Howay The Zog

Shak

Guest Invicta_Toon

this is unmitigated absolute bullshit

you think players have to sweet talk the manager for a starting place? you think Duff was enjoying the easy ride last season? do you think players are fucking stupid FFS? do you think they don't read newspapers?

do you laughingly presume to know what circumstances led to Roeder picking Duff over Zogbia? You knew exactly what mental state Zog was every weekend yeah? bollocks did you.

total shite tbh

How was Duff ever going to get any better when Roeder threw him straight back in the team, without any second thought?

Calm down, btw. ;)

I've no idea what you're even getting at here, is duff some kind of untried youth player?

Nope, he was tried and tested and utterly shit. N'Zogbia wasn't the only other option, he could have played Milner there. Or Emre, or even Pattison or Luque. Fact is, he didn't try (for any prolonged period, anyway). Duff barely had to do owt to earn his place in our side, even if he was playing badly, except win two Premiership titles a couple years back. The initial point was that. There was no competition for left-wing in Roeder's eyes so Duff barely had to push himself.

Glad you've cooled yourself. ;)

you'd be the first cunt creaming yourself if Duff was dropped at left back for a midfield player. Open your fucking eyes, it was Duff or the sulk, no fucking contest FFS, we already had midfielders filling in for other positions FFS, it's not rocket sience

I'd rather Allardyce tried to sort N'Zogbia out, than try to sort Duff out.

we need two LW's

and we need one who's actually proved himself in the premiership

Not if we're playing 4-3-3. And who cares if he's proved himself in the Premiership? He was abysmal last season and is on the downfall. And aye, he was s**** last season, but N'Zogbia's proved he can play in the Premiership aswell.

it's nowt personal, i'd love to argue with four people

lets be honest he hasn't proved himself in the premiership

:lol: I enjoy a good debate (wonder who'll be first to 'FYP' me), but i don't have a hope in hellers against four people who disagree with me. I'm just not intelligent enough. ;)

Proved himself isn't the term, but N'Zogbia's shown that he's definitely up to it when it comes to playing in the Premiership, as he was good in 04/05 and very good in 05/06. 'Proved himself' is probably one notch higher in the scale, but he's up to it. No question for me. Just needs some guidance.

He wasn't good in 04/05, Robert had a poor season but you could still see a drop in quality when N'Zogbia replaced him.

He's a young lad with pace and a few tricks, he has the potential to be a good player for us but he wasted a years worth of learning by having such a poor attitude, he could learn so much off a player like Duff just from watching him in training every day, he should see him as someone to aspire to instead of someone to sulk about.

The lad has potential but he could easily go the way of Ollie Bernard if he doesn't get his head right.

Guest Invicta_Toon

the fucking hilarity of even suggesting Luque or Pattison for the left wing. some selective memory at work here

this is unmitigated absolute bullshit

you think players have to sweet talk the manager for a starting place? you think Duff was enjoying the easy ride last season? do you think players are f****** stupid FFS? do you think they don't read newspapers?

do you laughingly presume to know what circumstances led to Roeder picking Duff over Zogbia? You knew exactly what mental state Zog was every weekend yeah? bollocks did you.

total s**** tbh

How was Duff ever going to get any better when Roeder threw him straight back in the team, without any second thought?

Calm down, btw. ;)

I've no idea what you're even getting at here, is duff some kind of untried youth player?

Nope, he was tried and tested and utterly s***. N'Zogbia wasn't the only other option, he could have played Milner there. Or Emre, or even Pattison or Luque. Fact is, he didn't try (for any prolonged period, anyway). Duff barely had to do owt to earn his place in our side, even if he was playing badly, except win two Premiership titles a couple years back. The initial point was that. There was no competition for left-wing in Roeder's eyes so Duff barely had to push himself.

Glad you've cooled yourself. ;)

Agree.

Fuck me I'd rather he tried Luque. (Who hhe seemed to have a personal vendetta against)

I must've seen a different Duff to the one you're talking about Yorkie. Fair enough, we both saw that he was shite most of the times, but I always saw him trying. Remember all the times he stood and literally screamed and shouted to get the ball just for it to be passed to someone else?

He might have been shite, but to say he didn't try is even more shite.

(To Shak's post)

Just feel that he's a player that we don't need (assuming we'll go 4-3-3 next season), never did, and would be a waste of time trying to sort his performances out when N'Zogbia has more going for him at this stage in his career. Plus, he'll undoubtedly be on big wages having come from Chelsea, and spends half his time on the injury table. He's injured till like December this season anyway! IF we could make a good chunk of our £5m back (and to be fair, i did say that in the first place), i'd be more than happy to snap Spurs' hands off.

Not that we would be able to sell him at this moment in time anyway...

If he stays, i'm not overly bothered; i've never actually started an i-want-him-out parade. Go back to my very first post and i said Sam needed to kick him up the arse, not Sam needed to boot him out. Just if someone comes in with a decent offer, i'd happily accept it.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Remember all the times he stood and literally screamed and shouted to get the ball just for it to be passed to someone else?

he doesn't tbh

Gotta admit, looking through, i've come out with some s*** in this thread like. :lol:

Meh. Atleast i can admit it.

At least you got a point and stick to it. Not post and change your argument halfway through because your posting something different to everyone else.

Duff was pointless in the respect we needed a defence.

:lol: Hey ho.

The argument with Vic was about Duff's performances not being helped by Roeder's favouritism towards him. That's something i'll still go with, it's probably got some truth to it, but then i suppose there probably wasn't any other realistic option than the Zog, so i can go in tandom with Vic in some respects.

Guest Invicta_Toon

i'm not tandeming with Yorkie whatever fucking happens

you pop your cherry the natural way like everyone else

Lets go.

IP ban

OT

I think Duff had favor as you say based purely on reputation and not performance. Much why several other underprerformers kept their positions in the team under Roeder.

Lets go.

IP ban

OT

I think Duff had favor as you say based purely on reputation and not performance. Much why several other underprerformers kept their positions in the team under Roeder.

But Zog's peformances were awful as well.

Lets go.

IP ban

OT

Both looked out of form but Duff still gave 100% effort whether on the wing, as fullback or up front.

It shows the difference between both plays attitudes.

Lets go.

IP ban

OT

Both looked out of form but Duff still gave 100% effort whether on the wing, as fullback or up front.

It shows the difference between both plays attitudes.

Suppose so.

Although I think Zogs attitude problems were down to Roed.

Zoggy has got it in his head that he's a great player who's been badly treated. In fact, he's a useful player who needs to improve if he's going to be a Premiership regular. That's why his career has stalled.

It's interesting that other clubs don't seem to be battering down the doors to take away a player who's clearly unsettled.

I have seen no pictures of the zog from our man in Austria

unconfirmed reports suggest he has been sold to Grasshopper Zurich, on the first day of training

ahhh..........look again.Iv seen lots of pics!

I think hes quality and if anyone can get him back on track sam can!

thats rubbish,why would he even think abt going there!