Queudrue?

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's becoming increasingly clear that the cheap signings/freebies were not a coincidence. Either we're saving up for a big signing or the money simply isn't there and we're doing our best on a fairly limited budget.

Sam made it sound like he intends to keep Baba this week which suggests he will only buy one left back who will walk into the first 11. I don't want that left back to be Queudreu

I'm sure we have got money, Gudjohnsen is vey much a luxury signing

get the impression Allardyce is giving a lot of thought as to who he spends the big money on, still only 6th July

he did say he wanted 2 new LB's

as back-up, Quedrue is fine

I'd be  happy with Bridge and Queudrue, but Queudrue and Babayaro, I'd be very pissed off, especially if Geremi is on the other side.

When did he say he wanted two LB's? That came from someone on the forum didn't it? Sam's come out this week and basically said that Baba is staying so it seems highly unlikely we will sign two left backs.

Babayaro will be backup.

Allardyce probably said that for Baba's benfit in order to have a good look at him in training for a week or two, see if he does need the 2 new LB's

highly doubt it will be Quedrue and Babayaro, that will the rival the Carr-Ramage 'option' during Souness' last season

actually no, won't be half as bad, but still...

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/Messageboard.aspx?mode=thread&TopicID=17170

Fulham fans seem split, about 60-40 in favour of getting rid I reckon, there's a couple of other threads on him too. Seems to have gone downhill quite a bit since being at Boro. Not good enough for where we hope to be under Ashley.

:thup:, we can surely do better than him, and with Baba as a back-up, we dont need him.

Guest niina

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/Messageboard.aspx?mode=thread&TopicID=17170

Fulham fans seem split, about 60-40 in favour of getting rid I reckon, there's a couple of other threads on him too. Seems to have gone downhill quite a bit since being at Boro. Not good enough for where we hope to be under Ashley.

:thup:, we can surely do better than him, and with Baba as a back-up, we dont need him.

Or if he is intended to be the back-up left back (and we get rid of Babayaro), that's also good enough, as long as the good 1st choice left back is still in target (only change the back-up left back from Babayaro to Queudrue).

But probably that's not the idea, seen Allardyce still give Babayaro the chance...

Guest NUFC4

get the impression Allardyce is giving a lot of thought as to who he spends the big money on, still only 6th July

agreed, july 6th...well only the fifth where i'm from. i think things will be a little quite on the transfer front until the squad gets back from austria. the way i see it we are getting in at least 3 more players

Guest Darth Toon

Queudrue was a very good fullback for the smogs a couple of years back - seems to have faded a bit since (let's fact it, a move to Fulham isn't exactly going to fire your motivation), but he's only 28 so should be able to recapture that form in the right environment. Ticks the boxes on height and versatility as well.

I think Sam was saying not so long ago that he was after 2 left backs, so this presumably would just be one of them.

allardyce ain't stupid and wouldn't start the season with just quedrue as our left-back. if we get him, he's infinitely better than babayaro as a back-up, and then we can go out and get bridge or someone of that calibre. if he's back-up, then i say it would be a good buy. also, geremi is a great signing and if we can get beye to contest for the right-back spots, i think our full-back positions will be pretty healthy for the new season.

Guest Guinness

When did he say he wanted two LB's? That came from someone on the forum didn't it? Sam's come out this week and basically said that Baba is staying so it seems highly unlikely we will sign two left backs.

Babayaro will be backup.

Mort confirmed it in one of his interviews I think.

I pretty much agree with what's been said so far, would be very disappointed if Geremi and Queudrue are our starting full-backs next season, however as back up they're fine.

Guest David Kelly

I'll echo the feeling of others that if Queudrue and Gerermi are going to be our two starting fullbacks I would not be happy.  I wouldn't have been happy with that under Roeder and the fat man so I see no reason to be anything other than massively disapointed with it now.

Franck was one of the most underrated players in the Premiership a couple of years back. A real 100%er with a touch of skill and weighed in with plenty of goals for a defender too. Took his foot of the gas in the last year he was here, being swapped around between LB and CB with Pogatetz didn't help either and decided on a fresh start.

With young Taylor coming up with the goods regularly, we took a profit and sent him on his way with good wishes. Appears to have been on a downward trajectory since though.

I'd be surprised if he came - I think London has turned his head, his kids are in a French school down there and he'll either stay there or go back to France. He's always issuing "Come and Get Me" pleas to PSG (tm The Sun)

Good luck trying to reassemble the rest of the Boro 02/03 team. Malcolm Christie's free too!

I hear Schwarzer wants out as well? Seems like no one really wants to be at Boro.

Franck was one of the most underrated players in the Premiership a couple of years back. A real 100%er with a touch of skill and weighed in with plenty of goals for a defender too. Took his foot of the gas in the last year he was here, being swapped around between LB and CB with Pogatetz didn't help either and decided on a fresh start.

With young Taylor coming up with the goods regularly, we took a profit and sent him on his way with good wishes. Appears to have been on a downward trajectory since though.

I'd be surprised if he came - I think London has turned his head, his kids are in a French school down there and he'll either stay there or go back to France. He's always issuing "Come and Get Me" pleas to PSG (tm The Sun)

Good luck trying to reassemble the rest of the Boro 02/03 team. Malcolm Christie's free too!

I hear Schwarzer wants out as well? Seems like no one really wants to be at Boro.

Aye, quality rant from Schwarzer in the Gazette the other day.

agreed, july 6th...well only the fifth where i'm from. i think things will be a little quite on the transfer front until the squad gets back from austria. the way i see it we are getting in at least 3 more players

shit.....you're from yesterday ?  is there a bookies close ? later on if i send you this afternoons racing results we can clean up.

1.Its paper specualtion

2.Allardyce said he wants 2 left backs. Do you expect him to sign Bridge and Heinze as our left backs?

3.Its July 6th. Over a month and a half left of the window and we've already got 4 signings in. Potentially another 4 on the way and maybe even 5. I can't believe people are moaning about this.