Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

Bottom paragraph of this article on Marca (posted at 2.04pm our time)...Barcelona's Sporting Director says they've received no offer for Edmilson.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/barcelona/es/desarrollo/1011389.html

No hay oferta por Edmilson

Finalmente, el secretario técnico barcelonista desmintió que el club haya recibido una oferta del Newcastle United por José Edmilson, que fue intervenido a finales de temporada de una lesión en la rodilla. "No hemos recibido nada, pero nosotros queremos que se recupere, más que nada por su felicidad, para que pueda volver a jugar", indicó Begiristain, quien confirmó que espera que el jugador pueda estar recuperado para antes de finales de este año.

No time to translate because I've got to shoot off to work, I'm sure someone will be able to.

My money is on that you're talking b*llocks again.

It's Edmilson man.

-I am yet to be proved wrong and you are yet to be proved right.

-Yet you speak with such venom, aggression and spite.

-You are no doubt envious of my wisdom and foresight.

-And soon enough I will most likely be proved right.

-At which point you will feel as though you have been shat(?)upon form a great height.

*An original ditty by KaKa

you suck

You've got to let it sink in man. That stuff is deep. You can't rush through it like that.

By this time tomorrow you'll love it. I promise.

:thup:

Guest johnson293

Think the Chronic said that although we'd agreed something with the player, we now had to agree a deal with Barcelona - which it seems we haven't yet.

Still no official word from SA, or the club - maybe this is still Olivers gun jumping??

or, its all simply been a massive smokescreen to divert attention away from our cunning move for Gudjohnsen?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It's not an excellent post at all. Only thick twats would have doubted these players abilities. However, there is no doubt at all Sam is a MUCH better manager than Roeder.

I think the guy's got a point. If it weren't for all the feel-good factor of a new manager, new owner and the promise of tonnes of cash, people would not be shouting from the rooftops about the signings of Viduka, Barton and Rozehnal. Viduka would be considered a lazy old parasite, Barton would be here to mess up the dressing room, Rozehnal would be some random cheapo signing from the French league to 'paper over the cracks', and Geremi would be 'another Chelsea reject here for the money'. Some people are taking the best out of everything and not taking a step back to look at things objectively. These are the same people who, when things are going badly, label Dyer a talentless waste of space and will be doing the same with Barton or Viduka when we inevitably lose a couple of games on the trot.

Sam is a better manager than Roeder but not all of his signings will be a success, maybe not even the majority, and I think if he's going in for Edmilson despite a serious knee injury at this stage in his career then he's taking a gamble, one I think we don't need to take considering our financial situation. For me Edmilson has all the hallmarks of a Shepherd signing.

When has Shepherd ever signed a Brazilian? Tbh I would doubt Shepherd had ever heard of Edmilson before this

Think the Chronic said that although we'd agreed something with the player, we now had to agree a deal with Barcelona - which it seems we haven't yet.

Still no official word from SA, or the club - maybe this is still Olivers gun jumping??

or, its all simply been a massive smokescreen to divert attention away from our cunning move for Gudjohnsen?

So Sam's tapping up players again eh? ;)

Guest johnson293

So Sam's tapping up players again eh? ;)

Maybe - perhaps thats why the deals so far have been quite protracted - he is having to conduct transfers by the book now!!!!

Don't how much goal.com is reliable, but:

http://goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=339699

Edmilson Agrees Newcastle Move, Gudjohnsen Deal Close 

Sam Allardyce, who is in Barcelona, has already convinced Edmilson to join Newcastle. Talks over a transfer fee for him, and Eidur Gudjohnsen, are in progress as we write...

Reports that Sam Allardyce has travelled to Barcelona this morning have now been confirmed, and the Newcastle manager is currently speaking with the Barca management about the two players.

Edmilson's move has already been sanctioned by the Catalans it seems, and the two parties will meet again after lunch to discuss Eidur Gudjohnsen, over whom there is still a £2m difference between the two sides.

The Brazilian midfielder's move will, however, take place only after a detailed medical check-up, as he has been ruled out until November following a knee surgery.

As for the Iceland international, Newcastle are currently offering £6 million, while Barcelona want something closer to the 8 that they paid Chelsea last summer. A £7m compromise formula could be agreed upon.

Goal.com will keep you updated with the details as they become available...

The Marca quotes basically say Barca haven't received any offer from Newcastle, he hopes Edmilson recovers above all for the player's happiness and so he can get playing again, and confirmed he expects the player to be back before the end of this year.

The Marca quotes basically say Barca haven't received any offer from Newcastle, he hopes Edmilson recovers above all for the player's happiness and so he can get playing again, and confirmed he expects the player to be back before the end of this year.

MOTTA!!!

And the El Mundo Deportivo carrying the same quotes, they are usually Barca's mouthpiece.

Motta!! Motta!! :lol:

I see that as the usual talk you get from clubs. Barca would be happy if we came in with a bid and took him off their hands to be honest, he's hardly vital to them and they're paying his wages to p*ss about in the gym until December. They tend to move their older players on anyway, Van Bronckhorst has just left and already been replaced by Malouda.

I see that as the usual talk you get from clubs. Barca would be happy if we came in with a bid and took him off their hands to be honest, he's hardly vital to them and they're paying his wages to p*ss about in the gym until December. They tend to move their older players on anyway, Van Bronckhorst has just left and already been replaced by Malouda.

Abidal?

I hope Alan Oliver is going to get some public apologies if this turns out to be true, the poor bloke.

Mind if it comes off and we sign him we'll never hear the end of it. Prepare for a few 'I told you so' articles.

Abidal not Malouda.

Abidal?

Sorry that's the one, got them mixed up.