Sunderland sign Chopra. £5m!

Mr Logic

Bwahahahaha! Brilliant! £5 Million for an unproven premiership striker! Gussing he is going to be their main man for that price?! This is great. Good grafter, dont think he'll get more than 6 or 7 goals for them though.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

£5m is crazy money for Chopra, would be funny as if he turned them down!! lol

:'( :'(

I'm pretty disappointed about this if it comes off.  It's got nowt to do with him supporting Newcastle.  Afterall Lee Clark was my favourite player when he was here.  I just can't believe we are going to pay £5M for a Championship striker.  Rediculous money.  Plus I don't think he's good enough for the Premiership, which seems to be the general consensus on here.  Fair enough he scored 22 goals last season, but about 20 of them were before Christmas, what happened after then?  And Cureton got around 30 goals last season, should we sign him?  I think not, after all Mick McCarthy told him he wasn't good enough for us a few seasons back. 

He really impressed me when he played at the Stadium last season for Cardiff,  but not enough to suggest he was worth anywhere near £5M.  I was really hoping we would sign someone with Premiership experience for this season.  People like Hyypia, Henchoz and Andy Cole, or players like them, but instead we are doing what we always seem to do.  Buying the best for the Championship.

you got a link?! a fancy a laugh!

A link? A?  :lol:

lha ha fair enough. Got a few links?!

Try www.readytogo.net/smb

Shouldn't be too hard to find some amusement.  :)

£5 mill would ordinarily be WAY too much, but considering I think we've got a 25% sell on wedge comming, it's a great and fair price  :D

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'm not happy at the prospect of a former NUFC youth player scoring against us for the mackems

and i'm doubly not happy at not being able to hate him for it too, as he has every right to fuck this club over

I'm not happy at the prospect of a former NUFC youth player scoring against us for the mackems

and i'm doubly not happy at not being able to hate him for it too, as he has every right to f*** this club over

:lol:

Guest icemanblue

and i'm doubly not happy at not being able to hate him for it too, as he has every right to fuck this club over

One serving of doom and gloom, coming right up.

Don't think we've got a sell on clause mind like alot of people are suggesting.

heard that we do, hence the final fee is close to £5m, as Cardiff themselves wanted £3.5m.

Heard where, exactly? Not having a go, I'm just curious