Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

City sign former Barcelona player Geovanni on a free. 1 year deal. Been on trial at Portsmouth, scored 1 made 1 the other day apparently.

I'm not sure how good he is but there are 3 good things about this deal:

1) We've signed someone I've heard of  ???

2) We've signed a brazillian :celb:

3) Harry has probably got the hump  :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geovanni_Deiberson_Mauricio

"Super Talent"

Is he the one who scored against us for Barca in 1997-8? Must be getting on a bit.

He's only 28

So its not the giovanni who played for Barca then Olympiakos then?

He must be about the same age as Rivaldo.

Ps: Citeh also bought the wrong Fernandes, who next Scott Shearer?  mackems.gif

Marcus Bent ;)

Why have Aston Villa signed Goomba?

A 27 year old West Ham reject is hardly the sort of player that is going to get them in the top 6.

Every team needs a shola ameobi-a-like. Offers them something different to what they have I suppose, although in this case it isnt really a good something different.

MON speaking at the press conference couldn't have made it any clearer that he is a squad signing. I guess he'd be a decent stand in for Carew when he's out, and the best way to look at him is a "get an extra body in" replacement for Chris Sutton - another option to bolster a threadbare attack.

If i thought he was going to be our only striker signing, I'd be gutted (don't get me wrong, though, he's shit), but he won't. Assuming MON doesn't think Agbonlahor is ready to step up to the plate this season and play up front all year.

Although Ill tell you this for nothing, Luke Moore could have a big, big season this year.

A 27 year old West Ham reject is hardly the sort of player that is going to get them in the top 6.

Every team needs a shola ameobi-a-like. Offers them something different to what they have I suppose, although in this case it isnt really a good something different.

MON speaking at the press conference couldn't have made it any clearer that he is a squad signing. I guess he'd be a decent stand in for Carew when he's out, and the best way to look at him is a "get an extra body in" replacement for Chris Sutton - another option to bolster a threadbare attack.

I'm sure Harewood was thrilled when he heard that. :lol:

MO'N = "He's here as a stand-in for Carew..."

Harewood = "Eh? That's not what my agent said on the phone."

If i thought he was going to be our only striker signing, I'd be gutted (don't get me wrong, though, he's s***), but he won't. Assuming MON doesn't think Agbonlahor is ready to step up to the plate this season and play up front all year.

Although Ill tell you this for nothing, Luke Moore could have a big, big season this year.

I like Harewood as a squad player tbh.  You won't get a lot of technical ability but you're guaranteed 90 minutes of all out effort and he's not scared to take a shot on, an older version of Leroy Lita.  A sound buy imho.

for 4 millions? I think it is steep for a squad player. If the people complain so much about 5m on Chopra, a major signing for Sunderland, then 4m for Harewood is quite expensive.

But if you have the money you might as well spend it. You won't bring success by keeping it in the bank.

Danny Rose had his medical Tuesday and will finish off the loose ends in the morning.  The agreed compensation to Leeds is £300k.

Spurs have bid £10.5m for SWP, Chelski are ok with that but want some add-ons for CL football.  Spurs hopeful a deal can be done and completed by Friday (if SWP can get back in that time from USA).  Agreement apparently in place for Martin Petrov.  Sounds like it will only happen if SWP falls through.  All gone quiet with Kevin Prince Boateng, big doubts about whether the Ghetto Kid is the right player to go for.

In the exit column, Mido and Ghaly will definitely be gone, where to isn't decided yet.

Murphy - 2 small offers, Levy wants more.

Gardner - 2 offers on the table, both of which are now accepted.  Up to Snoop where he goes, medicals permitting.

Who is going to play on the left? SWP or Lennon?

No idea tbh.  Sounds like Berbatov and Bent are working really well together in training so assuming they are the preferred strike partnership, Keane just behind/on the left, maybe sharing the job with Taarabt?  Alternatively, could be Bale playing ahead of YPL (depending on the style of the opposition).  If SWP falls through and they go with Petrov, then the answer is easy.

Depends really on who goes out the door as well but there are a lot of options open to Jol at the present time.

What is it with Spurs that they have to sign Bent for such a massive amount of money when they have Berb, Defoe and Keane?

They want shot of Defoe is why.

I dont understand why they do though unless he is unsettled, i mean hes a pretty good back up for Berb and Keane.

What is it with Spurs that they have to sign Bent for such a massive amount of money when they have Berb, Defoe and Keane?

They want shot of Defoe is why.

I dont understand why they do though unless he is unsettled, i mean hes a pretty good back up for Berb and Keane.

Keane and Defoe don't work well together, so that meant it was going to be Berbatov + 1 other all season long............ and if Berbatov got injured............

Something had to change.  It doesn't mean JD is poor, just doesn't offer as much variety as Keane.

Steven Pienaar on loan to Everton according to the papers today

I remember he was hyped up a couple of years ago, anyone seen him recently?

Is he still at Dortmund?

for 4 millions? I think it is steep for a squad player. If the people complain so much about 5m on Chopra, a major signing for Sunderland, then 4m for Harewood is quite expensive.

But if you have the money you might as well spend it. You won't bring success by keeping it in the bank.

Has Chopra kicked a ball in the Premiership though? I think Chopra at 5m actually makes Harewood look cheap.

In Harewood's credit, he has said today that at Wigan he would have been pretty much guaranteed a starting spot, whereas MON made it clear he'd have to fight for his place, but it was a bit of a no-brainer choice to make.

I can also see the logic that if Carew gets injured, then he gives us another "bustling" option, which is something we wouldn't get from Gabby or Luke Moore (or Defoe if we were to sign him).

I'm kind of coming round to the idea.

Guest TyneToPlay

Danny Rose had his medical Tuesday and will finish off the loose ends in the morning.  The agreed compensation to Leeds is £300k.

Rose has been hijacked by Liverpool.  :lol: Thank god for that, the spudswere getting too many good youngsters. 

Has Chopra kicked a ball in the Premiership though? I think Chopra at 5m actually makes Harewood look cheap.

In Harewood's credit, he has said today that at Wigan he would have been pretty much guaranteed a starting spot, whereas MON made it clear he'd have to fight for his place, but it was a bit of a no-brainer choice to make.

I can also see the logic that if Carew gets injured, then he gives us another "bustling" option, which is something we wouldn't get from Gabby or Luke Moore (or Defoe if we were to sign him).

I agree, if both were available for the same money I would opt for Harewood, let alone keeping back £1m for a rainy day.  Harewood would work well with any of your current strikers imho, not something I could honestly say about Chopra.

I agree, if both were available for the same money I would opt for Harewood, let alone keeping back £1m for a rainy day.  Harewood would work well with any of your current strikers imho, not something I could honestly say about Chopra.

TBH, you are both talking shite.

Chopra is by far a better footballer and striker than Harewood, and always will be. He isn't thick as mince for starters, and will keep on improving. Both players have bags of determination and Chopra will also work all day, and has a point to prove only he can score goals (and has proven at all levels where he's had a chance) and has shown that last year, the only thing Harewood has on Chopra is physical presence and tbf to Chopra, Harewood hasn't got the first clue how to use it.

Utter dog shite signing, easily more laughable than paying £5m for Chopra, no fee should ever be involved for a player of Harewood's quality.