Top stopper on way....

Guest DavB93

From the Sun:

Big Sam's Beye watch beauty

By ONLINE REPORTER

July 11, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

NEWCASTLE boss Sam Allardyce is poised to take his summer spending past £13million by swooping for Marseille skipper Habib Beye.

Big Sam quit the Toons Austrian training camp for talks with the Senegal ace, 29, over a £3.1m move.

Allardyce has been tracking the speedy right-back for more than six months and is confident of persuading the former Strasbourg star to join his Tyneside revolution.

Beye will be Newcastles fifth close-season signing, after Allardyce splashed out a total of £10m on Joey Barton, David Rozehnal, Geremi and Mark Viduka.

Toon deputy chairman Chris Mort said: Weve brought in four players and theres more money available.

That's bollocks because clearly he left the camp to buy Deco. Clearly. Clearly.

He didn't leave to speak to Deco cuz Deco is already in the bag innit.

:razz:

From the Sun:

By ONLINE REPORTER

July 11, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

NEWCASTLE boss Sam Allardyce is poised to take his summer spending past £13million by swooping for Marseille skipper Habib Beye.

Big Sam quit the Toon’s Austrian training camp for talks with the Senegal ace, 29, over a £3.1m move.

Allardyce has been tracking the speedy right-back for more than six months and is confident of persuading the former Strasbourg star to join his Tyneside revolution.

Beye will be Newcastle’s fifth close-season signing, after Allardyce splashed out a total of £10m on Joey Barton, David Rozehnal, Geremi and Mark Viduka.

Toon deputy chairman Chris Mort said: “We’ve brought in four players and there’s more money available.”

£3.1m, another bargain in my book. Hes a big, physical right back who has a bit of pace about him. Also him being captain of Marseille says big things about him, very happy with this signing (hopefully its nearly past the post!)

If so, then 2 LBs, at least 1 CB and an attacking mF left on the shopping list :D

Silvestre, Bridge, Hyypia and Deco please! Heinze would have been nice butmethinks he's got bigga fish to fry.

Wonder how long it'll be till Wiki notice this edit :lol: :

Habib Beye (born October 19, 1977 in Suresnes (France), is a Senegalese footballer, who currently plays for French League 1 giants Olympique de Marseille, he is the current captain of the Mediterranean club, since the start of the 2006/2007 season. He made substitute appearances in Senegal's matches in the 2002 FIFA World Cup, against Denmark, Uruguay and Sweden, and is a regular feature in the Senegalese starting line up.

He played for RC Strasbourg before moving to Marseille in what was considered a surprise move, because he was so settled at his old club and was a firm favourite there. He is one of the most accomplished defenders in France's top tier. His preferred position in which he currently plays is right back. He is also the captain of Marseille

His performances this season have alerted the manager of premiership champions Newcastle United.

:lol:

Would be happy with Beye, even though I know nowt about him.

He'll be off for ACN though, won't he?

Habib Beye (born October 19, 1977 in Suresnes (France), is a Senegalese footballer, who currently plays for French League 1 giants Olympique de Marseille, he is the current captain of the Mediterranean club, since the start of the 2006/2007 season. He made substitute appearances in Senegal's matches in the 2002 FIFA World Cup, against Denmark, Uruguay and Sweden, and is a regular feature in the Senegalese starting line up.

He played for RC Strasbourg before moving to Marseille in what was considered a surprise move, because he was so settled at his old club and was a firm favourite there. He is one of the most accomplished defenders in France's top tier. His preferred position in which he currently plays is right back. He is also the captain of Marseille

His performances this season have alerted the manager of premiership champions Newcastle United.

Yup Beye plays for Senegal so he would be off. Probably why Sam wants Edmilson in January if reports are to be believed.

Guest Mixon

Yep.

stick his name in youtube, theres a comp called 'beye' that has a bunch of footage, gives you an idea

Guest Invicta_Toon

stick his name in youtube, theres a comp called 'beye' that has a bunch of footage, gives you an idea

oh that's great, it's got him pwning Shearer, Boumsong and other NUFC players all over the shop

Suppose it will, but tbf, I could probably make Babayaro look like a world-class player with a comp...

Guest Verlaine

From the Sun:

By ONLINE REPORTER

July 11, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

Big Sam quit the Toon’s Austrian training camp for talks with the Senegal ace, 29, over a £3.1m move.

Beye will be Newcastle’s fifth close-season signing, after Allardyce splashed out a total of £10m on Joey Barton, David Rozehnal, Geremi and Mark Viduka.

Toon deputy chairman Chris Mort said: “We’ve brought in four players and there’s more money available.”

£3.1m, another bargain in my book. Hes a big, physical right back who has a bit of pace about him. Also him being captain of Marseille says big things about him, very happy with this signing (hopefully its nearly past the post!)

If so, then 2 LBs, at least 1 CB and an attacking mF left on the shopping list :D

Silvestre, Bridge, Hyypia and Deco please! Heinze would have been nice butmethinks he's got bigga fish to fry.

Deco is definite but Heinze is out of our league. :lol:

Guest teepee

beye looks good - strong and everything.

but some pretty dangerous tackles in one of those videos!

Habib Beye has insisted he wants to stay at Marseille, despite interest from Newcastle.

The 29-year-old, at home at right-back or centre-half, has emerged as one of the most effective defenders in Ligue 1 over recent seasons and Sam Allardyce is known to have been tracking him for a number of months.

Beye was one of the first targets highlighted by Allardyce when he took charge and reports in England suggested a deal to take him to Tyneside was close - but now the Senegalese international has stated his ambition to remain at the Stade Velodrome.

"I am under contract for one more year with l'OM and I do not want to leave unless I am told to go elsewhere," he revealed.

"At the appropriate time I will talk with the leaders, but now is not the time for that topic."

Beye is a firm fans' favourite at Marseille, having arrived from Strasbourg in 2003.

Beye is also captain and with a UEFA Champions League campaign in the offing, he is looking forward to next season.

"The quality of the squad has improved, but that must be cemented on the pitch," he told La Provence.

"The new players have shown their qualities at their previous club, and it is now with them to show it here.

"On paper with have a beautiful team, but that is only on paper.

"[bolo] Zenden is a player of international fame and the signature of [Djibril] Cisse is great news."

Beye insists Marseille should now be thinking about challenging the all-conquering Lyon for the French title.

"We finished second in the championship and were finalists in the Coupe de France, and logically we want to improve year on year," he said.

Guest niina

Habib Beye has insisted he wants to stay at Marseille, despite interest from Newcastle.

The 29-year-old, at home at right-back or centre-half, has emerged as one of the most effective defenders in Ligue 1 over recent seasons and Sam Allardyce is known to have been tracking him for a number of months.

Beye was one of the first targets highlighted by Allardyce when he took charge and reports in England suggested a deal to take him to Tyneside was close - but now the Senegalese international has stated his ambition to remain at the Stade Velodrome.

"I am under contract for one more year with l'OM and I do not want to leave unless I am told to go elsewhere," he revealed.

"At the appropriate time I will talk with the leaders, but now is not the time for that topic."

Beye is a firm fans' favourite at Marseille, having arrived from Strasbourg in 2003.

Beye is also captain and with a UEFA Champions League campaign in the offing, he is looking forward to next season.

"The quality of the squad has improved, but that must be cemented on the pitch," he told La Provence.

"The new players have shown their qualities at their previous club, and it is now with them to show it here.

"[bolo] Zenden is a player of international fame and the signature of [Djibril] Cisse is great news."

Beye insists Marseille should now be thinking about challenging the all-conquering Lyon for the French title.

"We finished second in the championship and were finalists in the Coupe de France, and logically we want to improve year on year," he said.

Well, no Beye then :(

Hopefully someone better :)

The Mirror and Guardian say that Charlton's Luke Young will be allowed to leave The Valley this summer for a fee in the region of £3m, with the Magpies being touted as potential suitors.
  :weep:

Guest niina

Standard quotes incase the move falls through, retain favour with the home crowd

Hopefully this is the case :)

If he stays, then the home crowd will still behind with him; if he goes, then he can say I still like to be here, it is the club who sell me :D

Well, no Beye then :(

Hopefully someone better :)

It sounds to me if as reported Sam was indeed talking to Beye when he left the training camp, then he must have been given permission by Marseille.

So this indeed sounds as if it's just damage limitation in case the deal falls through. Or it could just be a rehash of some quotes from a week or two ago. I know our media has used week old quotes from Geremi and Sam and woven them into articles as if they were new.

Its a shame but those quotes do seem to put an end to any deal for him, he is a decent RB but not to worry I am sure Sam has other targets in mind..

Doesn't stop any deal at all. Unless he wants to extend his contract, then the chances are that Marseille will sell him when we bid.

Guest Guinness

Its a shame but those quotes do seem to put an end to any deal for him, he is a decent RB but not to worry I am sure Sam has other targets in mind..

Doesn't stop any deal at all. Unless he wants to extend his contract, then the chances are that Marseille will sell him when we bid.

The way I read it he doesn't want to come, in which case it wouldn't matter whether or not Marseille accept our offer.