Wayne Bridge

thedudeabides

I know i've posted this before but i don't really think we would face a lot of competition for his signing.

Aside from teams like Manchester City, West Ham, Sunderland and perhaps Villa i can't see anyone else going for him.

The top 5 all have quality left backs already with the possible excption of Arsenal, but they're not the kind of team to spend £8m on a full back.

Spuds have signed Bale, Liverpool have Riise and possibly Heinze, ManUre have Evra and Silvestre. Even West Ham and Villa have decent left backs but they seem to be making offers for everyone at the moment so i wouldn't rule them out.

If Bridge is available i'm sure we'll get him.

Guest maznislav

@Steven_MB

I don't think the Czech Republic is a second rate country, if you think about the popularity of their national team may be yes, but they do have a good a squad and many good players. Also, they were Euro Champ finalists in 96. When was the last time when England have played in the last stage of an international championship ?

Guest exilim

I know i've posted this before but i don't really think we would face a lot of competition for his signing.

Aside from teams like Manchester City, West Ham, Sunderland and perhaps Villa i can't see anyone else going for him.

The top 5 all have quality left backs already with the possible excption of Arsenal, but they're not the kind of team to spend £8m on a full back.

Spuds have signed Bale, Liverpool have Riise and possibly Heinze, ManUre have Evra and Silvestre. Even West Ham and Villa have decent left backs but they seem to be making offers for everyone at the moment so i wouldn't rule them out.

How about everton?

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Bridge would be a massive signing for us.

It speaks volumes that Chelsea fans want him in the side ahead of Cole these days. To get him here would be a real coup.

I don't see Mourinho letting him go though.

Even if they sign Drenthe?

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Paul Konchesky is a decent left-back?

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Nuno Valente is shite, Neville was one of the most consistent defenders in the league last term.

Guest Guinness

It speaks volumes that Chelsea fans want him in the side ahead of Cole these days. To get him here would be a real coup.

I don't think them signing Drenthe would make much of a difference to be honest. From what I've seen of him his talent lies in attacking football, if they sign him I'd imagine it would be to compete for a spot on the left wing.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

I don't think them signing Drenthe would make much of a difference to be honest. From what I've seen of him his talent lies in attacking football, if they sign him I'd imagine it would be to compete for a spot on the left wing.

Could well be, Robben looks on his way out Malouda coming in.

Guest samtoonarmy

Bridge would be a good signing. He is a very good left back and looking at our defence we need a left back, as everyone knows. I would love to see Bridge come in and I think we should even still offer the supposedly £8m that Chelsea are wanting. Baines is reportedly valued at £6m and I'd rather spend £8m on Bridge than £6m on Baines. However I wouldn't mind Baines coming in either  :D Overall I think Bridge would be a better player for us than Baines, but I wouldn't mind either of them personally. 

Guest NUFC4

please god is all i have to say would love a back line of

geremi, taylor, rozy, bridge, and hopefully the addition of another quality center back to compete with taylor and rozy so that ramage never has the opportunity to play again

Reports in the Dutch media are suggesting that if Chelsea buy Drenthe of Feyenoord they will loan him back for at least 1 season. If this is the case, Bridge would obviously not move down in the pecking order. Personnaly I can't see Chelsea letting him go and if he wants to move himself he will probably prefer to stay in London, as happened earlier when we were in for him and he decided to go on loan to Fulham..

Bridge might be a realistic signing. No player of quality likes playing seconnd fiddle, which is the case at Chelsea - to Ashley Cole. Might be worth keeping an eye on this one.

Rozenhal will be one of our top 3 centre halves next season along with Taylor and a new one.

I'd like to think the 2 you've mentioned are the back-up's to the 2 CH's we're hoping to sign.

I'm aiming for the stars mate.  :)

Think big, be big.  blueyes.gif

Rozenhal will be one of our top 3 centre halves next season along with Taylor and a new one.

I'd like to think the 2 you've mentioned are the back-up's to the 2 CH's we're hoping to sign.

We can't get two big star centre halves in this summer. We aren't a big enough attraction for them. We might be able to get one in. I'd be quite happy to get an experienced one in now like Campbell or Hyypia and maybe get a year or two out of them then possibly sign Woodgate when Boro go down (fitness depending)  blueyes.gif

Seriously though, Allardyce has said himself he wants 2 lefts backs and one more centre back as far as the defence goes. I can see him bringing in a proper right back as well if a good enough one is available. Rozenhal will not have come here to be a 4th choice centre back, and i think it would be a terrible decision to take Taylor out of the team now. I think he'll go into next season full of confidence and really step up a gear alongside some real defenders. I'm not wanting to start one of the Taylor debates though anyway. I would be looking for Campbell or Hyypia to slot in alongside him unless we can get a top defender in at his peak which i doubt.

We can't get two big star centre halves in this summer. We aren't a big enough attraction for them. We might be able to get one in. I'd be quite happy to get an experienced one in now like Campbell or Hyypia and maybe get a year or two out of them then possibly sign Woodgate when Boro go down (fitness depending)  blueyes.gif

Seriously though, Allardyce has said himself he wants 2 lefts backs and one more centre back as far as the defence goes. I can see him bringing in a proper right back as well if a good enough one is available. Rozenhal will not have come here to be a 4th choice centre back, and i think it would be a terrible decision to take Taylor out of the team now. I think he'll go into next season full of confidence and really step up a gear alongside some real defenders. I'm not wanting to start one of the Taylor debates though anyway. I would be looking for Campbell or Hyypia to slot in alongside him unless we can get a top defender in at his peak which i doubt.

Sorry, don't believe that for a second, mate.

We can offer the players a good wage and I'm assuming whoever we target can read, the possibility of genuine investment in the squad and the ambition to challenge the top 4. We're on the up and things are looking good financially - I'm pretty sure we could attract a canny standard of player to the club. 

Aye, probably. But if we get a right-back in Beye, aswell as an out-and-out centre-back, then it demotes Ramage to fifth choice. New CB, Taylor, Beye, Rozehnal, Ramage. Loving seeing Sam go for versatile players.