Best match you've ever watched?

Guest makemeacupoftea

Guest Morph

When we beat Man Utd 4-3 at SJP and Keane swung a punch at Shearer to get himself sent off.

When did that happne? Sounds really good.

Anyone got a youtube link of it?

Are you being cereal?

Tranmere 6 - 6 Newcastle  ZDS cup  Aldridge and Quinny got hat tricks each and we went out on Pens.. jesus we must be the only team to score 6 away from home and lose

Remember this - it was on Sky, in the ZDS cup or something - the reporter was in the centre circle during the toss up which was weird.

Tranmere 6 - 6 Newcastle  ZDS cup  Aldridge and Quinny got hat tricks each and we went out on Pens.. jesus we must be the only team to score 6 away from home and lose

Remember this - it was on Sky, in the ZDS cup or something - the reporter was in the centre circle during the toss up which was weird.

Got that match on video somewhere i think, may have to dig it out.

can you remember the reason given for kevin brock's substitution ?

Guest Triglett

Man U v Arsenal - FA cup semi-final replay, 1999. 2-1 to Man U, with Giggs scoring that amazing goal in extra time. Two great teams, very evenly matched, giving it all they'd got from first minute to last.

It was the game that really made me realise how far English club football had developed since the Premiership.

Superb game. Just had a bit of everything in it, full of drama and excitement.

I'd also add the ol' 5-1 drubbing of Germany, when I actually cared about England.

More recently there was that Utd-Real tie which has been mentioned, and probably our 5-4 loss in the NLD. Just mental  :cheesy:

i cant no was it something to do with the pen shootout??

na,the official reason given was cos he had a headache at half time

:laugh:

In recent years, the match ive enjoyed the most was probably ManU vs Real Madrid in 2000 or there abouts. Redondo came and absolutely dominated ManU in what was an extremely attacking and entertaining game. There was that backheel/nutmeg that is probably the best piece of individual genius at such a high level ill ever see - it wasnt a case of merely dribbling past 2, 3 or 5 players, or producing a shot/volley from range, something which the opposition or situation often forces you to do, it was merely phenomenal ability/skill/intelligence to use one piece of extraordinary skill to baffle an entire defence. Some player that guy was, probably the most underrated and underappreciated player of the 90s.

Favourite for attacking football was Arsenal's 0-0 draw against CSKA Moscow at The Grove so many chances enjoyed it so much, saying that, i havent got a very good memory!

Brazil 2 - Italy 3 in the 1982 World Cup finals. Shame about the result though.

Just a bit too young to recall that one but I do remember sitting in front of the telly being mesmerised at the Quarter Final between France and Brazil in Mexico '86. Game finished 1-1 and the frogs won on pens. Platini was the best in the world at that time, bar none. Great team, great game.

That was a fantastic game too like and I almost mentioned it in my post. The Brazil side had some of the '82 side but they were past their peak a bit. Platini was fantastic at the time and had been two years earlier in the Euro Championships when he guided them to victory. I'm going to have to pull you up though as Maradona was better at the time. How could you forget him in '86 man? ;)

I relent, Maradona was the best at that time but Platini was a very close second. I think France were just about the best team of that era but Maradona was sensational and won that World Cup virtually single-handedly

Both top, top players.  :thup:

Aye, France beaten in the semis by the Jormans just like they were four years earlier. In '82 the final should have been Brazil v France and the Frogs were unlucky to be so drained from that quarter against Brazil in '86 too. They could have easily won both tournaments with the players they had. Especially in midfield. I loved Platini like. Did you know he was top scorer in Serie A three years running at around that time whilst at Juventus? Some achievement for a midfielder even if he did take all the free-kicks/penalties.

I knew he took the pens like and always seemed like Robson with a boat-load of skill. Arriving late in the box to finish moves off.

How old are you again? You must have a few years on me if you can still remember details of '82. I can remember bits and pieces of '82 but '86 was the first World Cup I can remember.

I'm 32 but I can remember Espana '82 pretty well even though I was only 7 (and 3/4 ;) ) at the time. England went home unbeaten winning 3 and drawing 2 as well but they had a daft 3 group stage instead of last 16/ quarter finals. I can especially remember Brazil's matches and England's. Also the France - W Germany semi and the final. Italy - Brazil stands out though.

When we beat Man Utd 4-3 at SJP and Keane swung a punch at Shearer to get himself sent off.

When did that happne? Sounds really good.

Anyone got a youtube link of it?

Are you being cereal?

If it happened from 2000-2003 I didn't see it, because I had just moved to America from London and had no cable/internet.  :undecided:

Beating Leicester 2-1 away in 91/92 season to avoid relegation to the old 3rd division. Eventful on and off the pitch. They had a chance of promotion, we spoilt the party and their fans didn't like it. There was hell on.

We took the lead. They got a late equaliser, then the same bloke put through his own goal for our winner.

What a turning point in the clubs' history that day was. The feeling i had at the end of that game was better than the promotion, reaching the Cup final or qualifying for the champions league that have happened since.

Sheer ecstasy and a huge relief.

This is a very difficult one, for sheer joy it had to be Grimsby, for excitement Cole first game, for relief the game against Leicester, for a treat the championship home tie vs barnsley - but my all time favourite was Aldershot Town vs S******land in 1987? I think, the shots twice came from behind to equalise making it 2-2 at half time. Somehow I had got myself in the Sunderalnd end and was finding it hard to keep quiet when two minutes into the second half Steve Berry (who i think played for the scum before) hit the ball first time from about 25 yards into the bottom right corner - such joy and the looks on their faces even better.

That Leicester game I think is the most memorable match I've seen, certainly the most nervewracking, not sure about the best though.

ONE of the best I've seen was NUFC v Spurs in May 1995. Quite a warm evening, and both sides just went for it and attacked each other for 90 mins. It ended 3-3.

That Leicester game I think is the most memorable match I've seen, certainly the most nervewracking, not sure about the best though.

ONE of the best I've seen was NUFC v Spurs in May 1995. Quite a warm evening, and both sides just went for it and attacked each other for 90 mins. It ended 3-3.

Portsmouth at home in 1992 was another. Probably a shit match for the neutral but most nervous I have been. We needed to win that one so badly. Lose or draw and I reckon heads would have gone down and relegation.

I remember that game. Was that when Peacock scored for us? Also remember Hooper coming on, and with his first touch, save a penalty. :lol:

The match when we beat Leicester 4-3 after being 3-1 down was a good one. Heskey terrorised us that day (no, really). Class when Shearer tapped-in the fourth near the end. More of a great last quarter of the game than a great match from a Toon point of view I suppose.