Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

I can't f****** believe we haven't signed a centre mid

What a f****** joke

Can this season end now? We're going to achieve f*** all with no midfield so we might as well just call it a day now

When is Cahill back? Both Cahill and Neville are decent players. Carsley and Gravesen as backup. not that bad at all really.

Phil Neville is one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen in my life and I've seen some real shite play for Everton in the last 15 years

He's ok at right back, but in midfield... jesus wept. Carsley isn't up to it anymore either. Gravesen was poor in the SPL.

That leaves Cahill who is always injured and Jagielka who I like but isn't a world beater.

What a f****** joke

Can this season end now? We're going to achieve f*** all with no midfield so we might as well just call it a day now

When is Cahill back? Both Cahill and Neville are decent players. Carsley and Gravesen as backup. not that bad at all really.

Phil Neville is one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen in my life and I've seen some real shite play for Everton in the last 15 years

He's ok at right back, but in midfield... jesus wept. Carsley isn't up to it anymore either. Gravesen was poor in the SPL.

That leaves Cahill who is always injured and Jagielka who I like but isn't a world beater.

Was there anyone that you thought you were going to get but didnt or has Moyes not been very agressive in the market ?

What a f****** joke

Phil Neville is one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen in my life and I've seen some real s**** play for Everton in the last 15 years

Was there anyone that you thought you were going to get but didnt or has Moyes not been very agressive in the market ?

We missed out on Fernandes at the last minute then spent a week with £12m to spend, desperate for a centre mid and seemingly not doing anything (apart from the pathetic panic signing of Gravesen)

Our CEO was happy to let the fans be strung along when SSN asked him about specific players today though. Thanks for that Keith.

This looks a decent squad:

Scott Carson - GK

Thomas Sorensen -GK

Stuart Taylor - GK

Wilfred Bouma - LB

Steven O'Halloran - LB

Olof Mellberg - CB

Gary Cahill - CB

Curtis Davies - CB

Martin Laursen - CB

Zat Knight - CB

Gareth Barry - MF

Stiliyan Petrov - MF

Nigel Reo-Coker - MF

Craig Gardener - MF

Shaun Maloney - MF

Patrik Berger - MF

Isaiah Osbourne - MF

Ashley Young - MF

John Carew - STR

Luke Moore - STR

Gabriel Agbonlahor - STR

Marlon Fucking Harewood - STR

And I am genuinely happy. However, spot the woefully understaffed position in the above squad.

Not a single fucking right back at the club. His number one target isnt available till January, so he's going to wait. Madness.

What a f****** joke

Phil Neville is one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen in my life and I've seen some real s**** play for Everton in the last 15 years

We missed out on Fernandes at the last minute then spent a week with £12m to spend, desperate for a centre mid and seemingly not doing anything (apart from the pathetic panic signing of Gravesen)

Our CEO was happy to let the fans be strung along when SSN asked him about specific players today though. Thanks for that Keith.

Well the Diarra news for Arsenal came out of Nowhere so you never know. Still don't think things are that bad for you. Actually forgot about Jagielka. Yakubu will also make a big difference to your team overall, so the midfield won't be such a glaring weakness anyway. Actually think you guys look a very strong team right now.

Funny, our lot are all pointing at you as a decent example of a similarly sized club having a good window.

Mind you, Gravesen?

Scott Carson - GK

Thomas Sorensen -GK

Stuart Taylor - GK

Wilfred Bouma - LB

Steven O'Halloran - LB

Olof Mellberg - CB

Gary Cahill - CB

Curtis Davies - CB

Martin Laursen - CB

Zat Knight - CB

Gareth Barry - MF

Stiliyan Petrov - MF

Nigel Reo-Coker - MF

Craig Gardener - MF

Shaun Maloney - MF

Patrik Berger - MF

Isaiah Osbourne - MF

Ashley Young - MF

John Carew - STR

Luke Moore - STR

Gabriel Agbonlahor - STR

Marlon f****** Harewood - STR

And I am genuinely happy. However, spot the woefully understaffed position in the above squad.

Not a single f****** right back at the club. His number one target isnt available till January, so he's going to wait. Madness.

Do you want Carr?

Scott Carson - GK

Thomas Sorensen -GK

Stuart Taylor - GK

Wilfred Bouma - LB

Steven O'Halloran - LB

Olof Mellberg - CB

Gary Cahill - CB

Curtis Davies - CB

Martin Laursen - CB

Zat Knight - CB

Gareth Barry - MF

Stiliyan Petrov - MF

Nigel Reo-Coker - MF

Craig Gardener - MF

Shaun Maloney - MF

Patrik Berger - MF

Isaiah Osbourne - MF

Ashley Young - MF

John Carew - STR

Luke Moore - STR

Gabriel Agbonlahor - STR

Marlon Fucking Harewood - STR

Not a single fucking right back at the club. His number one target isnt available till January, so he's going to wait. Madness.

Bit lite on the full backs matey.. :razz:

Scott Carson - GK

Thomas Sorensen -GK

Stuart Taylor - GK

Wilfred Bouma - LB

Steven O'Halloran - LB

Olof Mellberg - CB

Gary Cahill - CB

Curtis Davies - CB

Martin Laursen - CB

Zat Knight - CB

Gareth Barry - MF

Stiliyan Petrov - MF

Nigel Reo-Coker - MF

Craig Gardener - MF

Shaun Maloney - MF

Patrik Berger - MF

Isaiah Osbourne - MF

Ashley Young - MF

John Carew - STR

Luke Moore - STR

Gabriel Agbonlahor - STR

Not a single f****** right back at the club. His number one target isnt available till January, so he's going to wait. Madness.

I thought you guys might have gone in for Rosenior. Mellberg was decent as a right back last season so he will most likely play there. Who was O'neill's top target then?

I thought you guys might have gone in for Rosenior. Mellberg was decent as a right back last season so he will most likely play there. Who was O'neill's top target then?

Mellberg is awful at right back, just dreadful, even though he plays there for Sweden. His "distribution" really gets shown up there, whilst at CB he can get away with it. Although Rosenior is shite too, and Hoyte is unconvincing.

Craig Gardener is doing his best, and is a hell of a player, just not at right back.

I think his main target was Bosingwa at Porto.

Scott Carson - GK

Thomas Sorensen -GK

Stuart Taylor - GK

Wilfred Bouma - LB

Steven O'Halloran - LB

Olof Mellberg - CB

Gary Cahill - CB

Curtis Davies - CB

Martin Laursen - CB

Zat Knight - CB

Gareth Barry - MF

Stiliyan Petrov - MF

Nigel Reo-Coker - MF

Craig Gardener - MF

Shaun Maloney - MF

Patrik Berger - MF

Isaiah Osbourne - MF

Ashley Young - MF

John Carew - STR

Luke Moore - STR

Gabriel Agbonlahor - STR

Do you want Carr?

I think I'll stick with the whitespace if that's OK ;)

Scott Carson - GK

Thomas Sorensen -GK

Stuart Taylor - GK

Wilfred Bouma - LB

Steven O'Halloran - LB

Olof Mellberg - CB

Gary Cahill - CB

Curtis Davies - CB

Martin Laursen - CB

Zat Knight - CB

Gareth Barry - MF

Stiliyan Petrov - MF

Nigel Reo-Coker - MF

Craig Gardener - MF

Shaun Maloney - MF

Patrik Berger - MF

Isaiah Osbourne - MF

Ashley Young - MF

John Carew - STR

Luke Moore - STR

Gabriel Agbonlahor - STR

Do you want Carr?

Haha. You should have kept hughes ;)

Scott Carson - GK

Thomas Sorensen -GK

Stuart Taylor - GK

Wilfred Bouma - LB

Steven O'Halloran - LB

Olof Mellberg - CB

Gary Cahill - CB

Curtis Davies - CB

Martin Laursen - CB

Zat Knight - CB

Gareth Barry - MF

Stiliyan Petrov - MF

Nigel Reo-Coker - MF

Craig Gardener - MF

Shaun Maloney - MF

Patrik Berger - MF

Isaiah Osbourne - MF

Ashley Young - MF

John Carew - STR

Luke Moore - STR

Gabriel Agbonlahor - STR

Do you want Carr?

:lol:

I think Diarra has gone to the right club, with Arsenal he should go all the way. Good signing for them, shame we missed out on him.

Quite a few central midfielders though? Fabregas, Gilberto, Flamini, Diaby, Denilson and Song.

Song is a waste of space take him out of the equation

Diaby can play as a support striker, which will come in useful when Adebayor goes to ACN  (i remember him playing there against villa and also playing well and scoring) diaby can also play left mid

Denilson can play a umber of positions including right mid and suport striker

Flamini is a very good, Parlour-esque, utility man

In essence our first two centre backs will be Fabregas and Gilberto

with cover from Diaby and Diarra

with Denilson and Flamini being utility men, or possibly playing a 4-5-1

Haha. You should have kept hughes ;)

That's the irony. I attended my first Villa match in 1974. Aaron Hughes is one of the most inept defenders I've ever seen at the club in that time, but even he was better at RB than Mellberg

Funny, our lot are all pointing at you as a decent example of a similarly sized club having a good window.

Mind you, Gravesen?

If they realise we spent £20m+ without addressing our biggest weakness then they'll see we did exactly the same as you

Just swap "centre mid" for "right back"

Meh...we've not bought anyone since that mad day when we bought 4 players in about 20 minutes...was hoping for someone to knock me socks off but c'est la vie...theres no money tree growing in the centre circle at CoMS. Still pretty happy with our team, Isaksson is training again, we're sorted really. Think we could have done with an upgrade on Hamann and I'm not entirely convinced that Ireland is good enough to fire us into UEFA contention but I don't believe there was any urgent need to go out and buy someone. We're sexy enough as it is for now.

Could do with GK not related to Dracula, Patrick Vieira Jr and Diego next year tho...  :shifty:

Meh...we've not bought anyone since that mad day when we bought 4 players in about 20 minutes...was hoping for someone to knock me socks off but c'est la vie...theres no money tree growing in the centre circle at CoMS. Still pretty happy with our team, Isaksson is training again, we're sorted really. Think we could have done with an upgrade on Hamann and I'm not entirely convinced that Ireland is good enough to fire us into UEFA contention but I don't believe there was any urgent need to go out and buy someone. We're sexy enough as it is for now.

Could do with GK not related to Dracula, Patrick Vieira Jr and Diego next year tho...  :shifty:

I think Sven has made the most imaginative purchases this window.

I think Gelson Fernandes will eventually take over from Hamann. Also, Ireland will most likely be displaced by Geovanni on a more regular basis.