Allardyce and Shepherd in Barca

Ally

Guest Verlaine

ssn paper review - sed owens goin man u - 4mil + smith

cud put s stop to eidur deal?

Wow.

This is exactly what I said was likely to be happened once that Alan Smith story came out and Alan Oliver said we would only get him if Owen/Martins left.

I had a feelign a swap deal in some form or the other was on the cards with Owen going the other way.

Wow indeed.

Stop bumming yourself, it's not happened yet

Well I'm certainly not hoping it happens as we should be able to do a little better than that, but I can't help but feel it is inevitable.

The good thing is that it would end all the speculation and we can just move on.

I'll tell you when I started worrying ... when Udinese won the rights for Quagillera and they said they definitely weren't selling him. Man United were chasing him for £10 million. I had a feeling they would come in for Owen after that.

On this occassion I wouldn't mind being wrong about this. Believe me!

It wouldn't be a massive surprise if that were the case.

Don't believe it man. More paper shite. Why the hell would we accept that offer for Owen? Its not as if we want to sell him. I am quite confident the only offer we will accept for him is one that activates his clause.

:thup:

Quite true. £9m+Smith and I could live with it.

Wow.

This is exactly what I said was likely to be happened once that Alan Smith story came out and Alan Oliver said we would only get him if Owen/Martins left.

I had a feelign a swap deal in some form or the other was on the cards with Owen going the other way.

Wow indeed.

More bothered about the post tbh.

Guest optimistic nit

Smiths a good striker. Gud is a better striker. replacing owen and martins with smith and Gud is a minor step backwards, but not drastic. i would put up with that if we got baines or another equally good left back and geremi and baye plus one more attacking player (either creative mid or striker).

Wow.

Wow indeed.

More bothered about the post tbh.

:lol:

Oh I see. Totally missed that.

Guest optimistic nit

and also backups for baines (or alternate left back) and geremi. I'm thinking shorey and bridge at this moment, we don't want to be signing players who couldn't compete with the two first choicers. Shorey and geremi and bridge and baines would be un fucking believeable.

Guest optimistic nit

and further more i can't see all four combined costing that much more than 12 million.

Guest optimistic nit

Shorey a left back? my bad. tevez would be the ideal creative player btw. we don't really need another rb. solano could cover geremi.

Smiths a good striker. Gud is a better striker. replacing owen and martins with smith and Gud is a minor step backwards, but not drastic. i would put up with that if we got baines or another equally good left back and geremi and baye plus one more attacking player (either creative mid or striker).

Honest question, what makes Smith a "good" striker.

Don't understand. You've already got two strikers better than Gudjohnssen, and both of them are way way better than Alan Smith. Release clauses or no release clauses, I'd like to think SA tried to hold on to them.

PS I haven't read the whole thread, so apols if I am missing something.

Don't understand. You've already got two strikers better than Gudjohnssen, and both of them are way way better than Alan Smith. Release clauses or no release clauses, I'd like to think SA tried to hold on to them.

We're copying Spurs.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

so is Ramage

:lol: I wasn't trying to say it as a plus point.

phew :lol: well, it's an accurate point then, succintly made :lol:

Eidur Gudjohnsen has got an unbelievably better football brain than Martins. He is a superb player.

We're copying Spurs.

Talking of Spurs, I love the way that every single time any one of Newcastle, Villa or Everton is linked with a player, at a late point in proceedings, Spurs are said to have stepped in, and we're all supposed to act like Barcelona have just made an offer of twice as much and double the wages.

Eidur Gudjohnsen has got an unbelievably better football brain than Martins. He is a superb player.

Was about to say, Gudjohnsen is by far the better player.

You're right tbh. Martins isn't as good yet, but he will be.

If it's Owen that's going - then it's good business. Gudjohnsen for Martins isn't wise imo; cos where Gudjohnsen's only got a couple years left at his best, Martins is yet to achieve it. But we're not going into that again.

We're copying Spurs.

Talking of Spurs, I love the way that every single time any one of Newcastle, Villa or Everton is linked with a player, at a late point in proceedings, Spurs are said to have stepped in, and we're all supposed to act like Barcelona have just made an offer of twice half as much and double half the wages, but are getting him anyway. On account of being Barcelona (Spurs).

FYP.

Is there any conformation that Sam and Freddie have gone to Barcelona?

I find it incredible that Fred would fly anywhere so soon after a punctured lung.

Not that Shepherd.

which shepherd then?

http://oneyearbibleimages.com/jesus_shepherd.jpg

Aye I think we'd need his help to land Eidur.