting

although not as exciting as jumping in cars and being shot at

lying fuckwit

Inter didn't exactly put up much of a fight to keep him, which is surprising considering Crespo was 32 and Martins only 21, so could easily have taken his place by now with "proper coaching".

Well Inter already had Adriano, Ibrahimovic, Crespo and Cruz so Martins handed in a transfer request. There's no shame in a 21 year old failing to oust Adriano, Ibrahimovic or Crespo. They weren't going to put up a fight to keep him with those 4 other strikers available, and they still made us pay a pretty  big sum for him.

It's not just a case of improving the weaker areas of Oba's game, it's also about playing to his strengths as well, something we couldn't afford to do last season. Because he had to play all season alongside midfielders he wasn't allowed to play to his own strengths, he had to be the target man, the creator and the goalscorer and it was too much to ask. I thought he often cut a frustrated figure last season. At times we needed him to be our Shearer and our Bellamy. With Viduka and Ameobi back, we have people who can occupy centre-halves, challenge for high balls and play Martins in. Martins can concentrate on the stronger areas of his game, instead of playing with his back to goal. I'd be very keen to see Martins alongside Viduka, I think it could be very difficult for many defences to contain those two.

Guest hagler

thats they way i see it too....he had a frustrating time last season.....if the duke takes the focus off martins i think we will see better runs from him

WHO WANTS TO START A SELL MARTINS AND GET HUNTELAAR CAMPAIGN.. BOTH SIMILAR AGE.. however huntelaar has potential to be alot more complimentary to owen

Why on Earth would he be more complimentary? he's exactly the same type of player as Owen.

Obafemi Martins is braced for showdown talks with Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce, with the powerful Nigerian seeking assurances on his future following the arrival of Mark Viduka.

Newcastle had a dearth of attacking options last season following serious injuries to Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi but the pair are now fit, and when coupled with the signing of Viduka, Martins could find himself scrapping for a starting spot.

Martins showed in his debut campaign in England last term that he has all the attributes to be one of the division's finest, with the pacey front-man having exploded into life in the second half of the year, after what was a slow start.

Such good form prompted talk of a £13million swith to Arsenal, when it became public knowledge that he had insisted on a release clause, upon his arrival from Internazionale.

Allardyce must now reassure Martins of the role he is to play at St James' Park next season, after the player told the Daily Mirror: "I have a meeting with the manager when I get back to training.

"We will see what happens then."

While Martins' future remains subject to conjecture, one man delighted to be wearing black and white is Viduka, and the big Australian cannot wait to work in tandem with Owen, who has this week pledged to stay at Newcastle

"I believe that these can be good times to be at Newcastle which is why I am more than happy to be here," he told The Daily Telegraph.

"The fact he (Owen) is going to stay here at Newcastle has got to be brilliant for the fans and the team.

"He's obviously a very different player to me, but I would like to think that if selected we would be able to complement each other very nicely and create a successful partnership."

Guest DavB93

24 pages fretting about losing a bloke who can't even trap a ball ffs.

Good point, if Arsenal come in with a 13 million bid then fair enought sell him.  Apparently Martins has been seen down at Arsenal the last two days...

Guest DavB93

Good point, if Arsenal come in with a 13 million bid then fair enought sell him.  Apparently Martins has been seen down at Arsenal the last two days...

I think that was a load of bollocks tbh. Someone initially got it mixed up with the Sagna transfer that they've just completed.

That's not what I've heard and been told.

Guest Gemmill

Did you post in the Gudjohnsen thread btw?

Dunno, what's the craic like?  Link me baby!

Guest Gemmill

I think that was a load of bollocks tbh. Someone initially got it mixed up with the Sagna transfer that they've just completed.

Well according to the sources of those qoutes from him yesterday, it said "Speaking from Nigeria, Oba Martins...."

He was probably in Wallsend at the time.  Waltermitty Martins tbh.

Guest DavB93

Well according to the sources of those qoutes from him yesterday, it said "Speaking from Nigeria, Oba Martins...."

Not heard of a smokescreen....

Guest Ridzuan

Im a little bit baffled by the recent article about Martins wanting to have a talk of Big Sam.I mean,they sure have a lot of time to discuss during the Austria training camp,so I dont know why he only wants to start talking about his future now.

Im a little bit baffled by the recent article about Martins wanting to have a talk of Big Sam.I mean,they sure have a lot of time to discuss during the Austria training camp,so I dont know why he only wants to start talking about his future now.

Yeh, you would have thought having a nice little chat would have been easier over in Austria, wasnt anyone around to hear it either  :lol:  ;)

Guest Gemmill

I heard that every time Sam tried to talk to Martins, he just did that "Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap!" thing at him.

Good point, if Arsenal come in with a 13 million bid then fair enought sell him.   Apparently Martins has been seen down at Arsenal the last two days...

The Mirror is saying Whinger is contemplating applying for a work permit for Vela, someone who works at the Express is saying the same.  That would mean little/no likelihood of the scum trying to sign Martins.