Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

I haven't forgotten the last Italian left back we brought in off the back of his under 21 performances.

FWIW I still think we'll sign Wayne Bridge, even though he's injured for the start of the season.

I thought he was out for longer than just the start?

2-3 months from mid July.

2 months takes us to the middle of September meaning he'll miss Bolton, Villa, Wigan and Boro.

It'll be worth missing him short term for the long term benifit having a player like that will mean.

Tend to agree, but not sure we'd sign someone that injured.

Well we re-signed Solano when he was injured and he didn't play until October iirc.

Touché. I'd be delighted with signing him anyway.

They got there link from that Italian paper gazette de sport or something.

You really believe anyone who works on fans fc speaks Italian. They hardly understand English man  :laugh2:

If it's even remotely true, i'd imagine it'll just be some story that mentions his trial with us the other year. AUTO-LINK!

I can't see anything about Coco on the Gazetta website.

However they are reporting that the rags want Juve to sell Chiellini to City so they can sell Heinze to Juve and the dippers end up with neither :laugh:

Also linking the "deeply disappointing" Boumsong with Valencia.

And for anyone who doubts the Sven factor, one of their lead stories is about Sven tipping a waiter £100. :idiot2:

Guest hagler

dident want to start a new thread so ill post here........harry redknapp's comments about niall quinn where absolute class on ssn tonight...made him (quinn) sound like a right tosser

dident want to start a new thread so ill post here........harry redknapp's comments about niall quinn where absolute class on ssn tonight...made him (quinn) sound like a right tosser

Haven't heard this. Is there a link?

Haven't heard this. Is there a link?

It was funny, i'll try find one.

Guest hagler

Harry Redknapp has hit back at Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn for accusing Portsmouth of inflating the transfer market.

Quinn singled out Portsmouth and West Ham as being the two main culprits in inflating transfer fees this season.

The Sunderland supremo's outburst has earned an angry rebuke from Redknapp who has told Quinn to keep his nose out of Portsmouth's affairs.

"That is nothing to do with Niall Quinn," Redknapp told Sky Sports 1.

"They offered the same money as we did for David Nugent. Have they got short memories or something?

"Did they pay too much for Chopra, only time will tell. Did they pay too much for the other players they brought in? That is not their business is it.

"They should concentrate on their own club and we will do the same.

"It is nothing to do with anyone else what does it have to do with anyone else what we do

"It is no one else's business how we run our football club."

Redknapp also ruled out the possibility of Sol Campbell leaving Fratton Park.

Campbell raised doubts over his long-term future at Pompey earlier this week by suggesting Portsmouth was unlikely to be his last club.

A number of clubs are thought to be keeping tabs on Campbell, but Redknapp insists the former Tottenham and Arsenal man is going nowhere.

"He is under contract we want to keep him and he is not going nowhere," added Redknapp.

"He is the backbone of our team. He is a magnificent player and he has been a great signing for us."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=479092&CPID=8&clid=56&lid=2&title=Harry+hits+back+at+Quinn&channel=football_home&

Guest Triglett

That's why 'Arry's only too 'appy to give his opinion on Spurs, our ambition and our transfers every other interview then?  :idiot2:

That's why 'Arry's only too 'appy to give his opinion on Spurs, our ambition and our transfers every other interview then?  :idiot2:

Redknapp is a stupid cunt

Every week he taps someone up in the press with the phrase of choice being "He's a good little player, I like him"

I don't think he has a right to question what anyone else says in the media

Redknapp is a stupid cunt

Every week he taps someone up in the press with the phrase of choice being "He's a good little player, I like him"

I don't think he has a right to question what anyone else says in the media

He does when it's Niall Quinn whining about having to pay players to make them come to his club.

How thin was David James looking in that match :lol:

That's exactly what I was thinking. He looks like he's taken that green shit he writes about all the time in the Observer to ludicrous levels and started eschewing meat, the stupid treehugger.

Redknapp is the biggest fucking hypocrite in football today (and there's some major competition).

A number of clubs are thought to be keeping tabs on Campbell, but Redknapp insists the former Tottenham and Arsenal man is going nowhere.

"He is under contract we want to keep him and he is not going nowhere," added Redknapp.

"He is the backbone of our team. He is a magnificent player and he has been a great signing for us."

But he's not stupid. Campbell is shit now. Blatantly trying to talk him up before selling him off to some mug for a profit.

Watching him play last season. Not fully; not every game; but enough. He looked sluggish and just a bit lost nearly every time I saw him. James had an outstanding season and was the only reason Portsmouth had any kind of decent defensive record last year.

Watching him play last season. Not fully;  not every game; but enough.

I was under the impression he and David James transformed their defence last season? He made Linvoy Primus look good ffs. :lol:

Guest Triglett

Just a thought, will Portsmouth have a strikeforce come the ACN? Utaka, Benjani, Lua Lua, Kanu...guess that leaves Nugent? Still, that's some blow to their squad.

Just a thought, will Portsmouth have a strikeforce come the ACN? Utaka, Benjani, Lua Lua, Kanu...guess that leaves Nugent? Still, that's some blow to their squad.

I think you ought to be more worried about losing Zokora for a month or so. Your central midfield isn't great as it is so who the hell partners Jenas for a month?

That 5th spot is looking unrealistic for Tottenham in my opinion.