Tevez agrees to join Manure?

Leazes1986

Guest eltsacwen

With Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs all spending big to sign strikers, the path is clear to go for Gudjohnsen. If he wants to come back to England then we are looking like his best option.

If Eidur comes. Michael, Oba, Mark or Shola has to go!

With Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs all spending big to sign strikers, the path is clear to go for Gudjohnsen. If he wants to come back to England then we are looking like his best option.

If Eidur comes. Michael, Oba, Mark or Shola has to go!

Hmmmm...now who would I want to leave us out of that quintet?

Why should anyone have to leave, Viduka wont play every game at his age and is missing the start of the season.

Owen, if he stays injury free and plays well, will more than likely be off.

Shola is Shola

Gudjohnsen could fit into our team possibly best in Midfield.

So I wouldnt say its a problem if we got him, he hardly seems interested though by all accounts.

lets not get carried away, sure they're gonna be good again next season but ANY team can be got at

it's why people in football consider england to be the most entertaining league in the world but not the best: teams opposing man u should be able to make it hard for them but largely don't have the tactical nouse to do it

man u can buy all the strikers they want but their season nearly came apart last year when they lost 2 defenders to injury....

if you put this man u team in italy they wouldn't win the league 'cause the italians would simply know how to beat them, like ac milan did this season

i think managers like fat sam, mourinho, wenger, benitez will show teams how to play them but most weeks they'll pretty much steamroller everyone else in the EPL - they'll lose in europe again unless their first choice defence stays fit and free of suspension

How long ago was it that Fergie was bitching about how much money Chelsea spent to buy the league?

Exactly, somehow it's only Mourinho that buys trophies. Forget the fact that Manure has bought the likes of Rooney, RVN, Ronaldo, Ferdinand and maybe now Tevez....etc over the years at prices that were beyond the reach of the top 4.

lets not get carried away, sure they're gonna be good again next season but ANY team can be got at

it's why people in football consider england to be the most entertaining league in the world but not the best: teams opposing man u should be able to make it hard for them but largely don't have the tactical nouse to do it

man u can buy all the strikers they want but their season nearly came apart last year when they lost 2 defenders to injury....

if you put this man u team in italy they wouldn't win the league 'cause the italians would simply know how to beat them, like ac milan did this season

i think managers like fat sam, mourinho, wenger, benitez will show teams how to play them but most weeks they'll pretty much steamroller everyone else in the EPL - they'll lose in europe again unless their first choice defence stays fit and free of suspension

Good point, very surprised they've spent so much wihtout strengthening their defence, obviously Hargreaves will give some protection but they are still lacking decent cover at the back.

Guest sharath

Good point, very surprised they've spent so much wihtout strengthening their defence, obviously Hargreaves will give some protection but they are still lacking decent cover at the back.

We have Pique and Evans coming back from loan.

Of all the youngsters you will see Evans is the best next season. He is stupendous to say little. He will be the manchester united backbone for the next 10 years. In another 2 years we will have another NI, cathcart who is another excellent prospect.

we don't need to spend on our defence because we are getting them from youth academy.

How long ago was it that Fergie was bitching about how much money Chelsea spent to buy the league?

Exactly, somehow it's only Mourinho that buys trophies. Forget the fact that Manure has bought the likes of Rooney, RVN, Ronaldo, Ferdinand and maybe now Tevez....etc over the years at prices that were beyond the reach of the top 4.

Alot of their money came from success whereas Chelsea just got a billionaire.

Alot of their money came from success whereas Chelsea just got a billionaire.

I don't disagree with that. I just think that it's a little hypocrital of Man United to spend this much, when they were whining so much a couple years back about how they couldn't compete with Chelsea's transfer budget. It's not a big deal to me how much money they spend, because that's part of today's game, and I do realize that they got a lot of their success due to players that came out of their youth system. It just turns me off of them even more that they always seem to think they should be held at a different standard.

Of all the youngsters you will see Evans is the best next season. He is stupendous to say little. He will be the manchester united backbone for the next 10 years. In another 2 years we will have another NI, cathcart who is another excellent prospect.

we don't need to spend on our defence because we are getting them from youth academy.

righto pal

one lad who played for the mackems (stifling laughter) last season and someone who's never even played

they're gonna go out and stand up to the likes of milan, inter, chel$ki, barca and real are they if ferdinand and vidic are out

todays word is: unbalanced

Guest sharath

righto pal

one lad who played for the mackems (stifling laughter) last season and someone who's never even played

they're gonna go out and stand up to the likes of milan, inter, chel$ki, barca and real are they if ferdinand and vidic are out

todays word is: unbalanced

one who played a full season at real zaragoza who almost clinched a champions league spot and if you are watching right now ( under 20 championship ) is looking stupendous.

another one is evans. any mackem ( how much you dislike him ) will tell you how good evans is.  Already a starter for NI and playing out of position ( left back ) snuffed out torres ( the new saviour of liverpool ). 

we are giving youth the chance.  Thats always our tradition.

Manure have consistently produced young talent. That said I really doubt Ferguson is stupid enough to put all his eggs in one basket and rely completely on youth. For now he has a good mixture though.

The likes of Evans and Pique will be blooded fully in the manure side this season, if they dont make the grade they will be soon shipped out.

Guest sharath

Manure have consistently produced young talent. That said I really doubt Ferguson is stupid enough to put all his eggs in one basket and rely completely on youth. For now he has a good mixture though.

The likes of Evans and Pique will be blooded fully in the manure side this season, if they dont make the grade they will be soon shipped out.

correct. Giving chance tto the youth is the main aim.  if they make the grade, you are in great profit. they will be loyal, they will understand the fans and the tradition of the club. people like evans and cathcart are both born united fans ( NI ), have the british grit and understand what united is all about. 

I saw evans in last years pre season tournament. His eyes were gleaming with joy as he was in the starting line up wearing the united shirt.

correct. Giving chance tto the youth is the main aim.  if they make the grade, you are in great profit. they will be loyal, they will understand the fans and the tradition of the club. people like evans and cathcart are both born united fans ( NI ), have the british grit and understand what united is all about. 

I saw evans in last years pre season tournament. His eyes were gleaming with joy as he was in the starting line up wearing the united shirt.

bringing tears to my fucken eyes man....

Who is this fucking United you speak of???  Drives me insane when you cunts/media refer to yourselves as "United". 

Hmm, this may yet all be bollocks. I think the same Premier League panel which kept West Ham up also found that the only owners of his registration they were prepared to recognise were West Ham. Lets wait and see what develops shall we?

Guest gggg

Owing the player and owning the players registration are not the same thing. That's where the 3rd party issue comes into it. Tevez is no more a West Ham player now than I am.

Guest gggg

No, MSI own his contract which means they have the final say on where they sell him too West Ham or whoever only own his registration to play in the league, unless they buy him outright. Basically he was on loan from MSI to West Ham last season.

Guest sharath

bringing tears to my fucken eyes man....

sarcasm mate? tell me what was wrong in what i said?

Who is this f****** United you speak of???  Drives me insane when you c***s/media refer to yourselves as "United". 

it was always used for manchester united.  whether you liked it or not.

its like city is always used for manchester city.

its like real which is always used for real madrid.

its like milan which is always used for AC Milan.

Meh. Never rated him anyway...

:tumbleweed:

TBF, they are £800m in the red, and the ticket prices are going up 30% a season, and the mugs have to buy tickets for all cup games whether they can attend or not.

And Anderson and Nani have done f*** all between them in the U21s/Copa.

And Darren Fletcher is still there.

[/bitter blue]

I do not in any circumstance think it will be as easy as you lot think for them to win it!

Guest Gemmill

The whole buying the title thing is bollocks however you look at it imo.  Chelsea/Man United/whoever - if you want to win the league in this day and age, you need to spend huge to do it.  I do however think that Man United generating the cash on a foundation of sustained success over the last however many years in order to make huge signings, is a lot different to Abramovich turning up, bailing out a virtually bankrupt club, and then bankrolling huge signings while the club operates on astronomical losses.

The whole buying the title thing is bollocks however you look at it imo.  Chelsea/Man United/whoever - if you want to win the league in this day and age, you need to spend huge to do it.  I do however think that Man United generating the cash on a foundation of sustained success over the last however many years in order to make huge signings, is a lot different to Abramovich turning up, bailing out a virtually bankrupt club, and then bankrolling huge signings while the club operates on astronomical losses.

Correct, two VERY different things.

Manchester's (hate-em!!) is an enviable achievement as a result of good management, the other is virtually 'fraud' on our great game. To illustrate this, Chelsea and Leeds were in exactly the same position (the figures were almost identical) at exactly the same time - one went the 'natural' way as a result (deservedly) of their own incompetence - the other . . . .  ?

There is no comparison, at all, between the Manchester United and Chelsea spending situations - it amazes me (constantly) how some people cannot (refuse to?) see this at all.