Allardyce: Brede Hangeland not a player looked at

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Slagter_Palle

Both Brede Hangeland and Atiba Hutchinson are nowhere near good enough for NUFC. I would be very unhappy if Big Sam signed any of these players.  And fortunately I think he won't.

Calling Atiba Hutchinson "a football genius" is a disgrace to football.

Guest keego_nufc

Have you ever seen Atiba play? 

I doubt it.  The guy is the real deal.

HE IS BEING CHASED BY STUTGART AND WERDER BREMEN

2 clubs alot better then NUFC.  So "nowhere near good enough for NUFC" is a pretty dumb comment. 

Have you ever seen Atiba play? 

I doubt it.  The guy is the real deal.

HE IS BEING CHASED BY STUTGART AND WERDER BREMEN

2 clubs alot better then NUFC.  So "nowhere near good enough for NUFC" is a pretty dumb comment. 

He would never, ever, be in their starting line-up if it wasnt an emergency

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SwissMagpie

From the BBC Gossips:

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce wants Norwegian centre-half Brede Hangeland from FC Copenhagen. (Various)

SAM ALLARDYCE wants Norwegian centre-half Brede Hangeland to shore up his Newcastle defence.

He hopes to land the 6ft 4in defender in the next few days and will pay FC Copenhagen about £2.3million.

Hangeland, 26, has been looking to move to England but was overlooked by the likes of Everton.

However, Allardyce thinks he can be a major addition to the St James' Park squad.

The Toon boss has already landed Czech Republic ace David Rozehnal and has England Under-21 star Stephen Taylor available, but he wants Hangeland to fight for a place.

Hangeland, born in America, can double up as a defensive midfielder, but Newcastle want him as a powerful solution to their old problems at the back.

Norway international Hangeland's natural leadership skills made him skipper of FC Copenhagen, where he has been a regular for two seasons.

He is under contract until September 2009, but Copenhagen will let him leave for the right money and Newcastle are negotiating.

And Allardyce's agents already have been in touch with the player's camp to push the move along and it should be done in the next few days.

From the BBC Gossips:

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce wants Norwegian centre-half Brede Hangeland from FC Copenhagen. (Various)

SAM ALLARDYCE wants Norwegian centre-half Brede Hangeland to shore up his Newcastle defence.

He hopes to land the 6ft 4in defender in the next few days and will pay FC Copenhagen about £2.3million.

Hangeland, 26, has been looking to move to England but was overlooked by the likes of Everton.

However, Allardyce thinks he can be a major addition to the St James' Park squad.

The Toon boss has already landed Czech Republic ace David Rozehnal and has England Under-21 star Stephen Taylor available, but he wants Hangeland to fight for a place.

Hangeland, born in America, can double up as a defensive midfielder, but Newcastle want him as a powerful solution to their old problems at the back.

Norway international Hangeland's natural leadership skills made him skipper of FC Copenhagen, where he has been a regular for two seasons.

He is under contract until September 2009, but Copenhagen will let him leave for the right money and Newcastle are negotiating.

And Allardyce's agents already have been in touch with the player's camp to push the move along and it should be done in the next few days.

Lets hope so, obviously i don't know too much about the guy but i trust Big Sam's judgement and it's another defender in.

Can we stop this practice of changing thread names? This update is worth a new thread imo. It's been more than 10 days since we've heard news about the boy. Fuck me I'm bored of thinking a new thread's started then realizing that the first 5 pages is stuff that's over a week old.

Can we stop this practice of changing thread names? This update is worth a new thread imo. It's been more than 10 days since we've heard news about the boy. Fuck me I'm bored of thinking a new thread's started then realizing that the first 5 pages is stuff that's over a week old.

Surely it isn't that hard to get used to? Swiss posted the story in this topic and I thought it made sense to let people know that there had been new developments in the story, to allow people to have something new to read. Surely it takes one look at the first post of the thread to see that it's not a brand new thing and then you can just skip to the end to find where the new information has been put in?

Untangle thy knickers, good Sir.

Yeah,  this thread changing thing is taking recycling to a whole new bloody level.  Do we reduce our carbon footprint by not making so many threads?

Ummm,  yeah.  New defender maybe.  :thup:

Guest LucasUnger

get him in.

i don't care who he is. but he's taller than ramage and he can't be worse, can he?

Guest niina

get him in.

i don't care who he is. but he's taller than ramage and he can't be worse, can he?

Agree :)

He is Norwegian international (Norway recognize him, not just some random defender), he is the skipper for his club (he has some leadership), and he is on the right age (26). For £2.3million, just buy him.

Definitely better than Ramage, and probably also better than Taylor  :thup:

Guest LucasUnger

get him in.

Agree :)

He is Norwegian international (Norway recognize him, not just some random defender), he is the skipper for his club (he has some leadership), and he is on the right age (26). For £2.3million, just buy him.

Definitely better than Ramage, and probably also better than Taylor  :thup:

better than ramp - yep, but don't think he's better than taylor

Poor player and seems Sam is getting desperate.

I really doubt he is a poor player, and I'm sure he will be a similar signing to Rozehnal who has looked promising so far.

Hangeland is a Denmark international and has had regular champions league football with Copenhagen so he has played on the big stage and has good experience. For £2.3 million I will be happy to see him come in.

I bet people thought Ben Haim was a poor signing too when he joined Bolton ... let's give it a chance guys.

Guest SwissMagpie

Bring Hangeland and Curtis Davies.i think that a CB of Taylor,Hangeland,Rozhenal and Davies is good

Guest Moe-Ali

fm07 legend, turns into one of the best cb in the game

according to genie scout anyways, i am not good at analyzing fm attributes :(

Guest Moe-Ali

Poor player and seems Sam is getting desperate.

I really doubt he is a poor player, and I'm sure he will be a similar signing to Rozehnal who has looked promising so far.

Hangeland is a Denmark international and has had regular champions league football with Copenhagen so he has played on the big stage and has good experience. For £2.3 million I will be happy to see him come in.

I bet people thought Ben Haim was a poor signing too when he joined Bolton ... let's give it a chance guys.

Plays for norway mate, not denmark

Guest Guinness

I've never seen Hangeland play before so I can't really comment about his ability. However the fact that he's got 33 caps for his country and is tall make for promising reading. With time running out until the start of the season we need to get some defenders in.

Guest SwissMagpie

Would happy if our defence will include:

Carr,Baba,Curtis Davies,Hangeland,Rozhenal,Taylor,Baines/Taiwo,New Right back

well, hes a defender and must be better than bramble, so bring him in. tbh, even if we dont sign any more players I still think well do better thn last season!!

given                                                    harper krul

geremi taylor rozenhal solano              ramage, huntington, edgar, carr babayaro, duff 

milner barton emre nzogbia                butt, duff, 

owen viduka                                      martins ameobi caroll

we need more defenders but we can still do better than last season providing we dont get too many injuries (whats that you say- bartons out for 6 weeks?)

I hate this "he must be better than Bramble" stuff :lol: People said that about Gooch but he looked worse to me.

If we are bringing players in I want them to be much better than the ones who were deemed not good enough, not just a bit better.

I hate this "he must be better than Bramble" stuff :lol: People said that about Gooch but he looked worse to me.

If we are bringing players in I want them to be much better than the ones who were deemed not good enough, not just a bit better.

I don't see Allardyce bringing in players he hasn't already looked at.

I don't see Allardyce bringing in players he hasn't already looked at.

Of course, I have faith in Allardyce its just the whole "well he must be better than xxxx" when we are linked with any player that gets me.