Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Sky Sports News: Arsene Wenger is one of only a few managers who resisted the temptation to dip into the transfer market

Well i think that few has now become less tbh  :idiot2:

You happy with your buys this summer Ash?

Sky Sports News: Arsene Wenger is one of only a few managers who resisted the temptation to dip into the transfer market

Well i think that few has now become less tbh  :idiot2:

You happy with your buys this summer Ash?

Very,

we have traded Mart Poom for the up and coming Polish goal keeper Fabianski who according to the poles is their best and is destined for good things

the Bacary Sagna signing seemed a strange one, but now i have seen him play it was more a signing Arsene Couldnt refuse very composed very efficent and quiet in what he does, just gets the job done!

Havard Nordveit has also been brought in for 2 million£ he is just 17 i think and has instantly been named as reserve captain and he is apparently a very good prospect, again a player i hadn't seen anything of, and still havent but i have heard a few interviews of his and he seems really mature i think he could be one to look out for in the Carling Cup

Then Lassana Diarra, i hate the saying "the next..." or them kind of comparisons, and i think the underlining reason brought Diarra in is he is a prospect that cant be refused, he is a very similar player to Makelele who i feel has been one of the best in his position for years and diarra will have learnt well from him, he looks a good tidy player and is Gilberto's understudy now and hopefully will one day take over from him. He is also versatile which is good! A note i missed on Diarra was that he turned us down previously to go to Chelsea, bad idea Lassana, but a good man always admits his mistakes!

and Eduardo, he has shown glimpses of what he can do in pre season and his early matches, showing us a super finish against prague, i think he is the kind of Goal getter we need and he also comes into the game further in field to collect and distribute the ball, he has linked up well with adebayor and van persie, and when he switched to the wing against prague he did show us more of what he can do, although he has seemed like he can be knocked off the ball easily, i think he will have  a big future.

I think in all its a very Arsene transfer window, sold experience and got rid of the wage bill and brought in necessary replacements and i, for one, am very happy.

although henry has gone i think his heart wasnt at the club last season and we managed without him most of the time, i think the team has a good buzz about it since he has left (i am not saying he was a moral poisoner, im just suggesting it). If at the start of the summer you told me henry would leave i would say NO, i would keep the squad how it was, but now i am very happy and see a good bunch of happy, eager, enthusiastic players who are bound to bring success to the club. I would say block me if we dont win a trophy this year, but i see you remember these things from the Roeder being here on Sept the 1st thing :p

Very Happy in all, and now i am going bed to do a bit of reading!

Meh...we've not bought anyone since that mad day when we bought 4 players in about 20 minutes...was hoping for someone to knock me socks off but c'est la vie...theres no money tree growing in the centre circle at CoMS. Still pretty happy with our team, Isaksson is training again, we're sorted really. Think we could have done with an upgrade on Hamann and I'm not entirely convinced that Ireland is good enough to fire us into UEFA contention but I don't believe there was any urgent need to go out and buy someone. We're sexy enough as it is for now.

Could do with GK not related to Dracula, Patrick Vieira Jr and Diego next year tho...  :shifty:

I think Sven has made the most imaginative purchases this window.

Most imaginative? Uh huh. Him and his contacts have really turned up some gems...Elano, Bianchi...class...and Garrido for £1.5m...and we didn't even have the courtesy to wear a mask. Robbed em on that one. I'm over the moon with what Sven has turned us into with all these new faces. Sexy as owt. And against all expectations of stodgyiness. I'm just a little spoiled...going into the season all I wanted was survival and entertainment...but the season has started so well I wanted more more more. Ah well. :laugh:

I think Gelson Fernandes will eventually take over from Hamann. Also, Ireland will most likely be displaced by Geovanni on a more regular basis.

He's got a long way to go. Apparently he was outstanding for Switzerland when they beat Holland last week but whenever I've seen him for City he's looked hot headed. Chasing the ball, giving away silly fouls...and I don't think Geovanni is that good. I think we can do better than both him and Ireland long term if we want to really challenge.

Football Focus reckon Diarra went for £2m!  :kasper:

I can't believe Chelsea let him go to direct competition for that little

Mourinho is a very astute judge of players mind. Probably didn't rate him so highly. Strange I know.

Does Arteta not play in central midfield?

Not since about 2004

Really? Blimey. That shows how much attention I pay. Does he play on the wing then? Which one? :lol:

Right and left. Probably more often on the left, though him and Osman often swap during matches.

Fulham got mugged in the Roseniar deal and arse have got a quality player in Diarra.

Yep. Rosenior is a promising young fullback, very good going forward. Not that solid defensively but that might well come with experience. Seol Ki-Hyeon is really awful. Perfect example of a player living off a few eye-catching goals.

Mourinho is a very astute judge of players mind. Probably didn't rate him so highly. Strange I know.

But then so is Wenger, funny transfer that.

Not since about 2004

Really? Blimey. That shows how much attention I pay. Does he play on the wing then? Which one? :lol:

Right and left. Probably more often on the left, though him and Osman often swap during matches.

Fulham got mugged in the Roseniar deal and arse have got a quality player in Diarra.

Yep. Rosenior is a promising young fullback, very good going forward. Not that solid defensively but that might well come with experience. Seol Ki-Hyeon is really awful. Perfect example of a player living off a few eye-catching goals.

Around this time last year Seol was an amazing player and someone we should have got instead of Martins :lol:

Not since about 2004

Around this time last year Seol was an amazing player and someone we should have got instead of Martins :lol:

There has to be summat not right with Diarra or Mourinho would never have let him go to Arsenal.

Not since about 2004

There has to be summat not right with Diarra or Mourinho would never have let him go to Arsenal.

Couldn't offer him a first team slot. They have 100s of Center Mids.

Not since about 2004

Chelsea who have been known to buy players they don't really need to stop the competition getting them wouldn't have let this happen. They have clearly judged him as not much of a threat.

Not since about 2004

Chelsea who have been known to buy players they don't really need to stop the competition getting them wouldn't have let this happen. They have clearly judged him as not much of a threat.

It will bite them in the arse I hope.

Not since about 2004

His contract was running out on the last year i think, and he had said he didnt want to stay at Chelsea, i think that there was no real choice, get some money now or none later