Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

Guest Toon83

seems like we are going to be continuing talks on monday with barca chiefs in an attempt to wrap up deals for both Edmilson and Gudjohnssen which would be to cracking signings, eidur with or without owen and oba would be a world class addition to our squad, as would Edmilson, always looks impressive in DM for Barca, looks a bit suspect at the centre of defence tho

Guest jamesmartinsmith

This guy is past his best. Soon to be 30 or 31, he is slower than he used to be and has experienced 3 major injuries in the last two years. £80,000 a week, could cost £2 million.

No thanks.

This guy is past his best. Soon to be 30 or 31, he is slower than he used to be and has experienced 3 major injuries in the last two years. £80,000 a week, could cost £2 million.

No thanks.

have you ever seen him play?

you'd rather play Butt, Ramage or Huntington then?

No thanks.

I don't really think that is the point tbf. Edmilson isn't the kind of player we should be signing to start ahead of our lot, we want players who don't have any glaring weaknesses and Edmilson has far too many for us to be even considering bringing him in to the club.

His injuries, his wages, his age are all negatives, then you have to look at his ability as a defender, which is poor compared to his ability as a footballer. We need strong defensive minded players, i for one would much rather play Butt in the DMC role, and i epxect better to be bought at the back if we are to show serious intent to turn this club around. Edmilson cannot do that, and brings as many problems to our back line as he does solutions.

Naldo. Now there is a player we should be looking at.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

No thanks.

I LIKE YOUR THINKING BUDDY!!!

Guest jamesmartinsmith

No thanks.

No, I'd rather us sign someone like Curtis Davies who'll last for years, or Hyypia, a proven Prem player.

Edmilson is too injury prone and could be out till the new year.

No thanks.

No, I'd rather us sign someone like Curtis Davies who'll last for years, or Hyypia, a proven Prem player.

Edmilson is too injury prone and could be out till the new year.

I'd honestly rather take Hyypia than Edmilson and am dead against Sami coming here.

No thanks.

I LIKE YOUR THINKING BUDDY!!!

He's got just about everything required to be a world class defender. There isn't anyone right now who i'd rather see at Newcastle for the CB role. I think him, Taylor & Rozy would be a fantastic setup, add some decent fullbacks and we've got one of the strongest defenses in the league.

It would show our ambition to turn this club around.

No thanks.

Edmilson is quite possibly the closest Newcastle could come to a great holding midfielder and centreback. It's a gamble, but it is definitely one worth taking. His current injury situation is the only reason we have a shot at him. So bring him in!

30 is no age for a player in his position where pace is not the main attribute, but rather experience. He rather at the peak of his career than at the end of it. He could have 4-5 seasons at top level left in him imo.

We should have taken the same gamble with Woodgate.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

And I'd imagine he'd be on closer to £40-50k than £80k.

The Daily Mail says Allardyce flew back from talks in Spain last night and has not been put off by £80,000-a-week wage demands or the recurrence of Edmilson's long-standing injury.

Got to laugh when people slag the bloke off without having seen him play.

Has a holding man Edmilson would be far superior to Butt, technically he's excellent and would be our first line of attack from his place sat in front of the back 4, Butt should be retained for games against the top 4 and hard away games but apart from that a player like him isn't really needed.

As for his latest operation, it was something that needed doing as it wasn't done properly last time, that doesn't make him a crock or injury prone, £80,000 pw is far to much though but as Nut says £50,000 is much more realistic.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Has a holding man Edmilson would be far superior to Butt, technically he's excellent and would be our first line of attack from his place sat in front of the back 4, Butt should be retained for games against the top 4 and hard away games but apart from that a player like him isn't really needed.

As for his latest operation, it was something that needed doing as it wasn't done properly last time, that doesn't make him a crock or injury prone, £80,000 pw is far to much though but as Nut says £50,000 is much more realistic.

I've seen him play for Brazil, Lyon and Barca plenty of times thanks. He's a good player, but the fact he could be out until the New Year is not good. By then he'll be coming back from a serious injury and surgery and will then have to adapt to English football.

Seem him play plenty of times, never been impressed, has always been the weak link for Country & club and i'm very disappointed we'd be going for him even without all his injury problems, high wages & advancing age.

Got to laugh a people always thinking you know jack about a player just because someone doesn't rate him & he's never played in England, so you must only know him from FM or not at all.  :lol:

Good player, but 30, out for 4 months, and asking for 80k a week.

Sam must secretly be in love with him or something. There is no other explanation.

If we sign him for 3 years, what's 4 months? Players like Makelele & Gilberto have done well enough in this league at 30-33, so why can't Edmilson?

Seem him play plenty of times, never been impressed, has always been the weak link for Country & club and i'm very disappointed we'd be going for him even without all his injury problems, high wages & advancing age.

Got to laugh a people always thinking you know jack about a player just because someone doesn't rate him & he's never played in England, so you must only know him from FM or not at all.  :lol:

weak link for Brazil?

I've seen many games where he's absolutely held it together for them in midfield, Barca also

weak link for Brazil?

I've seen many games where he's absolutely held it together for them in midfield, Barca also

Soft as clarts, can't tackle, very good in the air but tries to be a flair player far too often, easily distracted, for me a weak defensive player.

I've seen him for Brazil, Lyon & Barca, and i've never once seen him have a good game. La Liga as well is the perfect league for him, coming here he'll struggle with the tempo and aggression, both big weaknesses of a very over rated player imo.

Absolutely love Naldo but no one seems to take him seriously.

Signed a new deal for his club last week as well. Would take a big fee to get him out, but a fee worth it in the end. If we paid £10m for him, we'd have got our moneys worth, and wouldn't lose out as long as FS kept away from negotiating clauses in his contract.