Roeder v Fat Sam

Guest TinoInHiding

Guest Gemmill

It's not just a matter of biterness.

Fat Freddy never saw Roeder as the long-term manager at our club. Roeder was eyeing some cracking signings but he wasn't supported in the transfer market. That was our downfall last season, especially after the New Year window. I rated Roeder highly there were just two outstanding issues.

- 88th and 89th minutes substitutions when we were losing.

- Lack of formation manoueverment.

Nice word.

:lol: Strategiary.

He is right on Sam asking for 5-years to get top six though.

Aye, if that actually was what Allardyce had asked for, i'd agree with you. But it's not - he asked for five years to be a trophy-winning side.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

If we can get Beye and Bridge I'd put serious money on us getting a UEFA Cup spot.

To be honest though we are good enough for a UEFA cup spot and I don't agree with Big Sam that we shouldn't get there this season.

I'm sure he is targetting it. His bare minimum is to improve on last season, that's all.

"The current squad finished last season well enough to be playing in Europe this season."
:lol:

"The world and his wife could see that Newcastle needed to strengthen its defence last season"
Apart from you then, Glenn.

Guest alex

What fucking planet is he on? Even when we had our 'good' run mid-season we weren't playing well enough to finish above mid-table.

"The current squad finished last season well enough to be playing in Europe this season."

Reckon he means the nil goals we scored at home since February?

He's talking about 05-06, which is why he refers to the one just gone as 'this season'.

He's talking about 05-06, which is why he refers to the one just gone as 'this season'.

They've spazzed the whole article up then:

Roeder was axed by chairman Freddy Shepherd before the end of last season

Guest alex

"His record now boasts two seventh-place Premiership finishes with West Ham and Newcastle, which places him among the most successful English managers of recent years. "

Talk about lies, damn lies and statistics.

Fat Freddy never saw Roeder as the long-term manager at our club. Roeder was eyeing some cracking signings but he wasn't supported in the transfer market. That was our downfall last season, especially after the New Year window. I rated Roeder highly there were just two outstanding issues.

Nice word.

Tactilytical.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Nice word.

Tactilytical.

Notching up quite a few non-contributive posts here.

Nice word.

Tactilytical.

Contribulations.

Guest sittingontheball

"His record now boasts two seventh-place Premiership finishes with West Ham and Newcastle, which places him among the most successful English managers of recent years. "

Aye, two sevenths is the same as Monkey Heed.

So far Big Sam has:

Told FFS it's his way or nothing

Done what the last 2 managers should have done in getting rid of Titus Bramble

Brought a new, proven modern era of management to the club

Brought in 4 quality signings without breaking the bank

Acted quickly in the transfer market so as not to lose out to other clubs

Sought to rid the club of it's injury epidemic

Yep, he's crap alright!

What on earth did Roeder hope to achieve? Muppet!

True. It seems like it's going to be a while before we stop getting people from the past popping up every now and again with their insight into what Newcastle fans want.

I personally think that the fans will give managers time. We always have. The difference is, Souness and Roeder was so obviously wrong from the start. There was nothing in their past, or the way they were taking the club to suggest anything other than going backwards. When its so obvious we are heading in the wrong direction, and the manager isn't good enough, then we become annoyed.

Guest ryunufc

To be honest though we are good enough for a UEFA cup spot and I don't agree with Big Sam that we shouldn't get there this season.

I'm sure he is targetting it. His bare minimum is to improve on last season, that's all.

true, i think he does not want to place himself and the players under unneccessary pressure.

True. It seems like it's going to be a while before we stop getting people from the past popping up every now and again with their insight into what Newcastle fans want.

Waddle keeps talking crap.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Nice word.

Tactilytical.

Contribulations.

Three.

Nice word.

Tactilytical.

Contribulations.

Three.

Another candidate for Captain Serious tbh.

Guest redmayne

i actually quite like this...

the guy was always a fucking prick as a player and as a manager and full of himself as both.....

he just keeps geting batter with age