Raul top target for Toon - NotW.

Optimistic Nut

Guest sicko2ndbest

I respect what Raul has done for Real Madrid, his record speaks for itself.

However

- Raul looks 'leggy' in the spanish league which is much slower than ours

- His heart is in Madrid.

- Morientes who was better geared up for Premiership demands, failed.

- No Spanish striker has ever been a great success in the premiership

- Would only work well with Viduka, limiting options

- Best days are past him. Even the Madrid fans agree with that

- Wages would be extortionate

Gudjohnson v Raul - no contest - Gudjohnson every time

Guest carlie

I wouldnt want us singing Raul, he is a great player and all, but he has been stuck at Real for too long. He would feel like another Kluivert signing.....

Gudjohnson best postion last year was a sub. He is decent enough but lets not get carried away.

If Raul was available & it was felt he could make an huge impact in the Prem then I would of expected Rafa B to be after him.

why would they leave Madrid and Barcelona to play for Newcastle United? Raul would be the higher possibility because hes old but deco is still young and has a even bigger future of trophys at Barcelona

if he came to england it would be for a big ammount of money and to arsenal,chelsea,liverpool, not man utd they have signed enough midfielders

why would they leave Madrid and Barcelona to play for Newcastle United? Raul would be the higher possibility because hes old but deco is still young and has a even bigger future of trophys at Barcelona

if he came to england it would be for a big ammount of money and to arsenal,chelsea,liverpool, not man utd they have signed enough midfielders

Raul is a mammoth 2 months older. Obviously the definition of old is somewhere in those 2 months.

Nearly as funny as when my friend thought Sidwell was 34.

I'd rather bring in the new slim line Ronaldo than Raul.

Raul isn't world class anymore, and hasn't been for years. Too slow for the EPL now, cemented in Madrid, would cost a bomb in wages and high transfer fee and we don't really even need a forward.

Wrong move for Newcastle, not that i think for one minute he'd want to come here.

Deco is the kind of player we need, but i just don't think he'd suit our team at all. Both players for me are very good, but completely the wrong types for Newcastle. Would much prefer D'Alessandro over Deco.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Spooky, I did (sarcastically) say we should go for Deco in the 'Who would you buy now?' thread.

bluelaugh.gif Raul and Deco? Some how I don't think that's too likely.

Its f****** stupid.

We should go for premiership proven players like Terry and Drogba!

When Drogba has done it for 5 years in the Premiership i'll then consider him proven.

Guest Verlaine

Raul isn't world class anymore, and hasn't been for years. Too slow for the EPL now, cemented in Madrid, would cost a bomb in wages and high transfer fee and we don't really even need a forward.

Wrong move for Newcastle, not that i think for one minute he'd want to come here.

Deco is the kind of player we need, but i just don't think he'd suit our team at all. Both players for me are very good, but completely the wrong types for Newcastle. Would much prefer D'Alessandro over Deco.

I'd rather Diego, but neither are ever going to happen.

I'd rather Diego, but neither are ever going to happen.

I would rather Ronaldinho, but all 3 are never going to happen.

Guest gggg

Raul is nowhere near the player he was and i'm not suprised, he was in the Real Madrid first team at 17 and by the age of 26 he was the top scorer in the champions league history, top scorer in Spains history and the 3rd top scorer in Real Madrids history. Basically a whole careers worth by his mid twenties...

The best striker in the world back when Real were a proper football club but he's past it now by a few years.

I love all the "it'll never happen" and "he'll never come here" comments, so many have felt the need to say in this thread!

Such confidence!

Hopefully the club will move forward over the next few years, in a way that will render such heartfelt comments as being old fashioned and obsolete.

Guest Verlaine

I love all the "it'll never happen" and "he'll never come here" comments, so many have felt the need to say in this thread!

Such confidence!

Hopefully the club will move forward over the next few years, in a way that will render such heartfelt comments as being old fashioned and obsolete.

And, maybe, over the next few years, we'll actually, say, be in Europe. This may help.

Guest firetotheworks

Such confidence!

Yeah, but were talking about now, I have confidence in us, but not in us getting deco for gods sake. I hope they'll be oscolete too in a few years. Cant believe this threads up to 4 pages already about a story in the news of the world. It may as well have been written on tribal football.

Such confidence!

Why would either club sell and why would either player come to us when they would most likely have lot bigger clubs after them.

Plus West Ham are in London and would probably offer them £150k a week each!

Such confidence!

Why would either club sell and why would either player come to us when they would most likely have lot bigger clubs after them.

Plus West Ham are in London and would probably offer them £150k a week each!

Because Real Madrid & Barcelona are in a position where they can buy younger and arguably better versions of those two. Newcastle aren't. The two of them might see it as a new challenge as well.